GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone ever install a Sirius unit in their wagon?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

Location : Wandering aimlessly about Daytona Beach, FL, or in the Hospital

Anyone ever install a Sirius unit in their wagon? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone ever install a Sirius unit in their wagon?   Anyone ever install a Sirius unit in their wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi Gang
I am NOT a wiring person. Suspect With that said, what does it ential to install a Sirius unit into the radio to make it work? Or is this something I should let "a trained professional" install? Thanks!

Larry
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever install a Sirius unit in their wagon?   Anyone ever install a Sirius unit in their wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:31 pm

I have a Sirius VIZOR mounted to my windshield. It's got it's own FM transmitter built in and works very well. I ran the antenna to the back of the car and have it beside the roof rack on the driver's side. Pretty stealth. And I cut the cigarette lighter plug off and wired the power to the switched power for the radio right at the fuse box and hooked up the ground to a screw under the dash. Nice and easy, took about a half hour to install, and most of that was tucking the antenna wire up under the headliner and pillar plastics. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever install a Sirius unit in their wagon?   Anyone ever install a Sirius unit in their wagon? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:56 pm

I have installed it. I got a universal mount from Best Buy. Used some tin snips and have it anchored to the top inside of the ashtray so when its closed the sirius is sitting right in front of the ashtray. I also put a 1-to-3 lighter adapter behind it to let me power gps & cell. I will try to take some pics and post in a day or 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever install a Sirius unit in their wagon?   Anyone ever install a Sirius unit in their wagon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever install a Sirius unit in their wagon?
Page 1 of 1