GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....   Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Guys,

I want to apologize for not getting out the things that I know I owe you.

1. Jarrod, I'll be sending out your long lost shirts very soon.
2. WF11 stickers - also going to be sent out very soon.
3. Stingroo - your clock will be done soon.

I don't have any excuses, but things have been chaos here since the fest - and I just haven't had the free time that I thought I would, not even late at night.

Basically, preperations around here for the back to the bricks show was much more involved than I anticipated, and my wife's grandmother has been very ill for months. My mother-in-law pretty much runs our business, and with her attention being diverted to caring for her mom, I've been working there quite a bit more than usual. Recently, grandma was feeling well enough to travel the 3.5 hours north to stay for awhile in her own home that she'd been sorely missing (still with 24hr care) and within 2 days, she went into congestive heart failure and had to be admitted to the hospital up there. It's a friggin mess. Instead of her being HERE with the medical team that's been seeing her for the past 6 months, she's around a new team that doesn't get how fragile her health balancing act has been - and they haven't been doing her any favors - like putting an 80yo woman with no immune system through a heart cath surgery to verify the heart disease that was already diagnosed here - then telling her that if she didn't allow them to treat it with open heart surgery that she had less than a 50% chance of surviving, her insurance wouldn't cover any of her stay. This has my MIL living up there - 3 hours away and stressed to the max , which has my wife stressed such that I know she appreciates my being around her in the evenings instead of being AWOL in the garage or basement.

During the days, with my MIL out of town, I've got all 4 kids more than usual - so even on the days when I'm not working the store or making deliveries, I'm busy with the kids - who keep getting hungry over and over and OVER again - until football practice everynight that eats up from at least 5-8, not counting pre/post practice meals.

Aside from this stuff, I've also been dealing with the legwork to get back into nursing school. Chasing down transcripts at other schools, meeting with advisors, testing out of college algebra that I hadn't even looked at since 1994, coming back 2nd, 3rd, 4th times to places that each require at least an hour wait, etc.

Aside from that stuff has also been some other time-intensive legal business that has demanded my immediate attention.

SO - the good news is that I'm over the time intensive part of the legal matter (I think), I'm done with trying to get back into nursing school, and it looks like they may transfer Grandma by ambulance back to Flint within the next couple days.

Points being - I realize I'm seriously delinquent in delivering the goods to you all, I apologize, I want you to know that I have most definitely NOT forgotten you, I wanted to let you know where my time has escaped to and thank you for your patience and understanding, and to lastly reassure you that I WILL come through for you guys, and soon.

Peace - and prayers for grandma if ya gottem,

John
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....   Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:10 pm

I had no worries,,..... and prayers to G-ma.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....   Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Yikes. I hope everything ends well up there.

No worries, man.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....   Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:27 pm

John,

We will be praying for her. All that WF stuff does not matter. Family is first.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....   Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys..... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:34 pm

Well it looks like Grandma has 2 serious blockages, and each blockage has an anurism for a neighbor. She's elected to have 2 stints put in on Monday morning, and her odds aren't great. From what I understand, it's like 50-50 or less that she'll make it through.

She's of sound mind and is at peace with her decision, so everyone is respectful of that and is trying to spend a little time quality time with her before then. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. They are appreciated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....   Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys..... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Did grandma make it out alright? I sure hope so.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....   Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys..... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 10:34 am

If Bewb's in Canada doing an engine thrash, I'm guessing Grammy is doing ok...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....   Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys..... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Although you owe me nothing,I hope your Grandma is holding her own.You are worth nothing to
anyone if you dont take care of yourself FIRST.I say this because I ignored my own health and
rest taking care of my mother.Take some time for yourself,even if its only 30 minutes and just
breath deeply and relax.
IMHO
JG
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....   Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys..... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:30 am

Thanks guys, but she actually wasn't doing ok when I left. She'd been doing great on Thursday, so they were going to release her on Friday - the day I was going to leave to go to Pat's. Thursday night she nose dived and her blood count went so low they were going to start transfusions, etc.

I was borderline on canceling the trip but Adria actually insisted - saying, "Grandma is just sick, not critical, and even if she does get critical, I'm not going up to see her until after the weekend anyway - so just go help Pat.

So I went to Pats LATE on Friday night, and by the time I got home yesterday, Grandma was dismissed and had made the trip back here to Flint-ish.

So hopefully she can continue to recover nicely, but even if she needs to go back in - at least she's no longer 3 hours away.

Thanks for the well wishes guys. I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....   Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys..... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:59 am

Good to know she's closer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....   Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updates on some stuff for me, and the stuff that I owe you guys.....
Page 1 of 1