GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dark Blue front passenger door arm rest pad

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Dark Blue front passenger door arm rest pad Empty
PostSubject: Dark Blue front passenger door arm rest pad   Dark Blue front passenger door arm rest pad Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:09 am

If anyone had a dark blue front passenger door arm rest pad to sell, please let me know. Mine is warping from the bottom up on my '92 OCC. My other three are perfect. I guess that one door got some sun.

Please let me know if you have one. THANKS!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blue front passenger door arm rest pad   Dark Blue front passenger door arm rest pad Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 10:30 am

I usually repair the vinyl on my armrests. I usually use Gorilla Glue. I sprinkle a little water inbetween the vinyl, and the foam, then squeeze a 1/8 inch bead of glue in the crack. To hold them together while the glue sets, I use packing tape and bind it tightly I apply the tape from the top, around the area that is being held in place, and around the back to the top, making a loop around the entire armrest. I use as many parallel strips of tape as needed to cover the entire area that is being repaired. The next day, I take the tape off, and clean any residue with Goof Off or Goo Gone. If the glue protrudes from the repaired area, I just use a razor and cut it off. Any glue will be hidden when the armrest is reinstalled.

I have a repaired one if you are interested.

Last edited by Fred Kiehl on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blue front passenger door arm rest pad   Dark Blue front passenger door arm rest pad Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:40 am

Hey thanks for the info! I'm going to take that off and try to repair it this weekend.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blue front passenger door arm rest pad   Dark Blue front passenger door arm rest pad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Blue front passenger door arm rest pad
Page 1 of 1