GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hotrod power tour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gwturbo

gwturbo

Hotrod power tour Empty
PostSubject: Hotrod power tour   Hotrod power tour Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:46 pm

The hotrod magazine power tour started this weekend in Melbourne, Fl. They left there this morning for Valdosta, Ga. and then on to Detroit by this Friday. The amount of cars that were there and participating in the whole trip were from all over the country and some from Europe also. They said there was roughly 3000 vehicles. It was amazing to see so many very nice looking hot rods. There were a lot of wagons and everyone seemed to agree that the number of wagons is greatly increasing in these types of events. I took some pics with my cell phone and as soon as I can figure out how to get them out of my phone I will post some. the stops are after Cecil, Ga on to Montgomery, Nashville, Indanapolis, some where in Mich and then on to Detroit. If you get a chance you should try and make one of the stops. You can check out the schedule on the web.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Hotrod power tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotrod power tour   Hotrod power tour Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:05 pm

I missed out the year they came to Harrisburg. Waiting for it to happen again. Always wanted to do the whole week......... Great fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
68GS400

68GS400

Hotrod power tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotrod power tour   Hotrod power tour Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:09 pm

I ran Long Haul this year in my 68 Buick GS 400 (4th LH) I bought the 89 Estate wagon to do future Long Hauls with grandson (and several children too!) It is some experience: 3000 miles with 3000 of your best friends. Yes long roofs are gaining preference due to room. Many have 4 participants enjoying the experience. I'm looking to redo susspension on 89 to participate in Autocross contest (wouldn't that be something to achieve?) Engine mods will wait until the emissions regs expire in two years...then LS or BB Olds (easy) or BB Buick (harder)
Beginning by cleaning up interior, sound system, and instrumentation. Looking for advice on suspension, engine and other mods. I think rear A/C may be a good addition since we go from Detroit to Dallas next year! That can be some HOT country in June!
Back to top Go down

Hotrod power tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotrod power tour   Hotrod power tour Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Welcome to the group GS.Rear AC was just being discussed here about a month ago so stick
around as in this heat it makes a lot of sense.The way our weather is getting hotter each year
its probably a good idea to investigate rear air sooner than later.
IMHO
Jim
Back to top Go down
68GS400

68GS400

Hotrod power tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotrod power tour   Hotrod power tour Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Flash - that was a good hint! I have a HRPT friend who has used conversion van A/C's in a 65 Imp and 65 Chevelle - good source for part. Similar to comment on this site, I figured I'd eliminate the rear storage, install box, and duct up and out. I also intend to limo int the back windows to minimize heat build.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hotrod power tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotrod power tour   Hotrod power tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hotrod power tour
Page 1 of 1