GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My yard is suddenly full

Go down 
+4
Sprocket
phantom 309
Cadet57
94X2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
94X2

94X2

My yard is suddenly full Empty
PostSubject: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:25 pm

Memorial day my friend and boss who was a B-body fanatic passed away. He was the one with the 517,000 mile Caprice wagon. It's now in my backyard. It's been wrecked and only good for parts. Still runs, though Shocked . I also have a 91 caprice sedan he had bought for parts. I also got a load of some body parts and other misc he had accumulated, including a set of Impala rims and tires. Today I got the best part - a running, 73k mile 92 Caprice wagon. He bought it a year before he died but hadn't ever done anything to it so it's been sitting a long time. It's filthy, the headliner is falling, and it has a dented right front fender but otherwise real good shape. Red with gray two-tone, gray interior. I drove it home 20 miles and it ran very well for somethig that's been sitting.

I also am storing a 68 long bed Custom Camper truck. 396, factory air and guages, really sharp. I don't know whether it will be sold or go to his dad in MI.

I will have some parts available so if anyone needs anything for a tbi Caprice please let me know. I know someone here was looking for a non defrost rear window, the wrecked car has one. Both parts cars have red interiors.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow, it got dark about the time I got home.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:30 pm

What color is the interior/exterior on the Caprices?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:31 pm

94X2 wrote:
M

I also am storing a 68 long bed Custom Camper truck. 396, factory air and guages, really sharp. I don't know whether it will be sold or go to his dad in MI.

Jon
I,d be interested in first refusal on that truck if it does come up for sale,.

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Sorry about your friend Jon.Was it suddenly or had he been sick?
Jim
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Justin, both cars have red interior. The wagon is red and the sedan is white.

Nick, I'll definately let you know on the truck, it is sweet!

Jim, he had a heart attack

Jon
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:52 pm

I just counted. There's five wagons living here right now. I need to get advice from Sprocket on feeding them.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:23 pm

94X2 wrote:
I need to get advice from Sprocket on feeding them.

Jon

Throw a couple Civics or Corollas into the backyard, that'll keep em full for a few days.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:19 pm

they don't need much, just a lil attention and a trip around the block once in awhile....
Smile and they do enjoy the occaisonal Honda
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:43 am

Some pictures:

My yard is suddenly full 080
Look -ANOTHER wagon with SS rims

My yard is suddenly full 082
My yard is suddenly full 081
The 92 I can't wait to get it cleaned up

My yard is suddenly full 084
My yard is suddenly full 086
My yard is suddenly full 087
Parts cars

My yard is suddenly full 085

My yard is suddenly full 083
The 68 I get to babysit

Jon
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:06 am

that 68 looks sweeet......

Hey don't throw that 516K cluster away....it'd be fun to stick it into a show car!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:43 pm

I wish I had some money for some red interior goodness... Sad

Sorry about the loss of your friend. Did he put you in the will for the cars or what?
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm gonna keep the high mile cluster and add it to my collection.
Roo - What kind of interior goodies do you need? If theres anything here any good I'll make you a deal you can't pass up. He didn't leave me the cars but his wife told me right after he died that once everything was settled I would get the cars. I didn't think I would get the good 92 but it worked out that way Very Happy

Jon

Edit- If there are parts that anyone needs I'm not trying to make any money on them. Just shipping if feasible and maybe a little bit if It takes some time to pull something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:31 pm

I would enjoy some armrests (both driver's side front and rear).

<_<
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:09 pm

I would like a (or 2) good tailgate interiors. Mine have some of the top edge screw holes broken out.
Back to top Go down
matthimself456

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:23 pm

That old Mercedes doesn't belong with all the American Iron.

I'll get it out of there if you want.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:27 am

matthimself456 wrote:
That old Mercedes doesn't belong with all the American Iron.

I'll get it out of there if you want.
That was a project before I got into the wagons. It's a '70 220D. Got a lot of rust, though so it's probably not worth fixing.

Anybody that needs parts just pm me so this thread doesn't go on forever in the wrong section lol!

Jon
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:43 am

how does that sedan run?
im surprised...it actually looks pretty good with those ford lightning rims.

sorry about your boss, sounds like you liked him which is more than i can say.
i have the bill lumburg of route delivery! yeeeeeaaaahhh, hey ian, did ya get the memo?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:30 am

Nice collection, and yes sorry to hear about your friend.

I'm loving that cluster. Sending that pic to all the Toyota and Honda worshippers here at work. Take that! GM never should have stopped making big RWS body on frame cars...they KNEW how to make those!

Enjoy your new toys!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My yard is suddenly full   My yard is suddenly full Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My yard is suddenly full
Page 1 of 1