GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My wifes Heirloom

Go down 
+9
81X11
BigBlackBeaSSt
94X2
Cadet57
DBeaSSt
200OZ
silverfox103
phantom 309
lornejay1
13 posters
AuthorMessage
lornejay1

lornejay1

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:24 pm

My Father in Law has some old cars that he has decided to pass on to his children.

Jacqueline (Marge) is number 6 in order of the 10 kids and he gave the cars out in order of the dates he purchased them.

So the 69 Mercedes is the one she got,

My wifes Heirloom Wagonwheels089

My wifes Heirloom Wagonwheels090

My wifes Heirloom Wagonwheels091

My wifes Heirloom Wagonwheels092

My wifes Heirloom Wagonwheels094

My wifes Heirloom Wagonwheels093

My wifes Heirloom Wagonwheels098

Not prestine by any means,but solid. I will take good care of it and make it a lot better over time and keep it around for our gang to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Das Benz,.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:02 pm

Lorne, if your father-in-law has more cars than children, I am available for immediate adoption (at no cost) to help solve the problem.

Tom
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:21 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Lorne, if your father-in-law has more cars than children, I am available for immediate adoption (at no cost) to help solve the problem.

Tom

Me too!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Never been a big Mercedes fan. But that is one pretty car with classic looks. I hope she (and you) enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Cadet57

Cadet57

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 pm

200OZ wrote:
silverfox103 wrote:

Tom

Me too!

Me three! Remember Lorne, I can embalm! Laughing
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Brings back memories. My first car was a 69 280S. Mine was white with blue interior and had a floor shift. My grandfather had always said he was going to own a Mercedes if it was the last car he ever owned. This turned out to be true. In 1979 my grandmother bought a new car and since I had just got my license and a job, she gave me the Mercedes. Unfortunately, it had a LOT of rust issues and I only had it a couple years.

Tell Marge I like her car!

Jon
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:41 pm

It needs an LT1.... Wink
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Looks like the sedan version of the car from The Hangover.

Look out for Leslie Chang. Smile

Neat toy!
Back to top Go down

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Always liked the interiors of those old Mercedes especially the pivoting headrest.Kinda slow when
accelerating but a great cruiser.
Jim G
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Mercedes really didn't like changing things back then. The interior and gauges are almost identical to my 85 300D. Mine had a center consul and floor shifter, but everything else looks the same. Looks like they even used the same air cleaner.

Good looking car. Tell Marge to keep it and not to let you do any "mods". By the way, a Mercedes that old that looks that good up here in the rust belt could well be considered perfect. You ain't going to find one better.

Bill
Back to top Go down
aollostme

aollostme

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Very nice car. Don't touch a thing on it!! LOL Have fun turnin heads.
Back to top Go down

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:25 pm

I use to maintain one for an owner way back in the 70s.Built like a tank,had 4 wheel disc brakes
and front and rear sway bars.This was a 67 280 I believe and it was a smooth driving car.
Lorne flush the brake fluid because Mercs from that era had a terrible caliper corrosion problem
due to our brake fluid being different.Beautiful wood interior in his as I remmember.The reason
I remember so much is he had a daughter my age that was stunningly beautiful and I could
never forget her.
JG
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:23 pm

I gotta say, that's pretty damn cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:42 pm

nice ride! Buddy in high school drove one that was his Dad's hadf over 200k on it then, which is unheard of from those times....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My wifes Heirloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wifes Heirloom    My wifes Heirloom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My wifes Heirloom
Page 1 of 1