GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HID Install Questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stockfornow

stockfornow

HID Install Questions Empty
PostSubject: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:17 pm

I am blaming this one on Crovo Wink After talking to him at WF09, I bought some Bi-xenon HID's to go in the stock buckets.

Looking over the package yesterday I came across some questions....

1. These are a plug and play unit, but I only see 1 connector in the kit to plug into my stock connectors. I take it I just leave the other one there and unconnected?

2. The end of the power cable came with a small metal ring. It looks to be too small to directly connect to the positive battery cable. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:45 pm

stockfornow wrote:
I am blaming this one on Crovo Wink After talking to him at WF09, I bought some Bi-xenon HID's to go in the stock buckets.

Looking over the package yesterday I came across some questions....

1. These are a plug and play unit, but I only see 1 connector in the kit to plug into my stock connectors. I take it I just leave the other one there and unconnected?

2. The end of the power cable came with a small metal ring. It looks to be too small to directly connect to the positive battery cable. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm speculating a bit as I've not seen the kit. But, typically, the plug goes in to "sense" when your lights are turned on, thus you only need the one plug.

The ring connector probably goes on your auxiliary battery post. But some connect directly to the battery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:35 am

DBeaSSt wrote:
....The ring connector probably goes on your auxiliary battery post. But some connect directly to the battery.

Where is this.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:44 am

stockfornow wrote:
DBeaSSt wrote:
....The ring connector probably goes on your auxiliary battery post. But some connect directly to the battery.

Where is this.... Embarassed

Here's a quick pic I could find of an LT1 underhood. If you look to the right of the relay center (underhood fuse box) you'll see a plastic cover. It snaps in place and under it is your auxiliary battery post. Wink

https://2img.net/h/i159.photobucket.com/albums/t136/dbeasst/96WWWLtd/roady7.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks Mike!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:14 am

How am I to blame?!?!?!?!!? Razz

LOL.

Anyways... If you have a battery with top posts too, then just get a terminal with a wingnut for a top post at Autozone for 3 bucks and connect the power to that. The wiring in the kit will most likely not be long enough to reach the ABP, so you'll have to extend it otherwise.

And yes. Just one plug for some styles. Smile
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:37 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

LOL.

Anyways... If you have a battery with top posts too, then just get a terminal with a wingnut for a top post at Autozone for 3 bucks and connect the power to that. The wiring in the kit will most likely not be long enough to reach the ABP, so you'll have to extend it otherwise.

It is a side post battery. And I just went out and looked at my car...still don't know exactly where the aux battery post is.

Is it connected to the fuse box with a lot of wires running out of it? I see a bolt with wires connected but no plastic cover....
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:53 pm

stockfornow wrote:

Is it connected to the fuse box with a lot of wires running out of it? I see a bolt with wires connected but no plastic cover....

Yup, that's it
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:54 am

I went to the hot post on the alternator. This kept it a little closer the front. Used a crimp eye and stacked it with the factory eye for power. Put the wire from the battery to the alternator and the power for the lights in some loom to clean it up. Turned out pretty nice if I do say so myself........

Tim
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:56 am

toomanytoyz wrote:

LOL.

Standard answer for all issues is........... IT'S BILLS FAULT!!!!! Works for me!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:27 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:

Standard answer for all issues is........... IT'S BILLS FAULT!!!!! Works for me!!!! Laughing

I get that a lot.... Sad

Suspect

scratch

jocolor
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:42 pm

Used the Aux battery post to get power. Worked the first time I fired them up! Will post some pics later.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HID Install Questions   HID Install Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HID Install Questions
Page 1 of 1