GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week

Go down 
+10
1993 Roady-man
toomanytoyz
81X11
lornejay1
phantom 309
lakeffect
jayoldschool
Donzie
BigBlackBeaSSt
Bewber
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Empty
PostSubject: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:32 pm

Just thought I'd pop in again to say hey since I've been offline all week, and to share a spy shot of what I've been working on. I left home Tuesday morning and have been at my buddy Lloyd's house in Racine, WI all week working on his new 95 SS.

Anyway, here's where we're at with it, and will be shooting color tomorrow morning.

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Lloyd_10

I flamed a mailbox as a test panel for the colors and it came out bangin, so we're pretty excited to see it on the car and in the sunlight. I'd hoped to be done today, but the weather just wouldn't cooperate throughout the week, so I couldn't work as late as I otherwise would have been able to during the nights. Colors go on tomorrow morning, and I'm looking forward to wapping up and getting back home.

Hope you guys are all doing well, and a huge thank you to all our wagon kook veterans for your service. I truly appreciate it.

Happy Memorial weekend,
John
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:01 am

WOW...........
Back to top Go down
Donzie

Donzie

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:18 am

Can't wait to see the finished product.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:51 am

Is the pattern symmetrical?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:15 am

Looking at the pattern closely, I would think, similar from side to side, but not symmetrical. there are small variations that can be seen. Nice design. Can't imagine how many hours there were just in layout with the paper and tape.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

JOHN, keep the paint handy. Not knowing what the future may bring to that hood, it's always a good thing to have touch up paint in the original colors available!

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:18 am

Hmmmm,. i get that deja vu feeling,.

What colors??

Nick
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:23 am

phantom 309 wrote:
Hmmmm,

What colors??

Nick

According to his reference.

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Img_2013
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:47 am

The layout looks great! Nice work! How long did that take you?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:05 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Hmmmm,. i get that deja vu feeling,.

What colors??

Nick

Nick, it's funny you should say that, because I was thinking of your hood when I mentioning saving the paints for retouches.

That way he won't need to invest in an axe.

Dave

( Nick, it's your turn to buy the beer)
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:22 pm

Looks great, meng! You sure can lay down a set of flames! Smile

Can't wait to see it done!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:32 pm

Hope you are keeping track of your time because I have a feeling you will be getting requests
from some wagon nuts!Beautiful work John,cant wait to see it finished in all its flaming glory.
Jim Gordons
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Seriously waiting patiently.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:28 pm

cant wait to see some more pics
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:41 pm

is it done yet?????????????????
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:38 am

Is it done yet? Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:03 am

WELL!!!! IS IT!!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:52 pm

STILL WAITING DAMMIT AND NOT PATIENTLY EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:56 pm

Face. Book. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Haha, yea, my part is finally done and thank you all very much for the compliments. There's still a few loose ends to complete the process, but those will be done by whoever does some other minor spot repairs to the rest of the car.

Sorry about the delay for those who haven't seen it on Lloyd's faceypage, but I got home yesterday morning at 5am, napped, then spent the day with the fam instead of the internets.

Anyway, here are some shots of it in the daylight, and I'll let you guys be the judges on symmetry. Smile I'd call it pretty darn close though.

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Hood_110

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Hood_210

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Iso_dr10

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Iso_pa10

It was alot of work, but I had a great time doing it and I really do hope that this job gets me other jobs - and if you like this layout, I can duplicate it.

Thanks for the look,

John

Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Very nice! Is there a clear coat covering all the flames?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:36 pm

Yea, but it's just a midcoat clear for now. He had other minor spots to repair on the car, so before it really hits the road, the whole car will be scuffed and recleared, properly burying and protecting the flame job.
Back to top Go down
Donzie

Donzie

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:14 pm

Just flaming awesome!!
Back to top Go down
BigWagon

BigWagon

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:29 pm

Nice job, sir. I would love to see you turned loose on a motorcycle.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Haha, ME TOO!

Anybody got a cold bike they want heated up?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:42 pm

WITH FLIP FLOP PAINT NO LESS!

Too bad the forum let let me use the word F***ing. or otherwise I'd say:

It's F***ING AWESOME !

From these angles the symmetry is obvious. Early shots were a bit deceiving to me. So I apologize for not seeing it well enough to notice the fantastic tape job that you were laying out!

Dave
Rochester NY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 3:21 pm

Dave you kiss ass you just trying to butter up John so he will flame your car first!
Jim Gordon Laughing
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 3:56 pm

AAH CRAP!

You are on to my sinister plan already!

Seriously though... great work John!

Last edited by lakeffect on Tue May 31, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 4:03 pm

Great work!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Bewb's gonna be busy at fest this year.........Smile
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:13 pm

I'm cool with that. afro

Also, a couple more pics just came in that show some of the colors a little better, so I thought I'd share them:

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Blue10

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Copper10

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Purple10

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Driver10

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Pass10

I thought it was cool to see the doors be such a deep blue. Ok, that should be it for awhile.

Thanks,
John
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:52 pm

bitchin'
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:42 pm

its cool how you went from the black being the flame to the new paint being the flame down the side. i had to go back and see how it happened
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pic of the car I've been flaming all week   Pic of the car I've been flaming all week Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pic of the car I've been flaming all week
Page 1 of 1