GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! Empty
PostSubject: Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat!   Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:23 am

Finally put big blue on the road again legally and took the Century out of daily use. A solid month of driving that cherry, but underwhelming Century wagon was enough convincing for me. Nice to feel that extra 1200 or so pounds of weight and experience that LT1 again after a long 4 weeks. Think I'll give her a good cleaning inside & out this weekend. Now to make someone the "deal of the Century" Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat!   Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:37 am

Now thats good to hear!Unload that FWD wagon and dont look back,Steve.Sure is good you
didnt sell the RMW before you bought the century!
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat!   Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:05 am

I really like my wife's 2001 Grand Prix but it ALWAYS feels better getting in my big strong Roady after driving the little GP for a while.

Welcome home! Don't blame you at all!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat!   Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Like it's said , ya never know what you've got untill it's gone. But, geez Mike, now ya got me thinking about the future of my upcoming Winter project, my rare-ish '98 Grand Prix GTP coupe. At least when it's finished it should have about 280 h.p. and do 14.40s in the 1/4 mile, which is a lot more fun than 15.50s in the Roadie.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat!   Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:00 pm

Steve Smith wrote:
Like it's said , ya never know what you've got untill it's gone. But, geez Mike, now ya got me thinking about the future of my upcoming Winter project, my rare-ish '98 Grand Prix GTP coupe. At least when it's finished it should have about 280 h.p. and do 14.40s in the 1/4 mile, which is a lot more fun than 15.50s in the Roadie.

Keep in mind I'm a big fat guy....I just fit better in the Roady. I love that Grand Prix, it's sharp as all get out and with 147K miles is still dead reliable (other than the crappy 3800 intake..on #2 now), but the leather seats are flat and hard and the I don't have the elbow room the Roady has....of course very few cars have the Roady's elbow room!

I still think these GP's looks awesome!

Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! CleanGP025

Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! CleanGP033

Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! CleanGP029

Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! CleanGP030

Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! CleanGP028

Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! CleanGP024

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat!   Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sure missed being at the helm of that big blue boat!
Page 1 of 1