GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A little praise is nice

Go down 
+4
Stemmler
81X11
1993 Roady-man
Nick Danger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

A little praise is nice Empty
PostSubject: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Mrs Danger took the wagon into the shop to get the front end aligned. While it was on the rack, the mechanic commented on how nice the exhaust was. My wife asked him if he had looked under the hood. He hadn't.

A little later, he looked under the hood. He invited the other mechanics to check it out. Then he went back to Mrs Danger and said, "Silent but deadly, huh? I bet you pass cars going up La Bajada Hill."

She smiled and said yes.

He asked her who did the work. She told him that we did it, in the driveway. He was impressed.

It's nice to have ones efforts recognized.

A little praise is nice Banana
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Im still kinda new. Where can I see your wagon. Any pics?
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:20 am

yes lets see the pix's of this beast maybe I have seen it but a refresher would b nice.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:03 am

It's not much of a beast. Other cars on the forum are much more impressive. I think they were just surprised by the idea of a gray-haired lady driving a wood station wagon with X-pipes and headers.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:21 am

Isn't that the best?!?!?! Ha! I love to take my wagon to the oil change place and not say anything, but stand off at a distance as they open the hood the 1st time. It's always good for a laugh. Look at the engine, look at the car, look back at the engine, call the other guys over, point, shake heads, and then they come find me to ask how to look up the proper oil filter. Hahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Stemmler

Stemmler

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 10:57 am

Thats great, always a good feeling when the whole shop comes over to look at your car.

Between looking at more modified cars on the forums and being around these cars a lot you forget how different it is from most driving appliances people have these days.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 11:35 am

I took the wagon to firestone on Tuesday JUST for the free tire rotation........... and to show it off........

The wife has tired of the comments from strangers so much that she wants to take her grand prix down the blue ridge parkway..... don't think so!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 2:31 pm

I bet the old farts in the moping motorhomes get a kick out of seeing a big ol wagon passing
them instead of a ricer or a bike.Beautiful stretch of road if love curves,hills and incredible
scenery.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Nick this thread is still worthless without pictures.....
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 3:02 pm

I can help!

A little praise is nice CorvetteRails006

A little praise is nice CorvetteRails002
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 3:50 pm

I'll see what I can do.

It doesn't look as good as Mike's car, that's for sure. I have never cleaned the engine compartment. I probably rinsed it the when I changed to 9c1 hoses.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 3:53 pm

I need to buy a new alternator or take that one off and paint it...it takes away from the rest of the engine...

Anyone have a trick to make bare aluminum brighter?
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:10 pm

For example, this is not my car. I do not have the patience to do anything like this. (Huge picture.)

http://roadmonster.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Samco-Hoses-Install-Day-May-14-09-015.jpg

I wish I could get that kind of result without having to put in all that pesky work.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:20 pm

81X11 wrote:
I need to buy a new alternator or take that one off and paint it...it takes away from the rest of the engine...

http://modernmusclecars.net/forums/articles.php?do=polish

More of that hard work stuff. If wanted a shiny alternator, I'd buy one that was already polished.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Nick Danger wrote:
81X11 wrote:

http://modernmusclecars.net/forums/articles.php?do=polish

More of that hard work stuff. If wanted a shiny alternator, I'd buy one that was already polished.

I don't want a polished one. I just wish mine didn't look 15 years old.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:26 pm

And YES I know the a/c accumulator is stained. I may use some fine sandpaper on that as it will not clean up any other way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Mike thats getting a little extreme for a DD.You could just buy a new one or a shiny rebuilt
one.
LOL
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Mike thats getting a little extreme for a DD.You could just buy a new one or a shiny rebuilt
one.
LOL
Jim Gordon

I've been driving the 79 Buick to work the past three days (it's spotless) because my wife got the Roady all dirty while her GP was in the shop, and it's been too late to wash it....to my standards....when I've been getting home from work. pale

I'll make it pretty again this weekend.

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 9:51 pm

thread is still worthless......

Tim has shined his accumulator I noticed tonight while peering under his hood.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 10:07 pm

A little praise is nice Underhood

Not a good picture. The sun was low, so I had to point the car towards the west. Then, to avoid casting a shadow, I had to stand about 30° to the side and use a wide angle, so everything is distorted.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 10:15 pm

A little praise is nice NickUnderCar

This is the only picture that shows anything of the exhaust. It was taken by Mrs Danger, who has her own idea of what's the most handsome thing in a picture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 7:40 pm

What do you call those clamps holding your pipes together? where you get them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:08 pm

I would say to your wife the most handsome thing in the picture is the JACKSTAND.Kinda
sexy with those long black legs and all skinny and round at the top.Me Likes.
Ji Gordon
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Jackstand, jackass... Whatever. Razz

And those would be stainless band clamps. Autozone even carries them now. You can gt them where you actually just butt the pipes together and that clamp will seal all around the gap. Pretty cool.

And very cool on getting noticed, Nick.Sure does make ya feel good, don't it? Smile It sure is a great thing about these wagons! (The ego-stroking that comes along with driving one, I mean) Smile

I swear I can't fill up the gas tank without at least 1 or 2 people making the effort to walk over and let me know how cool the car is. Smile Young, old... It don't matter. Everyone loves wagons!
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:49 pm

CarloNYC wrote:
What do you call those clamps holding your pipes together? where you get them?

This is what I used. They're inexpensive, and they're stainless steel.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
I would say to your wife the most handsome thing in the picture is the JACKSTAND.Kinda
sexy with those long black legs and all skinny and round at the top.Me Likes.
Ji Gordon

A little praise is nice Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Sure are right about these cars attracting attention.I get positive comments about my OCC
everytime I go out in it.These cars have a way of making people comfortable and letting their
guard down a little bit,so they can start a conversation with someone they would normally
never speak to without a good reason.Older women my age seem to get a little grin on their
face and instantly feel like they know you or maybe its just wishful thinking on my part.
Always have time to talk to a pretty woman!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little praise is nice   A little praise is nice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little praise is nice
Page 1 of 1