GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"

Go down 
+5
toomanytoyz
Cadet57
BigBlackBeaSSt
Krzdimond
Bewber
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Empty
PostSubject: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:39 pm

I hate it when I feel like something I'm in the middle of doing is about to be SHUT DOWN, but I love it when that "game over" feeling comes right back to "game ON!"

It happened twice this weekend too. For those out of the loop, Crovo and I live about 12-13 hours apart, so we met up at wagonfest this year to hang out for the weekend and throw some flames onto his truck, ahem, "real quick". Rolling Eyes Since we were ballin on a budget, we rented a site and shared a tent at Brokeback State Park, just before Mac's drive in and did most of the prep work there.

Anyway, we'd been busting our butt's on his truck and were within minutes of spraying it when a guy from the campground came over on a riding mower and asks, "Are you guys gonna be painting that truck in HERE?" We were both thinking it was GAME OVER as we said, "Uhhhh, yea". His response = "Ok, cool. I'll wait till later to over here then so that I don't kick up any dirt into your paintjob." WOOT WOOT - Game back ON! That same guy told us 2 or 3 times later on how much he liked the flames.

The second time happened to me at the US border to get back into Michigan. It took over an hour of idling and creeping to FINALLY get to the friggin customs booth and I had the following exchange with the border patrol officer:

How long have you been in Canada?
A couple hours. I'm coming back from New York.
What were you doing in NY?
Camping for the weekend.
Roll down your back window. I can't see through your tint.
[rolled down the window]
Well now, what all do we have goin on in here? You're telling me you were camping, and I'm seeing toolboxes and an air compressor, some crates of I don't even know what, and rolls of tape. Care to explain?

This is where I thought it was GAME OVER and I was about to be pulled off to the side for a public rectal exam.

I go, "No real explaination needed. That's my airbrushing stuff. I was camping so that I could afford to attend a car show with friends, and as long as I was going to be in a campground and not a hotel, I brought that stuff so that I could paint some flames on a couple things while I was there. My tent, air mattress, and sleeping bag are all back there too."

He goes, "What did you paint?"

I flamed an S-10, a toilet seat, and a welding hood.

Still indicating like he didn't believe me, he asks, "Did all that in a weekend huh. Got any pictures you can show me?"

So I showed him the pics I had on my phone.

Then came the unexpected 180. He goes - Awe man, it looks like you do really nice work. Ya know, I just picked up an old 76 Chevy Van that I'm really thinking about doing it in the 70's style with a big mural on the back - you know, on the side near the back how they used to do. Is that something you could do?

I go, "Hell yea dude. I think it'd be a blast to do it like that, and I only live about an hour from here. Here's my card."

So he took my card, chuckled, handed me back my license and says, "Ok then, Doctor. Have a safe trip home, and I might be giving you a call when I'm ready."

I know he's never going to call, but holy smokes did it ever feel good to have the game back ON!

Anyway, it was just funny to go from feeling so hosed to being immediately back on track - and it happened twice in 2 days, so I thought I'd share.

Peace,
John
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Bewber wrote:
Since we were ballin on a budget, we rented a site and shared a tent at Brokeback State Park....Anyway, we'd been busting our butt's Anyway...... it was just funny to go from feeling so hosed to being immediately back on track - and it happened twice in 2 days, so I thought I'd share.

John

Really? Bustin' your butts at brokeback state park? Feeling hosed? AND it happened twice?

I'm not going to ask for fear of the answer......

Glad everything went well for you this weekend though.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Yes. That's what happened on our trip to WagonSausageFest.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:52 pm

John,

I still feel bad about the Hotel for you and your wife..... er... Bill....

Good to see you got home in one piece. Thanks for the toilet seat and flame-ology work. It is top knotch!!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:22 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
John,

I still feel bad about the Hotel for you and your wife..... er... Bill....

No no, you had it right. Wife, Manservant, etc... Shocked
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Cool story. Almost like I lived part of it. Smile

And when'd I get to be the bitch? lol

That's no way to talk about my brother!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:39 pm

I wouldn't beleive the "flaming on the camp grounds" if I hadn't seen the setup myself. Real car guys paint in the woods, not in a fancy paint booth LOL.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:40 pm

95BRMW wrote:
I wouldn't beleive the "flaming on the camp grounds" if I hadn't seen the setup myself. Real car guys paint in the woods, not in a fancy paint booth LOL.

Dust? PFFFFT! Thats just texture! Laughing
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Bewber wrote:

This is where I thought it was GAME OVER and I was about to be pulled off to the side for a public rectal exam.

ah I see you met Steve too then?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:27 pm

lmao, BEST THREAD EVAH!! My daughter is looking at me like why are you laughing at your computer.....

I go to make my wagonfest call in and get a couple of guys in the woods flamin' a truck....lol
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:53 pm

a1awind, hmmmmmm, like the tag.
When I hear it, I think of my 2nd home (I wish I could afford), Key West Fla.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 6:10 pm

I had my game over, back on moment this morning.

I went to change the oil in Dusty after her trip to Austin and back (about 3500 total). When driving back, my wife called from Orlando to say the whole back of the car was covered in oil, and the oil light was on. WTF? (I have had the oil adapter off the car 4 times now, and replaced the oil cooler lines, with the base model delete option (thanks Chris!)). She put a can of oil stop leak in it and sure enough, it stop (I never thought that stuff really worked but OK). So two weeks later I get in the car and the oil change light is on (last night).

When I jack the car up this morning and crawl under there the F-ing water pump is dripping on my forhead like Chinese water torture and the motor is cold! Oh great I did the water pump 65K ago.....

Finish up the oil change and see it seeping still from the same damn place, but since the stop leak went in it hasn't been leaving any marks on the driveway so I can live with it. I get a flashlight and it looks like the water is coming from one of the bolts that holds it on. I pop the hood and go topside and see one of the hoses is wet. Hmmmm,

I look further and it looks like the line from the pump to the heater core. I loosen, pull it off inspect 9c1 hose, no cracks, etc. put it back on and tighten it up. I blow into the resivor and here air escaping the system....

Call my boy out and tell him to pinpoint when I pressurize. It's the top hose that goes bottom of rad to pump. tighten it up and no more leaky GAME ON!!!! WOOOOOOO.

198,929 on the clock as of this afternoon. I love this car. (needs a makeover though Sad )
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 7:21 pm

oldscruiser wrote:
a1awind, hmmmmmm, like the tag.
When I hear it, I think of my 2nd home (I wish I could afford), Key West Fla.

it means a lot, its where my heart lies.
A1A... from when i used to drive my jeep up along the beach on the weekends when i lived with my dad in pompano beach
wind...well, self explanitory.

its also a combination of my two favorite Jimmy Buffett albums.
yeah if i were to start a gang i would recruit sprocket and flash gumby first! we a re the resident beach bums. Except i live in Pittsburgh....so im trying to live vicariously through them.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 am

a1awind wrote:
so im trying to live vicariously through them.

I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Lat001
image should update every hour....End of Palmetto Park Road in Boca

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Beautiful picture John!All I have on our beach here on the York river is smoke from that damn
Dismal swamp.
JG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"   I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I love going from "game over" back to "game ON!"
Page 1 of 1