GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why use one coil when you can have 8

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stemmler

Stemmler

Why use one coil when you can have 8 Empty
PostSubject: Why use one coil when you can have 8   Why use one coil when you can have 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 4:01 pm

I decided instead of replacing my opti, plugs, and wires I would upgrade to the LTCC system, new plugs, wires and LS1 coils.

I was going to put the LTCC unit over the PCM but since I removed the cruise control unit It looked like the perfect spot.

A few small bolts and rubber grommets and it's securely mounted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The cables are long enough to run neatly under the washer fluid reservoir. A little wire loom should clean it up a bit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The rest of the install will be done this weekend along with installing Gen 2 Tri Y headers. In a mad rush to finish a lot of small things before Carlisle. Car is in the shop for front control arm bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, a broken front spring and spintech mufflers.

I'm heading out now to a Dell Storage Forum in Orlando and will be back on Friday to pick up the car then drop it off at my friends where the headers, cat delete, and LTCC are being done. Then I get 1.5 weeks to test it and make sure it's good for the drive to the GM Nationals.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Why use one coil when you can have 8   Why use one coil when you can have 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Why would you get rid of cruise?
Back to top Go down
Stemmler

Stemmler

PostSubject: Re: Why use one coil when you can have 8   Why use one coil when you can have 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:37 pm

I never use it so I decided not to get it working after the t56 swap. I just realized the box could come out the other week.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Why use one coil when you can have 8   Why use one coil when you can have 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:56 pm

cruise will work just fine with a t56,..

nick
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Why use one coil when you can have 8   Why use one coil when you can have 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:14 pm

Yep, no mods needed. However, don't shift gears with the cruise on unless you have the clutch switch cut out hooked up. That LT1 bumps the rev limiter real fast.
Back to top Go down
Stemmler

Stemmler

PostSubject: Re: Why use one coil when you can have 8   Why use one coil when you can have 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:17 am

I didn't know it would work with no mods. I read the directions for the clutch cut out and thouht it needed it to work. Either way I don't use cruise control in any of my cars so it will stay out, at least for now.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Why use one coil when you can have 8   Why use one coil when you can have 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:12 am

i got rid of cruise in my wagon also. wanted to clean up the fenderwell. but the unit lives on in tims wagon
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why use one coil when you can have 8   Why use one coil when you can have 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why use one coil when you can have 8
Page 1 of 1