GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Had a mini mod day yesterday

Go down 
+5
buickestate
DBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
SkateFink
ChevyChugg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ChevyChugg

Had a mini mod day yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:36 pm

So I was bored yesterday and decided I was going to some work to the WB4. First of all, I try to apply some contact paper woodgrain to see how she looked. That was a big bag of FAIL. I tried dry and wet application, and all I got was fender full of bubbles, creases and just general crappiness. There is no way I'm paying a vinyl shop to do it, so WB4 she stays.

Just did some touched up, replaced all of the rubber side trim with aftermarket stuff from Sportwing.com. looks good, goes on easy, and MUCH lighter than the factory stuff, so hopefully it won't fall off and sag. I painted the C-Pillars Body color as I had a failed attempt at blacking them out. I also blacked out the grille. Does anyone notice my other Mod? Hint: I changed something specific to RMW's.

Would also like some advice: Wide whites with the Rallys, or narrow whites?

Had a mini mod day yesterday Wagon2-2
Had a mini mod day yesterday Wagon
Back to top Go down
SkateFink

SkateFink

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:44 pm

I'm kinda' partial to wide whites but what do I know??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/weirdtrip
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Lookin' good, Dave! Removed the roof rack bars and semi-shaved the hood ornament, too? Smile

Looks like it was a WB4 workin' weekend! Very Happy

Edit: And I vote for the wide whites, too!
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:49 pm

Yes bill, I did use a 91-95 Park Ave C-Pillar Emblem to to "semi-shave" the hood ornament, and I put on a 91-3 chrome roof rack crossbar when I got the car, but the new mod I did, although very subtle, I think makes a difference and makes the car look lower. (What color is your rocker panel trim?)
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:53 pm

I think mine is black. Did you paint yours LAB?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:25 am

The lower rocker trim on the Roady's is black from the factory. Caprices got chrome down there. I guess GM figured the Roady's already had enough. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:12 am

DBeaSSt wrote:
The lower rocker trim on the Roady's is black from the factory. Caprices got chrome down there. I guess GM figured the Roady's already had enough. Laughing

The RMS had the factory body coloured rocker trim.

I would try the wood grain applicatioin again, it takes practice and patience
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:15 am

Wide Whites... and WB4 FTW!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:58 pm

WIDE whites Smile And you stripped your black RMW rocker trim. This wagon is shaping up nice!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:46 pm

actually I painted the rocker trim body color, like the RMS. I think when it's black it makes the eye think the car sits higher than it does. Still not sure about the wide whites, I might just clean up the narrow ones real good and see how that looks, and of course I still need one more cap. Car might be getting lowered this week. Very Happy

Also, what do you guys think of a 5/8 or 3/4 inch chrome strip running the length of the car and on the tailgate, similarly positioned to the woody trim. I have faded painted pinstripes all over the car, and clearcoat lift all along the pinstripe, and some chrome will cover that up nicely. I'm thinking late 70's trim with the ventiports on the front fenders.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 2:13 pm

I stripped the rubber crap off my lower rocker trim on my Buick wagon and polished it to look like so..............hard to see because it reflect the ground and it looks dark but they are polished.

Had a mini mod day yesterday HPIM2828
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Looking good.

I vote for no whites.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:43 pm

I'm not sure but I think that I have five of them caps, if not I know that I will find more at some of the upcomming swap meets this summer
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:26 am

Pat, I will pay good (well average) money for one, pm me if you like!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had a mini mod day yesterday   Had a mini mod day yesterday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Had a mini mod day yesterday
Page 1 of 1