GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BuickRM

A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents Empty
PostSubject: A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents   A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 11:11 am

Hi Guys, on my 94 BRW the A/C was working perfect since 2 years when I´ve rebuilt all the system, every single part brand new replaced, worked perfect since that time. Since yesterday, it stopped suddenly working, there´s no more flow through the vents, neither the lower / middle or the windshild vents. The fan doesn´t work any more, no matter if i push the button for  more or less flow. First I supposed it to be the fuses, checked them, all are ok. What makes me upset is the sudden breakdown, not a slowly fading down of the cooling performance, just nothing....at all... Last week, the system power was perfect, ice cold air if desired.....any ideas? BTW, the accumulator is frosted, what  seems to me the compressor is working.

Remember I´m German, if you are using shortcuts.....for instance HVAC....or similar...Thanks a lot !
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents   A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 11:16 am

Try connecting the Blower Motor directly to the battery. If it runs, the Blower Module is probably faulty.

If the Accumulator is cold, you are probably correct that the refrigerant side is OK, there is just no airflow.
Back to top Go down
BuickRM

PostSubject: Re: A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents   A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 1:59 pm

Thanks -do you know how i can access the wiring of the blower motor? From inside or from engine bay side? And the module - supposedly from inside?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents   A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 4:21 pm

The motor and module are both inside, and right next to each other. 91-93 7 mm socket, 94-96 5.5 mm socket. You must remove the door sill and the kick panel to access them. 3 screws for each. Aftermarket fans are about 3/8 inches short for the plenum, and will produce reduced airflow because of air leaking around the squirrel cage. You can not adjust the squirrel cage without a custom shaft extension. The original fan can not be used on the aftermarket motor. Usually the fan will run on high if the module fails, but not running is possible. The original motor is supposed to be a sealed unit, and not rebuildable.

If you are going to check the fan, remove it and be careful. If it is still good, and starts, it will try to rip itself out of your hand, so hang onto it. I have a few used control modules for a lot less than a new one. Rock Auto has new ones.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents   A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 4:23 pm

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
BuickRM

PostSubject: Re: A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents   A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 6:30 am

You´re the best, guys A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents 1f600
Back to top Go down
BuickRM

PostSubject: Re: A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents   A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2022 3:39 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:

If you are going to check the fan, remove it and be careful. If it is still good, and starts, it will try to rip itself out of your hand, so hang onto it. I have a few used control modules for a lot less than a new one. Rock Auto has new ones.

@Fred, I´ve checked the fan by applying voltage directly to the motor and it worked perfect. So supposedly the control module might be faulty. I found some new ones  from RA which are looking ok from the front side ( facing the plugs, retrangulary, 3 screws). But they are all looking different from the backside with the heat sink. Mine is relativly massiv, all rock auto options are a bit smaller and the side view ist triangular. Do they fit anyway ?

I would like to take one of yours, but I need the A/C working next weekend dead sure for a long trip. In Germany, its really hot currently, about 100°F........RA is extremly quick with shipping due to their processes. Have to order today......if I have your information.Thanks a lot
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents   A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2022 8:38 pm

The RA units will work. The picture may be different because they are aftermarket.
Back to top Go down
BuickRM

PostSubject: Re: A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents   A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 3:51 am

Thanks a lot, so I will order it. Will report as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents   A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A/C stops cooling suddenly / no vents
Page 1 of 1