HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
81X11

PostSubject: Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4    Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:03 pm

I SURE would like to see some other wagons show up for this. It runs from 8am-12-noon, and from a buddy I was told to be there early. Over 1400 cars expected!

I'm waxing and detailing my Roady tomorrow night, and we're driving up to Dallas Friday night and I'll be there early....camera in hand.

http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/

Vids from previous shows.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=148MzYwIBAs - Great sounds here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwU_AwHLNH8

Also planning to go to the Galaxy Drive-In in Ennis on Saturday evening. Always a good time!

http://www.galaxydriveintheatre.com/

Looking forward to this weekend!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4    Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:27 pm

REMINDER! This is TOMORROW! Don't make me be the only Longroof there!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDRWY5hUKU8

Cars and Coffeeâ„¢ Dallas meets at 6800 Dallas Parkway, Plano TX 75024 in the Classic BMW parking lot.

http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4    Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:10 pm

Ok folks this is going to be a long one....with lots of pics. Had a REALLY REALLY good time in Dallas this weekend. Just got home a little while ago. Tired but happy! The wagon did great on the trip, as always.

The BEST thing about this car is that I can use it daily, use it for family trips, AND put it in the car show and it gets a TON of attention. It's the only car I can think of that can server double-duty like that! Such Fun!

Here we are gassing up to head north. Family all in the car and rear loaded with luggage and kid junk...bikes on the back. Family Truckster Fun

On the highway....MAN IS IT HOT!

Got up to Dallas Friday night. Ready for the show!

My in-laws let me put the Roady in their garage. Gotta keep it clean for the show!

My father-in-law and brother-in-law went to Cars and Coffee with me. We got there at 8am and EVERY PARKING SPOT was full! Will got even earlier next time. Ended up parking next to a curb in the show. There was a tree right there, and my father-in-law set out a chair in the shade, and I opened the hood. He had a BALL watching people's reactions to the engine on my car. He said it made everyone do double-takes, and he has new respect for the Roady.

Here's my father-in-law giving the thumb's up between two BMW SUV's (the show is in the Classic BMW dealership parking lot in Plano). Nice new "Bumblebee" Camaro in front of him.

My wagon was a big hit! Lots of fun!

THIS IS AN AWESOME SHOW! If you get a chance, GO TO THIS!

Here we go!

Olds F-85 mild custom

1960 Impala Convertible

Jensen Healy

The North Texas Viper Club was there

Gorgeous Split-Window Vette

Late-model GTO

Chevy SSR Pace Car/Truck?

Mean Plymouth Satellite

Sharp Toys!

Datsun 280-Z

Year One "Bandit Edition" Trans Am

Sharp Anniversary Trans Am

LOTS of pretty Vettes

MEAN 68 Camaro

Cobras and Model A's! Odd mix of cars!

Pontiac G8s. MAN I miss Pontiac!

Hot new Caddy's

Camaro and Vette

Unrestored "bathtub" Nash

Here come the hot rods!

This '55 was set up to RUN!!

Toys Toys Toys

MEAN Chevelle

Laird also showed up (in his '96 Bonneville ) and was ready to buy this super-clean fishbowl
He LOVED it!

YUGO???

Land Rovers

Lotus Esprit V8

BMW M1

And a REAL Yugo, a GVX...the "sport Yugo". Ha! Funny!

Shining Monkey?

CLEAN BMW coupe

I LOVE E-type Jags...SO Sharp!

Clean 57 Chevy

Sunbeam Alpine...with factory paint

MG, Aston Martin, and Lambo

Bentley

New Ford SHO

1st gen RX7

Mustang GT Convertible

T-Rex

My brother-in-law bending over to check out a Buell motorcycle....at least I think that's what he was looking at.....

VW Fun

Porsche Fun

GORGEOUS Camaro SS

Not one but TWO Shelby GT-350H Mustangs. These were originally Hertz rental cars out on the west coast. The one one the left has an owner-installed vintage Shelby/Paxton supercharger. These were SHARP cars!

Mean Nova rumbling by

Spice Red GTO

GORGEOUS 78 Trans Am

More Late-Model Goats

Another nice Camaro

And another Nash...this one restored and gorgeous!

Modded Olds Lead Sled

62 Corvette

70 Road Runner

Check out this Olds Jetfire with LS2 power. SHARP!!

1972 Cutlass

Clean 3rd Gen Camaro

GORGEOUS 69 Camaro

70 Cuda with wild Billet wheels

92 GMC Typhoon

Trans Am with "interesting" bird on the hood

MEAN CHEVELLE!

Modern Shelby

67 Camaro

Camaro Split-Bumper...these look so sharp

CLEAN Grand Prix

67 DeVille ragtop

Corvette with interesting hood insulation

Pretty C3's

New Nissan GT-R

Clean 72 Cutlass Convertible

Elky and Vette

Sharp K5 Blazer

Checking on my father-in-law and my Roady over an Miata

New Grand Sport Vette...WOW!

"Barn Find" Vette Ragtop.

Laird put his 96 Bonny in the show next to a 68 Firebird. I know it's just a regular Bonny, but with only 50K miles and detailed to-the-hilt, he's really proud of it. Looks new. Glad he joined in!

68 Firebird next to Laird's Bonny

Do you want a notchback or fastback Cuda? Had both options here!

Orange GTO...neat color

And "Yenko Tribute" modern Camaro

Plymouth Suburban wagon

Triumph Speed Triple....love these!

GORGEOUS AMX! Check out the bumper sticker. Classic!

Awesome Resto-Mod 55 Chevy

Another new GT-R

Lambo

Mean Mustangs

Modded MR2

66 Mustang 2+2

Ferrari

Acura NSX

Cobra

?????????????????????

Brand New Alfa Romeo. First one I've seen in person.

Lancia Montecarlo

Ferrari F40

Lots of Exotics

Callaway Twin Turbo Alfa

More Mustang Fun

Allante

Shelby Ragtop...sharp!

and Fastback

Mercury Cyclone Spoiler

Another Gorgeous 55 Chevy

This is a rare car...wish they'd washed it before putting it in the show. It's an ASC/McClaren convertible. These are 2-seaters, not many left.

I still really like these Bullitt Mustangs. Just simple and clean

Mercury Marauders

More sharp Vettes

It's a Vespa scooter with a sidecar!

CLEAN!

Supra

Lightning

More Vettes

Another pretty Chevelle

Cyclone Grey GTO

Awesome 442

Model A

Buick Special

Clean Ford

Classic Poncho

82 Z28

Elky and Trailblazer SS

Classic Chevy Pickup

Lots of Chevelle's there!

An entire scooter club pulled in

BMW's

80's Eldo ragtop

MEAN 55!

Lemans/GTO Clone

Fairlane ragtop

GrandVille Ragtop

More GTO's

Holden Monaro tail lights

Back.....to the FUTURE!

I LOVED this Challenger

This C3 was for sale at a very good price...not the most sought-after or the fastest, but a clean cruiser!

Jeep wagon

We pretty much closed down the show! Good times!

That was a great show, and a really good day.

After the show my brother-in-law took us out for a catfish lunch. It was GOOD, and then we went looking at motorcycles...my other passion besides cars. Good times.

That afternoon my brother and sister-in-law took me out for a "surprise". Misty took the kids mountain-biking so I had a pass for the afternoon. THe in-laws would not tell me what the surprise was. I was brave.

We went to Lower Greenville to a place called Richard Avila's Mextopia for "The Widowmaker Happy Hour", which consists of "Beer and Bacon"....yes, actual bacon. It was awesome..ha! I had a large glass of Fireman's Four beer, and they brought out a plate of fried bacon, half regular, half cooked with brown sugar on it...wow. Ha! We also had chips and queso, followed by a another plate of bacon, then switched from beer to margaritas. I hardly ever drink and let me tell you I was feeling pretty good..hahaha!

http://sidedish.dmagazine.com/2011/05/27/the-widowmaker-happy-hour-beer-bacon-at-mextopia/

Lower Greenville is an area of old buildings that have been converted to clubs and bars. We next walked up the street a bit and went to The World Beer Lounge, which claims to have over 250 different kinds of beer....and man they did. My sister-in-law got me some kind of Belguim beer...all I remember was that it was GOOD and it was COLD.

All in all we spent about three hours in Greenville, and man did I enjoy it. Don't get to do stuff like that much.

BUT the evening was not over! My other sister-in-law and her new husband were having a get-together at their home and wanted us to come. They live near Lake Lewisville, which might as well be Oklahoma... It's about an hour from where we were. We drove up there and my new brother-in-law was cooking out, lots of family and friends there, so I finished up the evening eating steak and chicken and drinking homemade cherry vodka. Holy cow!

Now please remember I hardly ever drink, so don't think I'm a booze-hound please...this was just a fun and odd day! Since Misty had the kids I got to let loose a bit. Nice break!

So lets see.....huge car show...catfish....motorcycles.....beer and bacon....cookout...and lots of family and friends.

I CAN NOT remember when I've had such a good day.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

-Mike

Videos from Cars and Coffee Dallas 6/4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUC3eU5coTo - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmNOyUUwRtQ&NR=1 - Part 2

Last edited by 81X11 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4    Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:34 pm

excellent pics as usual mikey,.
only the 1 wagon??

nick
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4    Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:10 am

WOW..........
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4    Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:39 am

phantom 309 wrote:
excellent pics as usual mikey,.
only the 1 wagon??

nick

Actually no, there was a woody Roady and a Caprice wagon that showed up. I saw the Roady WAY down a row driving, it had Caprice crosslace wheels on it, and my father-in-law said the white Caprice drove right beside my Roady and the driver took pics of my car. I never got close to either one of them. The show is huge and I don't know if they ever parked or just drove through, sadly.

I was kinda hoping someone on here would speak up about being there. If you were there, sorry I missed you!

-Mike

Oh one guy did talk my ear off about joining the Texas I.N.C. club, which stands for Impalas-N-Caprice. He had a 96 Caprice and just LOVED my Roady. They have their annual meet in Austin, called INC-Fest, back in April. I may look into it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Wj08TNVRQ
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4    Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:58 am

Oh and I didn't make it to the drive-in in the wagon....pretty obvious if you read the post above, ended up at my sister-in-law's cookout. Will do the drive-in on the next trip up for sure.

Something to look forward to!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4    Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:23 am

Hey Mike as always great pics and wonderful commentary.Wonder what the total would be if you could somehow manage to add up the value of all those cars.It would be a HUGE amount
for sure.Again my favorite is the copper 55 chevy towards the end.My sentimental pick would
have to be that original Sunbeam Alpine which was my first car way back in 1970.Awesome
and widespread bunch of cars.
Thanks Again Mike
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4    Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:38 am

Yep I had a ball at this show. Found out after the fact the the summer hours are 7am-11am...no wonder all the spots were full when I got there at 8am. Will know for next time!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4    Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:34 am

I'm planning to go to the July Dallas C&C if anyone wants to meet there. I KNOW there are some other wagons in the DFW area, at least two were there.

I hate to miss the Austin show again but the Dallas show is just amazing.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4    Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:34 am

Nice pics as always and a few to jog the memories:

69 AMX, our across the street neighbor had the identical copy color and all. love the metallic copper paint.....

Granville 'vert, had a '73 burgandy on burgandy with a black top...loved that car but it was a rustbelt special. owned it 9 months lost 400 bucks on it and it was used in an armed robbery two days after I sold it (still titled in my name at the time).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4    

Back to top Go down

Cars and Coffee Dallas is THIS WEEKEND 6/4
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1