GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Empty
PostSubject: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 17:29

I mentioned this a while back but am re-posting in the correct section. My Dad was driving my car one day over the summer and lifted himself out of the front seat pushing off that arm rest/storage console lid. It crushed it on one side, right where you rest your arm, and the leather has come loose now and sticks out when the lid is closed, plastic under it is cracked badly, I tried to glue it back together but just ended up making a mess.

SO if anyone has one of these lids, or see's one in the yards and can nab it, please let me know. It's the leather kind, dark maroon color, and I know they used these on Fleetwoods and Roadies in '96, and some '95's had this after they got rid of the older two-piece lids. Not sure if the Caprice was the same in '96 or not. I'd like to get the right color, don't want to SEM something I end up resting my arm on every time I drive the car. Know it would rub off.

I've been looking in the salvage yards but have yet to find a good one. Interiors down here dry out and burn up like mad. Needle in a haystack.

Thanks all!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 18:34

Mike, I don't have what you are looking for, but I SEM'd one 4 years ago and it still looks just as good.

Tom
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 18:37

silverfox103 wrote:
Mike, I don't have what you are looking for, but I SEM'd one 4 years ago and it still looks just as good.

Tom

Hmm.. Well I may try that if all else fails. Will nab any good ones I see at the yards, regardless of color, but if someone sees a maroon one please let me know.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 18:42

Mike I think I know where a caddy armrest is in maroon.Will go by there tomorrow.Is the caddy
maroon the same shade?
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 18:47

Flasheroo wrote:
Mike I think I know where a caddy armrest is in maroon.Will go by there tomorrow.Is the caddy
maroon the same shade?
Jim

Anyone know about the color?? I think it's the same.

Jim if it's in good shape, the leather is nice and the underside is not cracked, I want it. It takes all of a minute to remove. Just please keep in mind it's the big one-piece lid only used on late 95 and all 96 cars.

THANKS!!

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 18:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 18:56

It should be the same shade, yeah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 18:59

Yes I know about the 1 piece lid,I have a tan armrest sitting here that I still have to dye blue.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 19:18

Flasheroo wrote:
Yes I know about the 1 piece lid,I have a tan armrest sitting here that I still have to dye blue.
Jim

Thank you sir! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeFri 9 Dec 2011 - 2:48

I have just the cover for the lid in tan. It does not have the hinge mechanism on the inside. I would part with it for $20 shipped. Leather is in very good condition, and could be refinished in Ruby Red.

Gluing them is nearly impossible, because they are ABS. The only way to repair them is with heat.

The Caddy was a "Raisin" color that is a lot darker.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeFri 9 Dec 2011 - 11:55

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I have just the cover for the lid in tan. It does not have the hinge mechanism on the inside. I would part with it for $20 shipped. Leather is in very good condition, and could be refinished in Ruby Red.

Gluing them is nearly impossible, because they are ABS. The only way to repair them is with heat.

The Caddy was a "Raisin" color that is a lot darker.

Hi Fred, thanks for the offer. I think I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a complete lid. The plastic under mine is really shot.

Fun-Fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeFri 9 Dec 2011 - 17:50

Mike,I checked this morning and the car was crushed!
Sorry
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeFri 9 Dec 2011 - 17:55

Story of my life....
Back to top Go down
rkmdogs

rkmdogs

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeFri 9 Dec 2011 - 18:05

I'm still looking for one with the two-piece lid for my Caprice--- in grey please!
The complete armrest that is....
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeFri 9 Dec 2011 - 18:13

rkmdogs wrote:
I'm still looking for one with the two-piece lid for my Caprice--- in grey please!

Seen lots of those in Roady sedans. Will nab one next time I see it. Grey is a common color, and the two-piece ones are much more common.
Back to top Go down
rkmdogs

rkmdogs

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 10:53

81X11 wrote:
rkmdogs wrote:

Seen lots of those in Roady sedans. Will nab one next time I see it. Grey is a common color, and the two-piece ones are much more common.

Thanks a bunch! That will be a great Christmas present, if you can find me one!
When you do, send me an e-mail to: rkmdogs@tampabay.rr.com
Let me know the cost & shipping & I'll get you off a check ASAP!
Here is a pic of what I need, but this is the wrong color!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! cheers One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Consolearmrestw2pccover
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011 - 12:34

I SEM'd my tan one to ruby red and it looks factory!
Don't be afraid to paint one if you find it in wrong color.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011 - 0:32

Deadmanonduty wrote:
I SEM'd my tan one to ruby red and it looks factory!
Don't be afraid to paint one if you find it in wrong color.

Will be on the lookout. Thanks all.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?   One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One-piece front arm rest/console lid, maroon, 95-96 Roady/Caddy/Caprice?
Page 1 of 1