GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just because you own a Corvette....

Go down 
+6
Bewber
phantom 309
Olds Weighty Eight
lakeffect
Cadet57
81X11
10 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Just because you own a Corvette.... Empty
PostSubject: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Haha what an idiot.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Priceless?

Well, maybe not. The repair bill will be interesting.

I'm sure his insurance company would like to see this video before they pay the claim.
Something about the policies being voided if racing is involved.

Last edited by lakeffect on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Good grief! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:58 pm

well the guy can afford a corvette,. more than most of you here,.

i,m sure all of you have driven a few C6 corvettes by now, and can handle them easily,.

and none of you have ever screwed up or made a mistake and wrecked a car either,.

poor bastard, how embarrasing for him,. and expensive too,.

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:59 pm

What a strange stance for you to take on someone else's mistake, Nick. Guess you aren't an asshole to everyone, just the members here?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:03 am

Stingroo wrote:
What a strange stance for you to take on someone else's mistake, Nick. Guess you aren't an asshole to everyone, just the members here?

Strange? not really,.and not all the members here,.if you're still butt hurt, then just you and space cadet at the moment i guess,.

you find 12 volts yet? changed the fuel pump?
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:18 am

Really guys? Still?

FWIW, I've seen Nick post his ass off trying to help TX Mike more than once in technical capacities - which is a LOT more than I can say for myself.

I also know that Nick isn't a stranger to damaging a car from driving it hard, and I've never heard him bitch about the consequences of his own actions. Poop happens. His fixes his stuff and does it again.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:54 am

I gotta agree with Nick here. It's easy to laugh at someone elses mistake. I'll admit I chuckled a bit myself but I shouldn't have. He goofed, we all do. Who knows, this guy might be an excellent bracket racer who just had a bad day. Or maybe he can't drive, dunno.

As Nick said, how embarrassing and expensive for that guy, I feel for him.
Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:02 am

Maybe it would have been faster without the weight of that missing headlight and body stuff.

Gentlemen lets not forget that when we speak evil it usually gets returned.

Forum Admin and Moderator folk have been known to give their members mandatory vacations and even ban them from forums when the line of civility gets crossed too far or too often.

A word to the wise my friends. Let's keep it friendly

Last edited by lakeffect on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:13 am

Hm, that doesn't really seem to be the case, in my experience - if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:21 am

phantom 309 wrote:
if you're still butt hurt, then just you and space cadet at the moment i guess,.

Hey all right! I've been promoted! Then again, its from a trolling Canadian. Not sure if that means much. (Not that i'd actually put much stock in something you say anyways.)

phantom 309 wrote:
Strange? not really,.and not all the members here,.

Good to see that you admit to purposely treating specific members poorly. Maybe you should go brush up on the rules, specifically rules 1,3,4, and 12

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t32-general-rules-of-the-forum
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:41 am

For those who've never taken the time to look them up, now might be a good opportunity to either read for the first time or refresh.

I. To post or transmit hate speech, harassing content, threats of violence against another member written in a serious manner or joking with a hint of innuendo will lead from a 24 hour suspension or immediate suspension off the web site at the Administrators discretion.

III. No pissing matches. Its fine to disagree, but once a thread has run its course, and degenerated into little more than an insult fest, it will be locked. While this will require a judgment call by the Administrators & Moderators. The members of this site can keep our moderating to a minimum by exercising a little discretion and self- control. Excessive profanity will lead to a 24 hour suspension at the Administrations discretion.

IV. Pure trolling, either to upset someone or simply for your personal enjoyment, is strictly prohibited. If you're here to cause trouble, it will be a very short stay. Immediate BAN and you will be reported to your ISP.

XII. If you are a long time member, act like one. Lead by example and assist other newer members rather then attacking them. We look upon our veteran members to use this opportunity to teach the newer members the appropriate message board usage.

Like I said, a word to the wise folks. let's keep it friendly.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:27 am

awjeez, the halo's are getting tighter,.
lots of moderators for such a small forum,.can i be one too?

Does anybody ever notice that space cadet always jumps in on someone else's thread, and opens his mouth to make derogatory comments towards me when he is not one of the principals in the the thread?

Is there any rule to stop that?

If i bust someones balls for fun,. do they really need space cadet to defend them?,. or can it be noticed that it's just an opportunity for him to get rude and nasty as always towards me,
where's the moderation then?.
I make it a point not to say anything to space cadet as i truly detest him,and i try not to post directly after him on a thread,.. i wish he would observe the same protocol,and refrain from catty, bitchy type remarks,guaranteed to degenerate things into said pissing match,..

Nick

Last edited by phantom 309 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:30 am

Rules are for pussies. Real men think of them as suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:41 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
awjeez, the halo's are getting tighter,.
lots of moderators for such a small forum,.can i be one too?

Does anybody ever notice that space cadet always jumps in on someone else's thread, and opens his mouth to make derogatory comments towards me when he is not one of the principals in the the thread?

Is there any rule to stop that?

If i bust someones balls for fun,. do they really need space cadet to defend them?,. or can it be noticed that it's just an opportunity for him to get rude and nasty as always towards me,
where's the moderation then?.
I make it a point not to say anything to space cadet as i truly detest him,and i try not to post directly after him on a thread,.. i wish he would observe the same protocol,and refrain from catty, bitchy type remarks,guaranteed to degenerate things into said pissing match,..

Nick

Translation:

My name is Nick and I have a sore birthing canal because someone got tired of my trolling and called me out on it. But its ok, i'll just continue to be a useless troll and flaunt the rules because no one lifts a finger to stop me.

Found you at your computer:

Just because you own a Corvette.... Crybaby

And now I'm going to do what you do, edit my post to add more dribble (except, I can actually post with the coherence of an adult, unlike you who has the posting style of a 9 year old with dyslexia.)

I find it VERY amusing you feel like I slighted you when you did nothing to me but troll, including derailing a thread of mine to attack my sexual orientation. But it was my fault huh? Or how about the time I was looking for part numbers and you chimed in to do nothing but instigate a flame war. Was that me being rude then? Clearly you either have some sort of mental imbalance or you're just stupid and delusional as YOU are the one that starts **** here. YOU are the one that treats others like ****. YOU are the one that if you disappeared into internet oblivion this place would be leaps and bounds better. I only wish some of the mods stopped with the "Its just Nick being Nick" tag line because frankly its tiring to see you get a free rein here like a spoiled child who will cry, pout and spit up his lunch if he doesn't get his way.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Justin, your posting is out of line.

Dave tried to give you a gentle hint which you apparently didn't take so I'll make it a bit more clear. You've all been warned about the posts with no reason other than to provoke the other person. Stop them, now. There will be no further warnings, the next person to post one gets a vacation from the forum.

Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:41 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Justin, your posting is out of line.

Dave tried to give you a gentle hint which you apparently didn't take so I'll make it a bit more clear. You've all been warned about the posts with no reason other than to provoke the other person. Stop them, now. There will be no further warnings, the next person to post one gets a vacation from the forum.

Don't worry about it. I'm outta here.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:53 pm

LMFAO,.... I say next wagon fest we have a boxing ring. This is good reading and I forgot to make popcorn. And yes people do make mistakes.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Might as well make the following change to rule IV.

IVa. Pure trolling, either to upset someone or simply for your personal enjoyment, is strictly prohibited. If you're here to cause trouble, it will be a very short stay. Immediate BAN and you will be reported to your ISP.

IVb Busting someones balls for fun. Don't do it. Get your jollies off some where else that still accepts you as a member and hasn't thrown you off yet.

While Admin is making consideration of this thread, and what do do about people who just don't get it, I'll point out that penalty of a 24 hour ban from posting is not particularly instilling fear or remorse into anyone around here.

If we want to call it a "VACATION" make it a week.

24 hours is more like calling in sick, but still spreading your germs around.

***Roady- man gets the next Wagonfest popcorn concession for coming up with the boxing ring idea.***
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:27 pm

lakeffect wrote:

IVb Busting someones balls for fun. Don't do it. Get your jollies off some where else that still accepts you as a member and hasn't thrown you off yet.

depending on the time of day and circumstances outside the internet, someone somewhere always will have an irritated mangina,.

Just because you own a Corvette.... Smileyvault-banned

Last edited by phantom 309 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Aw, Nick. You were looking like the winner of this fight. Really. Those other guys were jumping on you for reasons that had nothing to do with this thread, and you were defending yourself with a minimum of personal attacks. You were in the right.

Then, when it was time to go to a neutral corner and wait, you started swinging at the referee. You know that every admin backs up his mods, even when they're wrong. You've put Mike in the position of either not backing up Lakeffect, or punishing you.

Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:25 pm

really?
well thanks nick,.
post edited,
no evidence = no crime,.

Nick

i still can't afford a corvette,.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:30 pm

I can't afford a Corvette either.

A little peace around here between forum members shouldn't be that hard to accomplish, and Admin wouldn't need to consider to dole out punishment. If people policed their own words, like rule 14, they wouldn't be putting others in a position where the have to.

An instigator is just as guilty as the guy who fights back. So how about everybody man up, call a truce, and just chill. We don't have to all be friends, but there is no reason to intentionally create enemies.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:36 pm

My sexual orientation is such that I'm attracted to thick, busty, red headed women. For the sake of the team and the betterment of this forum, I'm willing to become the target of everyone's hostility, and will accept your redirected abuse in the form of you posting pics of all kinds of that flavor of woman. Trust me, it'll be torture - but I'm THAT committed to everyone getting along.

Your welcome,
John
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Bewber wrote:
My sexual orientation is such that I'm attracted to thick, busty, red headed women. For the sake of the team and the betterment of this forum, I'm willing to become the target of everyone's hostility, and will accept your redirected abuse in the form of you posting pics of all kinds of that flavor of woman. Trust me, it'll be torture - but I'm THAT committed to everyone getting along.

Your welcome,
John

Just because you own a Corvette.... 012-1
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:05 pm

Hubba Hubba! I'm in lubba!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:18 pm

Bewber wrote:
My sexual orientation is such that I'm attracted to thick, busty, red headed women John
Just because you own a Corvette.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREzHVmW_4V6q1YAf6-EwfX3eDPx-IsdCw3MWsSxZU9kThAR7B2Just because you own a Corvette.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxrorqxlXTQWtC9ek0YsVxB35wzKEQK6xgBeVVU7v_XeVDtiIaCQ
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:28 pm

I'm not seeing much bustyness going on there.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Bewber wrote:
I'm not seeing much bustyness going on there.
Just because you own a Corvette.... LargestPoliceBustinCanada
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:19 pm

See there! I bet you feel a little better already!

I know I do. Some places more than others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just because you own a Corvette....   Just because you own a Corvette.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just because you own a Corvette....
Page 1 of 1