GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Cadillac........

Go down 
+5
Lynol
toomanytoyz
DBeaSSt
95BRMW
81X11
9 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

New Cadillac........ Empty
PostSubject: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:44 am

One of my co-workers came in all excited. Her husband surprised her with a new Cadillac. Knowing I'm a car nut she came over and told me about it, and I went downstairs with some others to see it.

I was nice, and polite, but could not help but feel a little let-down. I'm sure this is a really nice vehicle, and drives well, but when I think of a Cadillac in my head....well this is not it....

I snapped the below pic on the way in from lunch yesterday.

New Cadillac........ Cadillac

-Mike

Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:46 am

I was hoping to see a CTS-V Mad
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:47 am

SRX is nice for those who like 'cute utes' but it's not much more than that. The previous SRX was based on the same RWD platform the STS and CTS use, I actually liked that one. Smile

As for new Cadillacs... I just got one from a certain forum member over the weekend. Wink
New Cadillac........ Red95fwb-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:48 am

I was hoping ctsv too! Wink

And Mike, I had one JUST like that! Very Happy

Last edited by toomanytoyz on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:50 am

Certified Pre-Owned. I bet!

Awesome!

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:51 am

81X11 wrote:

Awesome!

Yeah... I want my plate back! Razz
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:53 am

81X11 wrote:

Awesome!

I hereby certify that this car was pre-owned.

And don't worry Bill, plate is already pulled to go back along with the not-quite-appropriate temp tag. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:33 am

Mike congrats on the Caddy and it matches the OCC almost.Happy to see the caddy staying in
the family,sort of!
Whats NEXT Bill?
Jim
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:53 pm

My old boss has one of those. She likes it a lot, but she hates the poor visibility out of it. So much so that she also kept her old '98 Durango rather than trading it in. She used to be a school bus driver and before the Durango owned many Fleetwoods and Broughams. She can't stand not being able to see the front corners of the hood while in the drivers seat. She said, and I agree, that all the cameras still don't make up for actually seeing out of the sides and rear with your own eyes. Oh and DBeaSSt... NICE Caddy!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Good to see the caddy went to a good home Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Lynol wrote:
My old boss has one of those. She likes it a lot, but she hates the poor visibility out of it. So much so that she also kept her old '98 Durango rather than trading it in. She used to be a school bus driver and before the Durango owned many Fleetwoods and Broughams. She can't stand not being able to see the front corners of the hood while in the drivers seat. She said, and I agree, that all the cameras still don't make up for actually seeing out of the sides and rear with your own eyes. Oh and DBeaSSt... NICE Caddy!

Why on earth did she buy it then?
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:32 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Lynol wrote:

Why on earth did she buy it then?
Because out of all the new cars out there, it was the one she liked the best. She spent the last 3 or 4 years car shopping before she settled on the SRX. She does like it, it's just hard for her to get used to it. It's funny, at 55 years old this is her first FWD car. She said if she could go buy a brand new 1992 Cadillac Brougham, she would. She had like 3 of the old Broughams and Fleetwoods.
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Maybe she should have waited for this Caddy....

Click on "Introducing the All-new Cadillac XTS" and watch the video...check out the IP/cluster graphics. Wow!
Wonder if they are planning a wagon on this platform?

http://www.cadillac.com/xts-luxury-sedan.html
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:47 pm

JoeT wrote:
Maybe she should have waited for this Caddy....

Click on "Introducing the All-new Cadillac XTS" and watch the video...check out the IP/cluster graphics. Wow!
Wonder if they are planning a wagon on this platform?

http://www.cadillac.com/xts-luxury-sedan.html
That's a nice looking car. I like the styling. It doesn't look like it was chiseled out of a rock like most of the other caddys. I also like how they're making more use of the old style Cadillac script. That was actually the first thing I noticed on my bosses new SRX. Of course you know women. Once they get behind the wheel of an SUV they'll never go back to a car...
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Not my wife!
She does NOT like driving trucks or SUV's...she chose a Pontiac G8 when she was looking for a new car back in '08.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:31 pm

JoeT wrote:
Not my wife!
She does NOT like driving trucks or SUV's...she chose a Pontiac G8 when she was looking for a new car back in '08.

LOL!! My wife too. She could have had ANYTHING she wanted and she chose the G8 GT. Sitting in my driveway now...... and now when I tell people that I have the LT1, I hear "awwww, isn't that cute" (she has the 6.0L 360HP)
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:18 am

I seriously think I'll be looking for a G8 GT when Misty finally wears out our Grand Prix.

Have you replaced the G8 badges with GTO ones yet?? Wink

LOVE those G8's just wish the regular GT's offered the stick. GXP's are hard to find and still cost a mint.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2778721048.html - I keep looking at this one.....drool...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:23 am

Wrong-wheel-drive but still intersting cars. Hard to believe these have the same engine as my wife's Suburban. Suspect

http://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/2793142130.html

http://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/2770304459.html

Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:12 am

81X11 wrote:
Wrong-wheel-drive but still intersting cars. Hard to believe these have the same engine as my wife's Suburban. Suspect

A 5.3 in a W-body is torque steer city. I remember the reviews of the Impala SS with the 5.3 whenever it was that came out (2005?) and they said due to the un-equal length shafts, its torques steer is insane. How many HP was the biggest motor when the W-body first came out in '88? Like 150? Hard to believe the G8 was killed off, but they still make the antique engineered wImpala.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:31 am

PONTIAC was killed off, not the G8 specifically. G8 is a rear wheel drive platform that is imported from Australia.

It is now called the Caprice 9C1/9C3 Police car......
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:05 am

Krzdimond wrote:
PONTIAC was killed off, not the G8 specifically. G8 is a rear wheel drive platform that is imported from Australia.

The Caprice PPV is technically on the same platform as the G8, but it's a much longer car on a longer wheelbase. But even so, anyone could buy a G8. NO ONE can buy a Caprice!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:27 am

Lynol wrote:
81X11 wrote:

A 5.3 in a W-body is torque steer city. I remember the reviews of the Impala SS with the 5.3 whenever it was that came out (2005?) and they said due to the un-equal length shafts, its torques steer is insane. How many HP was the biggest motor when the W-body first came out in '88? Like 150? Hard to believe the G8 was killed off, but they still make the antique engineered wImpala.

Hahaha, good point on the V8 HP. In '88, the hottest W-body, the Grand Prix SE with the 5-spd, had a 2.8 V6 with 125hp. Whee! One interesting thing though, the V8 Grand Prix had larger front tires than rears, and the suspension was revised beyond the Impala's, in an effort to cut down on the torque steer....but it's still wrong-wheel-drive.

The really funky thing abot those last Grand Prix's was how tall the rear doors were, and how sloped the roof was. Sitting in the back the door panel was above your shoulder and it was like peering out of a military bunker, and forget the kids seeing out the side windows. Styling over function for sure.

I do like the engine-turned dash trim they used on the GP's, very 70's Trans Am retro. Kinda neat.

As for the G8, yep I'm sick it's gone, along with Pontiac. I'm waiting for a civilian version of the new Caprice police cars....which is a toned-down G8 with more rear seat legroom. Those look like a great basis for a REAL Impala SS. cheers

-Mike
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:39 am

Lynol wrote:
NO ONE can buy a Caprice!

Middle Easterners can!

New Cadillac........ 2955nrd

And the Chinese can buy a Buick Park Avenue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:44 am

AND THEY GET A HOOD ORNAMENT?

What the hell, GM?

Sad
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:07 am

Krzdimond wrote:

Well it's not as sexy as the 94-96 Impalas but the new Caprice SS is still a mean looking car. Now they just need to kill the FWD Impala and make this the big Chevrolet again.

New Cadillac........ CapriceSS
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:09 am

Those Middle Easterers LOVE these big American cars. After all gas is cheap there and it doesn't snow. They re-intro'd the Caprice in the Middle East in '00, and like this current one was based off some Holden. Big cars sell so well out there, Ford actually designed a new grille for the export version of the Crown Vic.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:15 am

81X11 wrote:
Krzdimond wrote:

Well it's not as sexy as the 94-96 Impalas but the new Caprice SS is still a mean looking car. Now they just need to kill the FWD Impala and make this the big Chevrolet again.

New Cadillac........ CapriceSS
Is that the Caprice SS? Looks like a G8 with different grille. I'd rather see an SS version of the real Caprice, based off the long wheelbase.
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:30 am

No, I think it's the "real" Caprice, and the Lumina SS is on the shorter Commodore/G8 wheelbase

New Cadillac........ 35348916-623x389
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:33 am

mp775 wrote:
No, I think it's the "real" Caprice, and the Lumina SS is on the shorter Commodore/G8 wheelbase

http://strumors.automobilemag.com/files/2010/11/35348916-623x389.jpg[/img]
That does look good... You are right about the Lumina being the shorter wheelbase version. I remember when the G8 first came out people were buying body parts for the Middle East Lumina and making homemade Chevrolets out of their Pontiacs!
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:08 pm

BOY do they need G8 wheels!!

On that second link I spotted this: http://autoholics.com/2012/01/19/-Chrysler-Cordoba-Superbird--599311

Now that's just FUNNY right there!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:14 pm

Jeff you beat me to it.Those 2011 caprices have been on ebay for about 2 months,Seen them in
black,white and a sharp dark blue color so far.In colors other than white the interiors are pretty
nice looking.Those are considered "detectives" cars.
Jim
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:20 pm

I just wish I had been able to get one of those from the dealership in Gaithersburg. So close!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:33 pm

92cappy wrote:
I just wish I had been able to get one of those from the dealership in Gaithersburg. So close!
I read GM asked that dealership to stop after they sold just a few. I guess if we wait we can buy them used, but I was referring to new cars. And with options people want. I still have yet to even see one of these new Caprice PPV's on the road. I know a couple cops and they said it looks promising, but no department is going to buy a car with a floor shift. They want to be able to re-use whatever mounting systems they have for their computers and radios, and the floor shift gets in the way. I also heard, don't know if it's true, but something to do with in being imported and some jurisdictions being only allowed to buy domestically produced vehicles.
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:37 pm

My county has officially stopped buying Fords. I have only heard of one of these Caprices in my county, so they must either be buying Chargers (have yet to see one either), or more likely, not getting many new cars due to budget constraints.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:00 pm

I saw where one police department bought 75 crown vics for the future.Everything swaps over
so they are saving a fortune.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
I saw where one police department bought 75 crown vics for the future.Everything swaps over
so they are saving a fortune.
Jim
I read a livery company in NYC has done the same with Town Cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Cadillac........   New Cadillac........ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Cadillac........
Page 1 of 1