GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM Empty
PostSubject: Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM   Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:52 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM   Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:29 am

Thats about half of what I paid for my OCC fsm 7 years ago.Morning Tim ,I have a question thats
off topiic but here goes!I have the exact same headlights that you have on your wagon now.
Could you see any difference in the light output and what kind of pattern do you have?I am
using the newest sylvania bulbs for now,but may change to a HID system later if I see the need.
Get it,"see the need",thanks for any help and imput!
Jim
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM   Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:16 pm

The clear lights give you better output but still not on par with today's lighting systems. Trying to retrofit to keep up with technology is a challenge as best.

Currently I am running the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's. These work pretty well. I formerly had HID's in these. They did NOT work well in these housings. The focal point is not correct for the reflectors. You will have more light, but ALL the other drivers suffer. I removed mine. Mine were a cheap and early set and were not reliable either. Both factors as to why I removed.

I recently put my HD headlight wiring harness back on and it helped a bit as well. Working on some fog lights soon I hope. Just bought a set of projectors off ebay. We will see what kind of light these will put out.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM   Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:53 pm

Thanks and I am currently running the silverstar ultras now and they do make quite a difference.
Have to decide if I should put these new headlights in my OCC or the RMW.I planned on ebaying
the OCC when I got the RMW but just cant do it.They are not hurting anything sitting in the
driveway together and since I have no paymants and insurance runs me 45 bucks a month for
both of them,I think I am going to keep them until I find a nice WD black RMW.
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM   Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:40 pm

$45 a month? I'm incredibly jealous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM   Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Well Ray hopefully when you reach 56 there will still be a reason to drive so be careful and
check your damn lugnuts.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM   Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:45 pm

He also lives in a more rural setting than we do, different state, etc.

FL car insurance sux. I just got a quote on my boy for insurance. 1500 yr to put him in his own car. the car was 700 bucks sheeeesh.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM   Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Welcome to my word. Two driving and one will start in a couple of years.

My daughter is traveling for the entire year and if we drop the insurance on her car they will bump mine up because her permanent address is my home. No matter that she is 400 miles away and has no way to drive my or her car.

They gotcha!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM   Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:24 pm

Years ago from 1984 to 88 I was carrying full coverage on an 84 ford turbocoupe 5spd,74 L82
Vette,82 Honda CBX inline 6 cyl sporttourer and lastly an 82 honda XL 500 dual purpose bike.
My insurance for all of them was about 200 a month and that was full coverage on everything.
Back then that was a ton of money and I quickly sold the vette and the XL500 shortly after
my agent said they would not full coverage the bikes any longer due to everybody falling off their bikes which I never did.Those were the days I guess and gone forever!
Take Care
All
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM   Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:24 pm

Years ago from 1984 to 88 I was carrying full coverage on an 84 ford turbocoupe 5spd,74 L82
Vette,82 Honda CBX inline 6 cyl sporttourer and lastly an 82 honda XL 500 dual purpose bike.
My insurance for all of them was about 200 a month and that was full coverage on everything.
Back then that was a ton of money and I quickly sold the vette and the XL500 shortly after
my agent said they would not full coverage the bikes any longer due to everybody falling off their bikes which I never did.Those were the days I guess and gone forever!
Take Care
All
Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM   Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not mine, but a good deal on a set of FSM
Page 1 of 1