GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Empty
PostSubject: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:18 am

Not any real issues, just leery of failure with 190k on the pump. Starts a little slow from time to time. Put a stock Airtex #E3270 in. Bought a wiring harness and new screen of course.

Put in all in, rust proofed the underside and straps while it was out, re-installed tank and NOTHING!!!!! Did not run!! Of course I expected this, Murphy follows me around when I work on my car. Pulled it back down, fortunately I was on a lift and was given a transmission jack by a fellow member, thanks!! Old pump ran fine with old harness. Put old harness on new pump and it was fine. Re-installed and she started right up. So thanks to a bad $6 harness I had to do the job twice!!! ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Seems to have a little more get up, but that happens every time I wax the car too..... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:29 am

What did you do different the second time Tim? Your wagon is starting to like the way you
take such good care of her so she threw you a curvre of sorts.Oh and its a HOT ROD
whether you want to admit it or not Tim.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:37 am

Did you figure out exactly what failed? There are only three wires in that tank, and I'll spot you a hint - the purple wire goes to the sender so it doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:48 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
So thanks to a bad $6 harness I had to do the job twice!!! ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!

The new harness did not work!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:09 am

Sorry,missed that Tim.Rough nite so not yet at a 100% yet.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:18 am

How much was the pump? Just want a number in my head for when it finally happens to me.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:06 am

Rock auto has it for $45 ish. Autozone matched the price. The Walbro 255 is the preferred pump. If my car was a hot hod that is the one I would use!!!! Along with a new complete harness from Racetronix.......
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Wow is that cheap! The replacement on my 97 S-10 was over $200.

Good to know!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Where was the pump made? The last 2 delco parts I bought from rock auto (accumulator and FP for my Riv) bragged about being made in CHINA.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Mike, specrta has the whole sending unit and pump for $125 at Rock auto. Not sure where it was made.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Mike, specrta has the whole sending unit and pump for $125 at Rock auto. Not sure where it was made.

The Spectra unit does NOT include the pump.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SPECTRA PREMIUM Part # SP127B1H Includes Fuel Pump, Sender, Float and Strainer
Wagon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:59 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SPECTRA PREMIUM Part # SP127B1H Includes Fuel Pump, Sender, Float and Strainer
Wagon

Thats the same exact part # I bought when I did my sending unit and pump in March, it does not include a pump, its an error.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........   Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replaced a fuel pump yesterday........
Page 1 of 1