GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How wigglely should a knock sensor be?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

How wigglely should a knock sensor be? Empty
PostSubject: How wigglely should a knock sensor be?   How wigglely should a knock sensor be? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:32 pm

So in the midst the oil cooler action, My SES popped on with code 43 knock sensor. The LT1 has two and one is right above the cooler lines I was working on. It came on after the first try, and has pretty much stayed on.....until this eve.

I checked the two of them and the passenger side one was fairly tight, but spins. the driver's side spins and wiggles and genereally feels fairly loose in there. After fiddling with it earlier the SES light has gone out and the PCM is not retarding the timing anymore so she's running good.

I'm guessing I should swap that one out prior to my lovely wife driving it out to Mike's neighborhood in TX at the end of the week.
Thoughts/comments/etc.

BTW Mike will have a heart attack when/if he's see's Dusty. The clear coat on the hood is in full peel, not to mention numerous dings, scrapes, collapsed spare tire wells from joy rididng previous owners....no sail panels, I could go on.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: How wigglely should a knock sensor be?   How wigglely should a knock sensor be? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Sprocket wrote:
So in the midst the oil cooler action, My SES popped on with code 43 knock sensor. The LT1 has two and one is right above the cooler lines I was working on. It came on after the first try, and has pretty much stayed on.....until this eve.

I checked the two of them and the passenger side one was fairly tight, but spins. the driver's side spins and wiggles and genereally feels fairly loose in there. After fiddling with it earlier the SES light has gone out and the PCM is not retarding the timing anymore so she's running good.

I'm guessing I should swap that one out prior to my lovely wife driving it out to Mike's neighborhood in TX at the end of the week.
Thoughts/comments/etc.

BTW Mike will have a heart attack when/if he's see's Dusty. The clear coat on the hood is in full peel, not to mention numerous dings, scrapes, collapsed spare tire wells from joy rididng previous owners....no sail panels, I could go on.

go on,...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How wigglely should a knock sensor be?   How wigglely should a knock sensor be? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:14 pm

John if Mike see,s your wagon I guarantee it will be cleaner when you get it back home than
when she left you.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: How wigglely should a knock sensor be?   How wigglely should a knock sensor be? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Would like to help, but I'm not on an LT1

On TBI and TBI, I did not have any "wiggle" nor would I understand the purpose of a Knock sensor that does wiggle. It would seem counterproductive.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: How wigglely should a knock sensor be?   How wigglely should a knock sensor be? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 7:30 pm

well when the Mrs arrives home I'll find out if the SES light went back on. I drove about 10 miles last night and it ran great with no light.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How wigglely should a knock sensor be?   How wigglely should a knock sensor be? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How wigglely should a knock sensor be?
Page 1 of 1