GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Self service auto yards

Go down 
+2
Fred Kiehl
Wagoninabox
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

Self service auto yards Empty
PostSubject: Self service auto yards   Self service auto yards Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:13 pm

So while I was up in Seattle having the car worked on, I finally found a local yard that had a 93 RMW and it had my same tan interior. I took a few needed parts and the following weekend, stripped the exterior trim and some additional interior items. I went on vacation for a week and a half and came back this week and headed to the yard this morning to get more items that have come to mind...low and behold it is gone...they crushed it! Not even on the lot a month and crushed!

When a was younger piecing together my first car, I remember the yards holding on to cars until they were pretty bare then crushing them. The worker this morning said even if they had a Stutz Bearcat roll in, it has to be crushed within 90 days.

So sad. Our parts are getting harder to find daily!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Self service auto yards   Self service auto yards Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:07 am

The cars are usually in the yards 30 to 45 days here. When someone wants parts, and they delay paying for them, sometimes the car is gone, and they do not get the parts they want. It is a shame to see all the good parts go to the crusher, but I do not have the room to keep them. I see perfectly good engines, transmissons, rears, quarter panels, interior panels, steering columns, and many other perfectly good parts.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Self service auto yards   Self service auto yards Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:43 pm

I was in my favorite local U-pull yard and there were NO 91-96 B-cars at all. Very sad. There was a '77 Impala and an '85 Caprice woody wagon (those are real oddballs around here!) but that was it.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Self service auto yards   Self service auto yards Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Unfortunatly (or fortunate for the good of B-bodies) I don't see these too much in the yard I go to. In the last year I only saw 3 wagons there. Every now and then you get a sedan, but usually nothing good for parts that I need.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Self service auto yards   Self service auto yards Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:42 pm

the yard by me has a 96 SS but it has been stripped to the bone...its a body shell and an engine....no doors no windows not one thread of the interior...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Self service auto yards   Self service auto yards Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:07 am

In south florida it could be gone in a week or up to a month. Occasionally I have seen a single car disappear, but usually the whole row gets rotated out. I used to go every few weeks, but the new job has slowed that down as I've made it twice this year so far....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self service auto yards   Self service auto yards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Self service auto yards
Page 1 of 1