GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So Now What Broke....

Go down 
+6
1993 Roady-man
Sprocket
Fred Kiehl
200OZ
BigBlackBeaSSt
Cadet57
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Glad its fixed Justin.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Sprocket wrote:
just don't try unscrewing the t-stat bolts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can unscrew the ground bolt when the engine is cold, and it will not leak. I would clean up the ground anyway, just in case.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:33 pm

Congrats, glad to hear its back on the road.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:26 am

AAAAAAAAND its dead again. Rolling Eyes Shocked Sad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Went to grab a coffee this am, sitting at a light *bam* stalls out and can't restart it. Has spark, but no fuel.. So back to the fuel thing. WTF?!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:48 am

Great to hear!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:49 am

81X11 wrote:
Great to hear!

Did you miss the post where I said it's dead again? Laughing
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:06 am

Cadet57 wrote:
81X11 wrote:
Great to hear!

Did you miss the post where I said it's dead again? Laughing

Yes I did.....arrgghhh....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What a bummer.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Well, we may be back on the right track. Starting with the no fuel thing we checked the TB. We have fuel going IN to the TB but nothing comes out the injectors. Took the test lamp to the injector wires, injectors have power. So looks like bad TB or injectors maybe. Going to go to the JY tomorrow and hope one of the two 92 RMS's that were there last time still has a TB in it.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:52 pm

When are you going to clean the thermostat ground? Having a bad ground at the thermostat causes stalling, and poor running. It affects the computer, and the O2 sensor. Mine stalled continuously until I fixed the ground. Take the stud out, and clean the threaded hole, and the threads with a wire gun barrel brush, and some WD 40, PB Blaster or similar.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:43 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
When are you going to clean the thermostat ground? Having a bad ground at the thermostat causes stalling, and poor running. It affects the computer, and the O2 sensor. Mine stalled continuously until I fixed the ground. Take the stud out, and clean the threaded hole, and the threads with a wire gun barrel brush, and some WD 40, PB Blaster or similar.

Do... you read the threads or just post? Its NOT the ground. I cleaned and replaced the broken ground. Its NOT electrical. There is NO fuel coming out of the injectors. Good grief....
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:51 pm

Neighbor came over who is a fleet mechanic at the air force base in town, poked around thought it was the TPS based on all the symptoms, etc. So used a known good one from the TB I bought at the JY today, car started and ran, drove fine. Went out tonight to go get gas no fuel/no start.

HAS spark and power to the injectors, just no spray. Swapped ECU to a known good one no change so that can be ruled out too. Going to swap the injectors tomorrow and see if that changes anything. My neighbor (and 200OZ) also suggested getting a set of Noid Lights to attach to the injectors to test for signal.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:23 pm

FIXT cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Turns out it was a bad ignition control module. Come to find out, when it goes bad it will send a signal to the ECM cut fuel to the injectors and will also cause a no spark. So word to the wise TBI guys, if you ever have a no fuel or no spark. Check your ICM before you go drop the tank.

Handy site to test the ICM:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Now What Broke....   So Now What Broke.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Now What Broke....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2