GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vinyldavid

vinyldavid

St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own) Empty
PostSubject: St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own)   St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Hopefully no one minds this being posted here.

There's a local '93 (I think) Purple roadie wagon being parted....relatively clean looking, major issue is it won't shift outta 2nd gear, and leaks oil. Talked to the guy who owns it and it's got an SL2 engine in it (I dunno what this means), lotsa good parts, other things. The owners wanna scrap it. If anyone else relatively local is interested, I'll send them the info about it once I get a good contact number.

I already call hood, front driver's side fender, driver's side door, front bumper, and possibly rear passenger 3/4 panel and rear pass. door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own)   St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:35 pm

David ,take a flashlight and a mirror and look for any signs of rust anywhere on and inside the wagon.Figured with all the white woodys around you would hold out for those matching parts
so no painting would be needed.If any rust is found anywhere just leave it alone.
Jim
Back to top Go down
vinyldavid

vinyldavid

PostSubject: Re: St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own)   St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:39 pm

I actually haven't seen any other white woody's in St. Louis, other than the one that belonged to the guy I bought mine from (he had two). Also I've been told that it's one of the rare colors....

The back bumper nerds a repaint too, and there's a rust spot on the roof, so I might as well just rock the multicolored wagon until I can get it repainted.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own)   St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:48 pm

First off, we need to correct the fat fingers.

SL2 is a Saturn with a 1.9l engine and the LS2 is a 6L 400 horse powerplant that ran from 2005-2009

the LS2 is the same motor that is in my wife's G8 and if they are going to scrap it, CALL ME! I'll give you $500 just for the engine.... and I'll come and get it. cheers
Back to top Go down
vinyldavid

vinyldavid

PostSubject: Re: St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own)   St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Nah....he said SL2, but could have misspoke. I have no way to get the engine out myself. It does leak oil tho.

They WILL scrap it, it's just a matter of time.....asking price on the whole thing is a grand. I'd buy it if i had the funds, I know of a place I can store it, but I don't want to deal with the insurance and taxes and crap.

Like I said, the only major issue that's precluding it from being really driveable is that the transmission won't shift out of 2. I want them to part it tho because I want the parts Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own)   St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:40 pm

The "rare" thing about white woodies is an inside joke. It's actually quite possibly the most common color combo there is for these cars.
Back to top Go down
93RMW

93RMW

PostSubject: Re: St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own)   St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 pm

vinyldavid wrote:
Hopefully no one minds this being posted here.

There's a local '93 (I think) Purple roadie wagon being parted....relatively clean looking, major issue is it won't shift outta 2nd gear, and leaks oil. Talked to the guy who owns it and it's got an SL2 engine in it (I dunno what this means), lotsa good parts, other things. The owners wanna scrap it. If anyone else relatively local is interested, I'll send them the info about it once I get a good contact number.

I already call hood, front driver's side fender, driver's side door, front bumper, and possibly rear passenger 3/4 panel and rear pass. door.

I might be interested in a tan leather passenger seat skin if its in great shape. Maybe rear cargo trim pieces (spare cover, opposite side, and tailgate cover) if they are not scratched or cracked and tan of course.

My wagon's originally from St. Louis. If he has an Art Haack Buick dealer frame or dealer badge, I'd like that too. (of course if the prices are reasonable. Shipping to CA 93274

Thanks much

John aka VacFink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own)   St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St. Louis Roadie wagon being parted (not my own)
Page 1 of 1