GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick. Empty
PostSubject: Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick.   Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick. Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:41 pm

I want to do the same. I first did a search so I do not have to bug anyone with the same questions. I Noticed the roof rack has just a few screws holding them down. In my mind I was thinking of just reinstalling the screws after removal then grinding down, maybe a weld or just filler. hope there is no more then that.

Anyone have any detailed pics of there shaved wagon.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick.   Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick. Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:48 pm

I bought some fiberglass fillers last year, but I sold them. But from reading my FSM, its not that easy, there is also some epoxy stuff holding them in too it seems.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick.   Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick. Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Pulling the racks (at least on a Caprice) is as easy as removing a few screws and lifting the parts off. Have had mine off a few times to chase leaks.

I wouldn't use the Fiberglass parts myself. Would weld in some metal to fill the areas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick.   Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick. Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Ok, so there is just screw holes? Ill try it at work because i dont have my torques. still want to see pics if you got them.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick.   Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick. Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:38 pm

you can go to junk yard and see how they are boled on. if i am planning on doing a mod and dont now how something goes together i sometimes go to jy that way i dont break my stuff . also sometimes you can take a part off another car and see if it fits the wagon before you buy it
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick.   Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick. Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:22 pm

CarloNYC wrote:
Ok, so there is just screw holes? Ill try it at work because i dont have my torques. still want to see pics if you got them.

Yup. First remove the cross rails. 7 screw per side hold the side parts down. I would get some pics but the last time I assembled mine I sealed the bolts. They may never come out again, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick.   Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noticed some roofrack deletes on some wagons. Looks slick.
Page 1 of 1