GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts?

Go down 
+2
DBeaSSt
brokecello
6 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts? Empty
PostSubject: So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts?   So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:58 am

Does anyone know if our parts will be harder to get now? Or did GM already stop making stuff and we are now left with hidden NOS pieces and aftermarket produced parts? I feel like I should go ahead and buy my ZQ8's, 9C1 air dam pieces..a set of SS wheels and a new Buick grill! confused

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts?   So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:37 am

I think GM (or Delco in some cases) has already stopped making most of the specific parts for our cars. Things like grille's and such are NOS (new old stock) at this point anyway. When they're gone, they're gone.

I'm thinking about stocking up on parts like brakes and such though for a different reason. Delco is discontinuing a lot of the good US made parts (ceramic pads, rotors, etc) and replacing them with chinese made parts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

Location : Wandering aimlessly about Daytona Beach, FL, or in the Hospital

PostSubject: Its WAY TOO LATE to "Stock Up" :(   So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:44 pm

I just spoke with my local parts guy at the "stealership" today, (hes been with the same dealership 41 years) and he tells me the Impala SS wheels are all gone from the warehouses. Some dealers might have a few laying around, but the SS wheels are all gone. GM only keeps parts in warehouses for 7 years. Sometimes one can get lucky and get the occasional trim/interior piece, but 99.5 % of the time, they are all gone also. Face it guys, our cars are getting old, and NOS pieces are dryin up. And now with the bankruptcy, don't plan on GM making anything for our cars/wagons ever again. Grab whatever ya can now, cause when its all gone, its all gone.

Larry
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts?   So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Like as already been said, these cars are too old for GM to really make much for them anymore. Now more than ever they have to focus on the future as a business. They will dump lots of things in an effort to keep profit at a max.

As for NOS parts, look at what most of the stuff for the classics cost. Will be hard to find cheap parts before to long at all. Thanks to places like ebay and such people demand ludicrous prices for the parts they do have. Ran into one guy on an fbody forum that charges the same inflated prices for his parts as companies that sell used stuff.

Fact is the late model Impala was a very limited run so there is not much call for places to spend money making parts. Sure there were lots of Caprices made between 91-96. When those actually become collectible (if ever) and demand a parts aftermarket is anybodys guess.

The point of my longwinded rambling post is.....

You better get what you can while you still can Smile
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts?   So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:42 am

This kind of stuff keeps me awake at night.

Aftermarket parts aren't any better, either. I can't even count how many calipers I've returned for etierh sticking or leaking right out of the box.
Back to top Go down
Greg72

Greg72

PostSubject: Re: So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts?   So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:32 pm

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but parts for my '92 Roadmaster are currently a lot easier to find than stuff for my 72 v8 Vega or my 77 Monza Mirage! Laughing

And they made literally millions of these GM h-bodies! (the millionth Vega was produced just 3 years into their 6 year production).

Personally I think the aftermarket support for the Impala SS will be okay, not great ....not like the Camaros or Chevelles, but then again that will keep the riff raff out of the B-body segment of the hobby.

These days ANYONE can bolt together a nice '69 Camaro....hell they even make replacement bodies for them!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts?   So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So how will the news about GM affect 91-96 Bbody parts?
Page 1 of 1