GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.

Go down 
+5
benn
phantom 309
buickestate
Lynol
81X11
9 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Empty
PostSubject: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:40 am

As mentioned these wagons are not all that common down here. It's somewhat of an "event" for me to see one on the road nowadays, other than mine.

Well I came across not one, but two this weekend.

The first one I'm in deep love with. I took the family to dinner in downtown Round Rock Friday night, and parked in a parking garage off main street. Driving up I came around a corner and there was a gorgeous black over tan '95 Roady wagon sitting all by itself in the garage. I jumped out of the car, my wife making fun of me, and snapped the pics below, and then I pulled out a pen and paper and wrote a "if you want to sell this car please call me" note, and also added my e-mail address and the GMLongroof Forum address.

This car looks a lot better than the pics my crappy cell phone took under the weak garage lights. The paint is great, wood is good but needs the trim around it re-done, typical. Interior is CLEAN tan leather. Texas car, NO RUST, underside looks new. So far, no call, but I can hope!
Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. BlackRoady
Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Blk3
Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Blkroady2

The second Roady is also a '95, but this one is SAD. One of my co-workers mentioned that he'd been seeing a car "just like mine" parked behind the Arbor movie theater in a shopping mall near the Arboretum Mall. He lives near there, and said he'd seen it a lot so the person must work in the shopping center.

He said it "wasn't as clean as my car..." Well, I drove over yesterday....and he's right, it was sitting there, and it's not as clean as mine.....more to the fact, it's filthy and beat to hell....
Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. RoughRdy2
Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. RoughRdy

Pretty sad white car. Hate to see them in that kind of shape. It is an Austin car though, so no rust at all. Still has the Covert Buick tag on the tailgate, so it's been here all it's life, but it's ratty. Poor thing.

Anyway I hope to hear from the owner of the black car. Even if they don't want to sell it, at least I hope they pop in on the forum. That was a pretty car!

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:04 pm

That black one is nice. Only about 400 or so black woodys made for '95. I was lucky enough to have spotted THREE black woody RMWs in my area, and just recently a 4th by my new job, although who knows it could be the same one with a new owner (I've made mental notes of the license plate series whenever I see one). Also, I have to snap a pic of my neighbors white woody RMW. That thing is sadder than sad. I still see more wagons around here than can be counted, but none in the junkyards. Just in my little neighborhood there are 3 other wagons I know of, all RMWs. I even see plenty of boxys running around. You there in Texas seems to be the other way around; you've got more wagons in the junkyards than I've ever seen in one place, and none actually on the road.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Hahaha, got my wife doing it now! She just sent me this pic, was on her way back from lunch. This is in the frontage road of Mopac Blvd just off Hwy 183 in Austin. Poor thing needs a bath and a detail, but it's an LT1 car. Thanks Misty!

Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. MJroady
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi all. Guess what? The owner of the black over tan '95 Roadmaster wagon seen above called me. They've decided to sell it. Very nice lady. She said her husband is 65 years old and has decided to sell of some of his toys.

So here we go. He has a LOT of toys and this is one of them. They are "thinning the herd". Car needs to be cleaned up, wood trim redone, the usual. The transmission has been rebuilt, the tires have less than 5K miles on them, she said they had all the "injectors done" (?), the a/c has all been replaced and the shocks are new. 107K miles, ZERO rust, inside is clean...but has an aftermarket radio. I'd find a stock CD unit, easy.

She invited me to come drive it on Sunday. Said if I drive it, that I'll want it. Very Happy

She's asking $4K for it. I guess we'll see. Will keep the forum in the loop.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:46 pm

you know you want it!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:45 pm

but is it worth 4k,..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:05 pm

Oh snap.
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:07 pm

BUY IT
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:58 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:08 pm

At least you know what to look for and what needs repairing right away!
Jim
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:48 pm

they can ask any price, but show them what the market is bringing. I'm thinking you should be able to get it for around 3300-3500 if'n you got a stack of Benjemins handy.

or politely make your best offer and leave your phone number. They'll call back.
I got my Jaguar for 7.5K vs the 9 asking price like that.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:32 am

Car does not have 107K miles...it has 187K miles... Sad

That said, it IS a nice car. Inside is clean, case is still tight....a LOT tighter than the gold one on the used car lot the next town over. Body is solid, has a ton of recipts, but with tat many miles I'm thinking $2500...maybe $3000, but not $4.

I did not make an offer....that's just too many miles for me. Don't want to start a project on a car with that mileage, but I do LOVE the black over tan. Classy.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:08 pm

81X11 wrote:
Car does not have 107K miles...it has 187K miles... Sad

That said, it IS a nice car. Inside is clean, case is still tight....a LOT tighter than the gold one on the used car lot the next town over. Body is solid, has a ton of recipts, but with tat many miles I'm thinking $2500...maybe $3000, but not $4.

I did not make an offer....that's just too many miles for me. Don't want to start a project on a car with that mileage, but I do LOVE the black over tan. Classy.

-Mike

Wait for a car with < 100K. It appears they are out there. I had mine shipped clear across the US (coast to coast) to my door for $1,200. I know that added to the cost of the car, but I feel it was a great investment compared to what you can find on the west coast in the used car market.
col
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:44 pm

Make a rediculously lowball offer and tell them with that many miles your offer is more than fair and just wait!If you can get it cheap enough,the miles wont matter!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:45 pm

^ This. You can pick it up super cheap, enjoy it, clean it, and flip it.

Misty might kill you, though. YRMV.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:13 pm

I wonder why people that shy away from high mile cars,.

I will buy a car on its merits,. including the owners attitude towards maintainance
i prefer to buy a well looked after car,. not one that has maybe gone 50-60,000 miles and never had a grease job,. and been used for short trips to town all its life,.most of my best vehicles i,ve bought with high mileage and had the best luck with them,.
you buy a low miler,. next thing you know it needs a complete front end rebuild,.complete brakes,. exhaust because it never got hot very often etc,. etc,.
If you could fire a car up and drive it with out shutting it down other than for regular maintainance,. then it,d go for mile and miles just like fleet units do,.
So owners i,ve met with low milers have no idea the car needed to be greased,.and oil changes,.
Mileage is all psychological,.in fact long period of sitting dries out seals,. tires rubbers etc,. etc,
antifreeze gets high PH levels
I like it when the car has had all new everything once,. including the transmissions etc,. usually things are upgraded when they are replaced,.
If i buy a car to resell it,. then of course the mileage is important,.but a daily driver ,. not so much.

But hey you guys do what you want ,. you,re all gonna anyway,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 5:30 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
But hey you guys do what you want ,. you,re all gonna anyway,.
You should put this in your signature line.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Excellent point Nick. I guess I got lucky with a low mile car that had been cared for too. How was your trip?
Dick
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:39 am

COL wrote:
How was your trip?
Dick

Didn't get away,.worked to clear up a backlog of stuff,..

nick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:23 am

Agree 100% with Nick here. My daily got bought with 228K on the clock. All the work I needed to do on the last car already completed and I bought it for what the parts to do the R&R on the other car were and it's done. Not too mention the paints in better condition.

My other DD has 212K on it. I'd drive either to Cali tomorrow with no worries. Look at Jon in NC...360K+ and counting These cars were built to last, that's why they were cop cars and taxis.....

A member on here bought a SS tribute wagon with 180K for 3500 I think, but it had quite a few mods to it already (gears, seats, etc etc).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.   Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roady Wagon Spotting in Round Rock and Austin Tx.
Page 1 of 1