GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ

Go down 
+2
silverfox103
Nick in PA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick in PA

Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:14 am

Hello Group,
I purchased a black 1a2 wagon that was for sale in south NJ. I want to find out the history of the vehicle. One person mentioned in a previous post that it was a school vehicle in South Eastern PA. I was hoping you can tell me where that info came from. I cant find any information regarding the cars original service. Other then this posting that I am responding too, the car is completly off the radar. I went over the car with a fine tooth comb and found no stickers, markings, decals, service stickers or anything. I did find an old business card from 2001 from the Philadelphia Parole and Probation Department stuck in the dash. I called the Philadelphia Courts number but they will not help with the cars history. They can care less. It is an odd request but was told there is no way to tell. Im sure if it was a Philadelphia car, someone would have record of the VIN.
The owner is of no help. Can only tell me it was purchased at an auction in Philly and that there was a sister car that looked just like it. It was titled in NJ in 2003 so Im guessing prior to that it was still in service. That would mean that the 2001 business card I found was left there during its active service.
Any information at all is appreciated. Even if you looked at the car and talked with the angry fellow who owned it. MAybe he had other details for you.
Its an all black 1991 1a2 wagon. HAs blue vinyl interior, manual windows and locks. 72,000 miles.
Was for sale in Paulsboro NJ.
Thanks,
The car now resides back in PA, Northeastern PA.
Nick in PA
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:29 am

carfax.com

There is a fee, but you can get the answers to your questions.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:35 am

Welcome to the group Nick.My suggestion would be run the Vin thru CarFax and AutoChek
and see if they might find something about the cars history.When a car is state owned the
actual licensing and accident repair history are almost impossible to document so best of luck.
Even if you cant document the cars past what you do with it in the future is more important
to me personally.Have fun with it.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Obviously Tom and I have the same idea about finding out aboutt your cars history!
Back to top Go down
Nick in PA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:08 am

Thanks, I intend to run one. Its $35 for one report. Carfax shows 3 records found. One is most likely when I retitled it so that leaves two records unaccounted for. Maybe the second is the 2003 NJ title. Maybe Ill get lucky and someone may have seen the 2 sister cars at the auction or perhaps someone actually has the second car. That would be neat. I bet a police officer can figure it out in short order with a Vin check.
Have a good weekend,
Nick in PA
Back to top Go down
rkmdogs

rkmdogs

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Trying to back check a police-optioned service vehicle can be worse than
looking for the proverbial needle-in-a-haystack.
I've been there, done that!
I had a '95 9C1 ex-FBI undercover car, that came from an auction
somewhere in NY state.
Tried to find out background. All that records showed was that it had
been purchased by the Federal General Services Administration, and
direct contact would not disclose where it had been used in service, if they
even knew.
I bought an Astro minivan once at a GSA auction in Smyrna, TN. At the close,
when we were doing the paperwork, I read the file upside-down, 'cause they would
not show it to me. That van had been assigned to the Bureau of Family Services, in
St.Louis, MO.! So the govm't moves them around to wherever they plan an auction.
Local juristiction uses are usually easier to find, but several ex-squad cars that I have bought at auctions, when checked on, the records were destroyed when the vehicles
were assigned to be auctioned off. It is definitely a hard search. Look for the factory
orginal build sheet, if it is still in the car. Mine have been tucked under the springs of
the drivers seat, twice in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:41 pm

When I bought my ex NY SP 1A2 I found a paycheck stub from an officer under the rear seat. He was a dick when I called him up to find out where the car was used in service.
But I figured it wasn't too far from where he lived in NY....
Back to top Go down
Nick in PA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Ill have to look up under the springs of the seat, You never know. So far I found a few Bic Pens, some Salem Cigarette Butts, Wriglys gum wrappers and a few peanuts. Someone has a record of this car. What I need is a Pal at the DMV. A couple clicks on a DMV computer would get me my answer.
My wife has been understanding of the expneses so far, but ill wait a while before I drop another $35 for the carfax. To all you single guys, my advice is to stash away some cash for your toys before you get married.
Nick in PA

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:59 am

usually over on the ISSF some one has an unlimeted acct on CarFax or one of those and will run a VIN for ya. Just go post a thread asking for someone to PM you and they usually will.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Quote :
So far I found a few Bic Pens, some Salem Cigarette Butts, Wriglys gum wrappers and a few peanuts. Someone has a record of this car.
Good grief! With all that evidence, contact Horatio Caine and within an hour his CSI team will be able to identify everyone who's ever been in or around the car. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Nick in PA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 pm

OK, what is the ISSF? I googled it and I found the International Stainless Steel Foundation, the International Shooting Sport Federation and Independent Schools of South Florida, but nothing car related.
Greg, thats a nice looking CC. I have a 92CC myself but its all stock.
Nick

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:15 am

Back to top Go down
Nick in PA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:07 pm

I posted on there at the same time I started this thread. No offers on the Carfax.
My friend didnt get the Service History yet.
Have a good weekend,
Nick in PA
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 8:43 am

Nick in PA wrote:

Greg, thats a nice looking CC. I have a 92CC myself but its all stock.
Nick

Thanks for the compliment Nick. Mine's really all stock too. The engine just has paint and an air cleaner to give it personality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ   Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for Wagon History on a 1a2 I bought in NJ
Page 1 of 1