GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The joy of old cars

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

The joy of old cars Empty
PostSubject: The joy of old cars   The joy of old cars Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:36 am

Thought ya'll might like this. My buddy Doc with the green Maverick sent me the below pics and comments. He and his father-in-law, and two other guys from our club "attempted" to go on a cruise and had some issues with their toys. Never a dull moment when you have old cars!

"So myself, my father in law, Ralf and Red all attempted to go on a cruise the other weekend. Ralf's Nova would only do the speed limit, 70, barely, he's got it geared so low anything above that would cause it to overheat. The Maverick had a brake issue (caliper came loose) and then Red's Mustang wouldn't go in reverse when we got to dinner.

Boy we had fun that day. ; ) "

The joy of old cars TheCore

The joy of old cars TheCoreII
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The joy of old cars   The joy of old cars Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:48 pm

Topping out at 70mph is straight up engineering FAIL.

Nice rides though.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The joy of old cars   The joy of old cars Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:09 pm

What does Nova mean in Spanish?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The joy of old cars   The joy of old cars Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:13 pm

buickestate wrote:

Hey now I LIKE that Nova and it goes plenty fast! He was still sorting it out.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: The joy of old cars   The joy of old cars Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:20 pm

buickestate wrote:

NOVA means old car produced by GM, just like in English. However No Va means doesn't go.

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The joy of old cars   The joy of old cars Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:49 am

Here's another Joy of Old Cars. I drove the '79 Buick to work this morning. Have been trying to exercise the Electra and run the 27 gallons of older gas out of it so I can re-fill it before I park it again.

Anyway I pulled in to a parking spot here at work and one of my co-workers, a smart, cute girl in her 20's, pulled in behind me in her new Honda Insight.

So I was climbing out of the Buick and slamming the huge door when she asked me how old my car was. I told her it would be 33 next month. I could tell she did not like the Buick...I'm sure to her it's an outdated big old gas hog..the kind of car "enlightened" folks would never drive.

She then said she could not believe I could afford the gas to drive such a huge old car.

I told her the gas was a lot cheaper than a new car payment. Very Happy

-Mike

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The joy of old cars   The joy of old cars Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Great answer Mike!
Jim
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: The joy of old cars   The joy of old cars Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:04 pm

94Woody wrote:

NOVA means old car produced by GM...

It just so happens that Nova is also an acronym for all the sister cars as well:

Nova, Chevy
Omega, Olds
Ventura, Pontiac
Apollo, Buick

Pretty cool! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The joy of old cars   The joy of old cars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The joy of old cars