GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roof Rack Re-paint?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Roof Rack Re-paint? Empty
PostSubject: Roof Rack Re-paint?   Roof Rack Re-paint? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:32 am

After being in the work parking lot over this long hot summer, the black paint on parts of my roof rack has started cracking. Can't have that. One of my next projects is sanding it down and re-shooting it over a weekend. Anyone done this? Crovo...the rattle can king? I'm thinking Satin Black....or Semi-Gloss.

I'm itching to get back into my car projects and hoping the weather cools down soon now.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack Re-paint?   Roof Rack Re-paint? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:27 pm

I've used my Porter Cable polisher on mine and it comes out looking almost as good as the paint on the car, just keep it waxed.

What about painting it body color like the tbi cars.

Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack Re-paint?   Roof Rack Re-paint? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:08 pm

It's cracking, or "checking", just behind the Vista window on the passenger side, above the door. Will have to sand that to bare, and the rest I can just scuff.

I've seen the older wagons with the rack in body color. I kinda like the black better on a light color car. Think it makes the car look lower to have it black...in body color the back part of the car looks really tall.

I also think my rattle-can skills are better using satin or semi-gloss.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack Re-paint?   Roof Rack Re-paint? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Like I have to say it...

Can't go wrong with satin black! Wink
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack Re-paint?   Roof Rack Re-paint? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:01 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Like I have to say it...

Can't go wrong with satin black! Wink

LOL
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack Re-paint?   Roof Rack Re-paint? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:16 am

That figures.... Ha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack Re-paint?   Roof Rack Re-paint? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roof Rack Re-paint?
Page 1 of 1