GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

major buick theft

Go down 
+2
81X11
a1awind
6 posters
AuthorMessage
a1awind

a1awind

major buick theft Empty
PostSubject: major buick theft   major buick theft Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:38 pm

http://jalopnik.com/5852584/help-us-find-this-stolen-buick-grand-national

they said there were 5 buick GN and T TYPES on trailers stolen from the nationals in Bowling Green KY.
this had to be a professionally done, well planned theft.

i dunno about you guys but if my daily gets stolen id be angry but if my Buick got stolen...they had better hope the police get them before I do. there will be the slow removal of their body parts for every nick scratch and pulled part.

around here we are lucky that we really only have asshole kids whom steal cars for joy rides. usually they light them on fire when they are done with them. ...ok that sucks but if its too much of a pain in the ass to steal they dont bother. thats why i have TiKi in a locked garage (aka the TiKi hut!).
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

major buick theft Empty
PostSubject: Re: major buick theft   major buick theft Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:15 pm

My '85 Grand Prix LE was stolen from my apartment parking lot in South Austin on April Fools Day back in 1995. I loved that car, it was always spotless. Dark blue over tan buckets, Rally II wheels, 305 Chevy V8, buckets, floor shift, full gauges. Not a rocket but a clean solid unmolested car.

I thought it was the mechanics from work playing a joke on me...then knew how it took care of that car...but nope, it was really gone.

I spent a week driving all over town looking for that car. It was only 10 years old, but even then it stood out. Nothing....gone.

I got a call from the police just over a week later. The GP had been found sunk to the axles in mud in a field near the woods in Bastrop, about 20 miles away. It had been towed out to a wrecking storage lot....and I had to pay the $300 towing and storage fee to get it back..

Misty drove me out there in my S-10. The GP looked good from a distance, but when I got close it was a mess. From about midway down the side it was all dried mud. The grill was smashed and the header panel was cracked, but the bumper was ok... The steering column was broken, the CD changer was missing in the trunk...and for some reason they'd popped the trunk torsion bars so the trunk lid would not stay up.

Inside was a mess. The carpet was full of muddy footprints, there were beer cans and cigarette butts all over.

I asked the police if they'd be able to pull prints....it was pretty obvious there were more than enough....but was told no, they didn't have the manpower...and to be glad the car had been recovered. Idiots.

After paying the wrecker folks $300 for nothing, one of the drivers told me I was lucky. Said lots of cars got stolen for joyrides and the theives ended up barreling through the woods hittings trees and jumping hills until the vehicles were either demolished or dumped in one of the many local ponds. I was lucky because they'd gotten stuck before they could do any serious damage...

The column was broken but I was able to start the car with a screw driver by pulling back on the exposed rod inside the column. The good little 305 fired right up. For the first 5 miles of my 20-min ride home all I heard was chunks of mud flying off the tires and breaking loose inside the wheel wells. It was cold that night and the driver's side door window would not seal against the weatherstripping...the theives had bent the mechanism pulling the window back to get in the car....those pillarless windows were SO easy to get behind.

It took me a month to put the car right again. I put the car up on the shop lift and used paint scrapers, trowels, and the shop water hose to get all the mud out of the underbody and frame....it was HORRIBLE under there. Misty came up to the shop and just died lauging because I was under the car....and totally brown. Muddy water, dirt and scum raining on me under the car.

I lucked out and found an 83 Grand Prix in the local slavage yard that was the same color blue. Got the header panel and grill off it, and the body was perfect again.

I bought a column kit and painted the column black and installed the Phoenix SJ steering wheel. I bent the window back, but it never sealed right again. I got in the habit of opening the door to put the window up and then slamming the door to get the best seal.

I had a stock radio, so thankfully the dash wasn't broken, but the theives had taken my FM modulated CD Changer out of the truck and rather than just unplug it they cut the wiring...STUPID. Bought a new changer and had to re-run wires to the front.

The hardest part of the entire repair was popping the trunk torsion bar back in place to hold the trunk open. Man was that a PAIN.

Lastly I had the door window re-tinted...they'd scratched it all up, and installed a Viper alarm...even though I don't trust those things, I was so pissed about everything I let the tint shop sell me on the alarm.

Had that car two more years. It was a great car, only sold it to help buy Misty a new Bonneville...gotta keep Mama happy... I sold it to one of my employees, Gustavo...aka "The Hispanic Mechanic"..ha! First thing he did was put a huge stereo in it followed by rediculous chrome wheels..... Oh well...

I personally think all car theives should be strung up and then shot.

-Mike

Back to top Go down

major buick theft Empty
PostSubject: Re: major buick theft   major buick theft Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:50 pm

+1 by their balls
Jim
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

major buick theft Empty
PostSubject: Re: major buick theft   major buick theft Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:25 pm

My original Fat Wagon (91 OCC) was stolen on april fools day too! Boo to that day!

Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

major buick theft Empty
PostSubject: Re: major buick theft   major buick theft Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Mad In 2006 my first GN was towed away from work parking lot in broad daylight. Owned it 17 years & had a lot of effort in it.

Before:

major buick theft Gnxd-1

major buick theft Gnxd-4

After:

major buick theft 100_0180_small

major buick theft 100_0150_small
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Grumpy

major buick theft Empty
PostSubject: Re: major buick theft   major buick theft Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:21 am

Well nothing has been followed up on the 3 cars on one trailer.. So as far as I know its down to 2.. Goin to be hard moving some of the parts if they try an piece em out. Of course they can't surface as a complete car either. Whenever we went down there our car was made so it wasn't goin anywhere on it's own. Hopefully something comes up an they catch this ****s
I also think they are still in Kentucky stashed away someplace.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

major buick theft Empty
PostSubject: Re: major buick theft   major buick theft Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:06 am

Its Sad when this crap happens. Seems like all the big weekend shows are always targets. Buick Shows - Good Guys - Carlisle. Our Last Autofair show we just had. There was a guy who was staying at a hotel just minutes from the show got there checked in he and his wife where in the room. She for some reason woke up in the middle of the night, looked out the window, and watched as three guys where breaking into their trailer and pulling their street rod out (stealing it) She woke her husband, and called the cops. They watched out the window, and the cops arrived as they where loading it on a flat bed. BUSTED!!

Then about 2 months ago my son was on his way to work, he owned a Jeep Gran Cherokee. He was driving down the interstate, and it started overheating. He pulled over and called his mom (I was working) she picked him up and took him to work. After his shift he got a ride to my place of employment so we could go look at it. Worse came to worse it would have been cooled down enough to atleast get it of the interstate (exit was like a few miles away) We get to where he parked it - GONE!! Someone stole his Jeep. We went to the local PD - Sheriffs & the Highway patrol. None of them had it towed. My son made out a stolen vehicle report, and he still has nothing. To make matters worse the kid just got done putting around 2 grand into it fixing it up Mad
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Sponsored content

major buick theft Empty
PostSubject: Re: major buick theft   major buick theft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

major buick theft
Page 1 of 1