GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel

Go down 
+5
DBeaSSt
waynes91
Krzdimond
95BRMW
JoeT
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeT

JoeT

Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Empty
PostSubject: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:44 pm

The link to this article is included in Hagerty's monthly magazine (on the Historic Vehicle Association website).
A local mechanic (Ed Syrocki of Warren, Michigan) has been documenting the ill effects of ethanol on his customers' vehicles.
Now, he's giving seminars to share what he's learned.

This stuff is even WORSE than I realized!

Check it out: http://www.historicvehicle.org/Latest-News/Current-news/2011/08/24/Kernel-Knowledge-One-man-on-a-mission?utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=Client&utm_campaign=Hagerty%20News-September
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:31 pm

This stuff is worse than most think. I do small engine work on the side and never have I seen so many wrecked carburetors in the few years I have been doing this. Its gotten to the point where unless you put something like stabil in the gas, you need to rebuild these every spring!

I checked that pure-gas.org site, and unfortunately there is nothing near me with ethanol free gas.

Interestingly enough, there is a station not far from WF NY's location that sells ethanol free gas. Maybe we should have a cruise there next year and see how much better our wagons do on the pure stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 9:29 pm

I have been using the "marine" midgrade gas. it is nothing more than ethanol free gas. Ethanol is hazardous to marine life....

This is so popular that gas stations here are replacing ALL of the 89 octane gasahol with the marine gas, and they cannot keep it in the ground.
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:38 pm

this months super chevy mag.has a write up in it about e85
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:54 pm

When not IF, the mix is increased to 20/80 and then 25/75 our cars will have to radically modified
or parked.Ethanol is another 1 of those myths that are being shoved down the motoring publics throat.A new way to force everyone to buy a modern car or WALK.Another damn lie
perpetuated by our government to make us believe its for our own good.
JG
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:58 am

Just recently one of our local filling stations has removed their Premium fuel and replaced it with a no ethanol regular. .06/gal more than the E10 in the other pumps. I've started filling my wagons with only that gas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:02 pm

good to read this,. and understand my slight stumble when i flatten the htrottle,.
i,ve always chased down sunoco 94 and it,s not nice to find out it contains 10% ethyl,.time to retune the car i guess,.
Is any one else real tired of bureaucrats shoving stuff down our throats all in the name of helping to make things better?

Better for who?,. it,s never me that seems to benefit,. just my pleasures and liberties in life getting eroded, while some one else gets richer at my expense,. i should've either been a politician or someone with a business with enough money to buy politicians,. everyone else just gets it in the hoop.
Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Its going to get a lot worse very soon.I have looked for real gas around here for quite a while.
I think it has to do with whether or not a lot of farming is going on in your area.Farm equipment wont run on the ethanol blend.Ironic isnt it the farmers are growing corn thats used in fuel and
they cant even use it!
JG
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:17 pm

It's the same kind of madness that has allowed high fructose corn syrup to become a staple of the American diet.

Don't get me started....
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Shell Premium around here is ETHANOL FREE! Not sure if this is the case in other states, but take a look and see. You must buy the 93 Octane V-Power, and thats all I buy.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:13 pm

I was pleased to learn from following the links, that where I've been buying most of my fuel locally only sells ethonal free fuels.

I've allways get better fuel economy with the local fuel than I do with fuel bought in the USA. Now I know why....
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:22 pm

I love pulling a rotted fuel filter out of lines because the ethanol ate them all and crapped them into the system. Razz

I've seen it eat up seals too.
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:25 pm

JoeT wrote:
It's the same kind of madness that has allowed high fructose corn syrup to become a staple of the American diet.

Don't get me started....

I'm with you man... the corn subsidies in America has to stop...
I can't even drink soda anymore. HFCS was killing me.
I was happy that Pepsi brought back sugar in their "Throwback" series of drinks though. It fills you up so much.
Corn belongs on cobs... not in my fuel and not in my soda... or as feed for the cattle I eat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback are AMAZING.

Mmmmm....
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 pm

Stingroo wrote:

Mmmmm....

as are Mexican and Jewish coke.
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:23 pm

95BRMW wrote:
Stingroo wrote:

Mmmmm....

as are Mexican and Jewish coke.

Place near me sells it for $1.50 (for glass bottles) it's delightful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel   Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting article re: Effects of ethanol in fuel
Page 1 of 1