GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?

Go down 
+8
brokecello
phantom 309
sherlock9c1
bcreasy
Sprocket
jayoldschool
DBeaSSt
81X11
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Empty
PostSubject: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:53 pm

Okay, I know Nick will say LT1 or gtfo (lol) but seriously, hear me out on this one....

I love my wagon. Seriously, I do. It's not perfect, it's not the best, but it's what I found when I just so happened to have the money, and I never thought in a million years I would ever find a wagon forum/club/group. But... I got to thinking today after attending the SoFaSSt picnic.

The TBI wagon is seriously lacking in aftermarket. I know, it's basically a small block and you can do almost anything to them, but I mean the car itself. All the interior stuff? LT1 cars. All the main tech info/club stuff? LT1 cars. The TBI cars are the forgotten step-children it seems.

My dilemma: I want an LT1 wagon, but I can't afford two cars, I would need to sell mine first... but what if the one I want doesn't come along when I need it? Sad

Blah.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:56 pm

I like your car, but will gladly locate you and LT1 fast if you tell me the budget. You may have to get a bus/plane ticket though, but I love "the hunt", and sure would not blame you for going with an LT1.

One of THE BEST things is watching people's reactions when I open the hood. Ha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:58 pm

Can't travel. That's not in the budget. To get to Texas would at least be a couple hundred bucks in plane stuff, then a couple hundred more in gas to get back... I wish I could though.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 12:52 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 12:55 am

Tan interior is nice... makes my dream of an orange wagon sound so much better.

Must save money for Spring time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 1:08 am

the lt1 should give you better fuel economy as well
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:31 am

It truly depends on what YOU want. The TBI cars cannot compare to LT1 in terms of smooth power, no contest. But if you like your TBI car, then keep it! Wink

LT1's are not all that expensive anymore so. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Sting, drive your car, enjoy it. There will always be something faster, something cooler, something a better colour, something louder, etc, etc.

You have the perfect car for a student. It is reliable, useful, and paid for. You have years to track down the next one Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 1:38 pm

You raise a fair point.

I could always hang onto this one until after college (or, even still keep it then and go nuts with it. Real job = real monies).

Hmmmmm....
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:38 pm

[quote="Stingroo"]Real job = real monies). quote]

Real job = real monies - wife - kids - mortgage - bills = I had more money in college.

Sad

Last edited by 81X11 on Mon May 23, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:38 pm

Blank post? I assume that's a post of agreement? lol
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 5:45 pm

81X11 has it right... the more money you make, the less you have to spend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 5:57 pm

lol Well that bites.

Plus I guess since I did finally get a lead on a 9C1 surround, and I doooo kinda have a console and other TBI red passenger seat... it can stay around for awhile yet.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 5:58 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
81X11 has it right... the more money you make, the less you have to spend.

Now don't be downer. It's true greater debt comes along with greater income, but I sure like my house a lot better than my college dorm room.

It's all worth it buddy! Keep studying!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:00 pm

rev. chuck wrote:
the lt1 should give you better fuel economy as well

Can I have a puff off that pipe??? Seriously what do you base your statement on? I currently own 2 tbi and 2 LT1 wagons with different rear ends, etc. and hands down my 305 with a 2.73 offers the best fuel economy, city, mixed, or straight hwy).
straight hwy I can get 26 all day at 80mph as long as there is no corn in the gas and my LT1 with a 2.56 would get a respectible 24 tops.

Sting, on the college budget the TBI is the way to go. Bullet proof and parts are alot cheaper (ignition system parts about 50% less).
Don't even get me started on fuel injectors.... Smile

Not to poop on LT1 cars, I love the roadie with the tow pack and posi, (so much fun in the rain).

Both are solid, but as the old saying goes, bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Spend some time on thirdgen.org and talk to Pat, there are some easy mods that are cheap that'll give you some real noticable performance gains.
Back to top Go down
bcreasy

bcreasy

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:24 pm

I might have a lead on a 1994 wagon 158,xxx 1 owner but its been sitting for a few yrs and mice have access to it , not sure if it will fire and drive home or not. last I heard $500 could take it home
Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Photo
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:24 pm

Seasons of life, man, seasons of life. Never lose sight of this.

Right now, you are a student. The TBI wagon is perfect for a student. Reliable and cheap to fix. Save money. Keep driving what you got. Once you graduate and get a job, THEN you can start looking for a different car.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Just remember when you do get out and get a real job you do not have to get Honda or Toyota to "fit in". I have NO ISSUES finding any of my cars in the Dell parking lot after work....or the Wal-Mart parking lot....or anywhere else, and I LOVE that fact. HA!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:49 pm

what dilemma?
get some money,.
then decide,.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:09 pm

81X11 wrote:
Just remember when you do get out and get a real job you do not have to get Honda or Toyota to "fit in". I have NO ISSUES finding any of my cars in the Dell parking lot after work....or the Wal-Mart parking lot....or anywhere else, and I LOVE that fact. HA!

To hell with that nonsense. I refuse to own a Japanese vehicle. They don't make anything that I find appealing, outside of the uber performance vehicles, but you know, monies and all that.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Lol.

Just start saving up a little money on the side for what you want. I've seen your wagon in person, and think it fits your personality pretty well. Enjoy it and beat it to death (cause it will take it) You are a fun guy, and that wagon will give you lots of fun without you having to worry about it too much.

Then when the time is right, use that saved cash to snag what you want.

Last edited by brokecello on Tue May 24, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:25 pm

I suppose so. I figure I won't feel bad about dropping some money on wheels/tires on it in the winter, since all the wagons can share those. Other than that I suppose it's rattle cans and interior work to make it more comfy from here.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:37 am

Just out of curiosity I clicked on the link for the '96 in Fla. Oh gee look,a white Roadie with woodgrain sides and tan interior.How many of that combo were made?????????
Ad states sun/moon roof,huh? Ummm, no brainiac, it's a non-opening "Vista" roof.duh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:54 am

Apparently, actually - some were made with conversion roofs in FRONT of the vista roof.

Weird, I know. Yeah though... I don't want a white woody (who needs two of those? LOLOLOLOL)

But no, in all seriousness - I wouldn't care - white is easy to paint over, and tan interior works well with orange. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:59 am

Quote :
some were made with conversion roofs in FRONT of the vista roof

Not from the factory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:05 am

I know, but they're still out there, apparently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:13 am

What with the orange paint fetish?I still have those 5 spoke Eagle alloys Ray and since they
are 15x7 ,you wont need to buy new tires.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:14 am

I love the color orange. A lot. I don't know why, I just always have. lol

And hmmmm.... I forgot about those. Surprised
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:05 pm

I think a Hugger Orange Wagon would look sweet.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Plumb Crazy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Sunset Orange Metallic > All others.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Sunset Orange Metallic > All others.

Oh wait,I understand now, it's a Florida citrus thing, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:37 am

Nah. I can't wait to get OUT of Florida. lol
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:56 am

Stingroo wrote:
Nah. I can't wait to get OUT of Florida. lol

lets trade places! you come up here and freeze your tookas off! ill go deal with all that sun, sand, and seawater for you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:17 am

I spent time in Maine. I like the cold.

Hate the rust and salt though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?   Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dilemma... To LT1 or not to LT1?
Page 1 of 1