GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon

Go down 
+5
brokecello
buickestate
silverfox103
Sprocket
ChevyChugg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ChevyChugg

New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Empty
PostSubject: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Just picked up some vintage (60's-70's??) Buick (Lesabre??) Wheel Covers from Hubcapkindgom (.com) Put them on tonight, and I just can't stop looking at the car now, I can't believe the difference it makes in the look! I am really starting to get excited about doing some work on the wagon soon. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics!

New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Newcaps
New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Newcaps2

Now I just need one more cap, so if anyone comes across one, or knows of a good place to buy vintage caps, please let me know! Next project is installing aftermarket black rubber strip, painting the flaking C-Pillars, Replacing the front bumper, and possibly a rewood (with Contact Paper, just to see if I like it, so not permanent!) Thanks for looking, it's been a while since I've posted.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:04 pm

those look nice. welcome back, and don't get too crazy with the contact paper
New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon COLOURlovers.com-70s_Contact_Paper
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi Dave

Still not going to be able to go to WagonFest? Your car is looking sharp.

Tom
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Nice look chris, I used a set of them myself for a long time. I've only ever lost one, in heavy traffic in Montreal I'm sure the guy in the honda civi behind me wasn't too pleased to dicover it when he got home... I seen it rolling upright and cut into his lower front valance and into his lower rad.... took me a while to find a replacement, nice score!
New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Ralleycaps
New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Ralleycaps

New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon 375630_4_full
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:13 pm

Never seen those caps before...look pretty slick Smile I hope this gets you going on the wagon again...it does look nice from the pics! Wish you could come to WagonFest as I would love to see you again!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:33 pm

thanks for the kind words, unfortunately not going to make it to WF, but I will see you in Oct, right Chris?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:26 am

Nice! I think those are some of my favorite wheels, even in wheel cover form they look cool!

And technically, if tires are shoes, shouldn't wheels/covers be socks? geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:13 am

ChevyChugg wrote:
thanks for the kind words, unfortunately not going to make it to WF, but I will see you in Oct, right Chris?

Yeah! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:07 am

Sweet! They look just like the vintage Buick wheels... in fact I was about to chime in and say "those aren't hubcaps!".

Anyway, nice score!
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Those look great! Are they on the website you provided? (I can't find them Sad )
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:57 pm

No, you have to call them, and they only had the 3 that I got, the next one they get is mine!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:06 pm

Who knew those came as frikken hubcaps???? Too cool! Very Happy

Lookin good, Dave! Drop everything and come to the Fest. We're busy in October. Smile
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:41 pm

me too...the reason I'll see Chris is that he is playing Cello at my brother in law's wedding in SC. Wagon, nor I will be coming to WF, no money, and no vacation time.
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Pat, in your opinion when side by side, do these look enough like the actual rims to use one real rim with the three caps? I might be able to get a good deal on one rally wheel, just can't find anymore hubcaps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon   New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Shoes (or Sandals) on the wagon
Page 1 of 1