GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!

Go down 
+7
phantom 309
Sprocket
toomanytoyz
JoeT
BigBlackBeaSSt
jayoldschool
buickestate
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Empty
PostSubject: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:04 pm

https://i.imgur.com/BZxtOQe.jpg

At a cruise in tonight. The guy claims the throttle got stuck. He lost the rear end, hit someone in oncoming traffic, and it pushed the car back to the right. It hit the curb so hard the nose went flying 3-4 feet in the air and it came down crashing right there. The lights are for the DJ booth. I was standing about 3 feet away from this.

Normally, there are cars parked all along those back spots. I'm still kinda shook up. Insane.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:13 pm

you seem to attract bad luck Ray......

go buy a lottery ticket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:19 pm

No kidding. 2013 is clearly NOT my year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Get your butt home and stay there! No
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Damn. Maybe ride your bike for a week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 pm

I ride my bike every day. Usually 10-15 miles per week. lol
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Start riding the bus!! Throttle got stuck my foot! He was likely goofing off and went to far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:15 pm

I don't think so. The car was SCREAMING at WOT the whole time, even while airborne. I don't think he would have kept his foot in it that long.
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm

Looks to me like you were VERY lucky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Yeah. The DJ and I both were like "Holy ****!"

He was super embarrassed because his expletive was broadcast over the PA system. I laughed and told him that the situation warranted it. Smile

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:59 am

Holy crap. What happened to the pedestrian he hit?

I'd say that it's good luck that you didn't get hit. If it was bad luck, you wouldn't be typing right now... Juss sayin. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 10:49 am

That's insane!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 11:57 am

He didn't hit any pedestrians. I heard somebody say he hit a guy on a moped/scooter/bike or something, but no one else seemed to confirm this, and I couldn't really see one in the street.

I hope he didn't.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:07 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:27 am

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:50 am

corvettes,. meh,...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:05 am

Good Lord! Glad you are ok!
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Was the driver of the Vette hurt? Did the cops say if he had been drinking, or do you still believe the throttle stuck? What a shame, I'm sure he put alot of time and money in his car, and it is surely toast now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:12 pm

He was okay. I don't think that he was drinking. The show was at a Krystal burger. So no alcohol should be around?

Who knows.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:51 pm

WOAH......glad you are ok! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:38 am

"Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette"

The thing is Ray, that "almost" doesn't get your name in the papers. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!   Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Almost got killed by a C3 Corvette!
Page 1 of 1