GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???

Go down 
+5
94Woody
mtrhead79
phantom 309
benn
81X11
9 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Empty
PostSubject: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Since I was downtown today at lunch paying my water bill I pulled into the free parking garage off Main st. on a whim. Amazingly the pretty black '95 Roady wagon I spotted going to dinner with the family back on Jan 20th is still there. It has not moved, is now covered in dust, and the note I put under the wiper about visiting our forum and contacting me if they wanted to sell the car is still there.

This is a free public lot....I guess it's possible someone could be storing the car there, but the garage is not locked or patrolled and I hate to think of this car getting vandalized one night. The tags in the window are current. Wonder what gives. I'd LOVE to have this car for my father. With a bath and some detailing it'd be gorgeous.

Wonder what gives?????? Suspect

Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Road4
Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Roadltr
Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Road2
Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Rdyrt
Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Road3

-Mike
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:50 pm

salt and pepper! you should buy it!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:57 pm

car is stolen,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:59 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
car is stolen,.

Nick

Could be!
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:13 pm

could you get tag run threw dmv and find the owner. check doors to see if unlocked maybe owners card in it
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:04 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
could you get tag run threw dmv and find the owner. check doors to see if unlocked maybe owners card in it

If the car is stolen, the last thing he wants is his prints being inside it, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:12 pm

As long as the tags are current,you cant have it listed as abandoned.Maybe the guy that runs the garage knows something about the car.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:48 pm

Person could be on a trip and met someone else or on airplane now, you never know. I often let vehicles at locations when i meet people and go on a trip for a few days, but this one seems longer than that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Could be military and be overseas like Scot who just got back to Kabul.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:30 am

It beats me. This is just a free open parking garage off main downtown. Mostly used by people that work on Main or at the Water dept during the day, and by people eating dinner or going to a club downtown at night. There is no gate or patrol. It's just a wide-open parking garage. Not near the airport of any kind of military base. Just little downtown Round Rock.

Weird. It's really close to my house. Will be checking in on the car from time to time. If it gets a police red-tag as abandoned maybe I can find out more about it. It really is a nice one. Needs the trim around the wood fixed and the headliner replaced. Steering wheel needs some SEM and it has an aftermarket CD player in it. And it needs a bath badly. Body is very straight, paint would come back with a polish, and seats are dry but not torn up.

We'll see!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
93RMW

93RMW

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:12 pm

81X11 wrote:
It beats me. This is just a free open parking garage off main downtown. Mostly used by people that work on Main or at the Water dept during the day, and by people eating dinner or going to a club downtown at night. There is no gate or patrol. It's just a wide-open parking garage. Not near the airport of any kind of military base. Just little downtown Round Rock.

Weird. It's really close to my house. Will be checking in on the car from time to time. If it gets a police red-tag as abandoned maybe I can find out more about it. It really is a nice one. Needs the trim around the wood fixed and the headliner replaced. Steering wheel needs some SEM and it has an aftermarket CD player in it. And it needs a bath badly. Body is very straight, paint would come back with a polish, and seats are dry but not torn up.

We'll see!

-Mike

I have stalked my fair share of similar cases. I used to drive more than 15 miles in one direction on a regular basis to check on one. Maybe one day it will pay off. Good luck on your hunt.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:27 pm

93RMW wrote:
. Good luck on your hunt.

Yeah good luck on your Hunt , mike,.

we all seen mike hunt right?? clown
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:32 pm

I've seen others' hunt, just not Mike's Smile
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:40 am

Found the owner this weekend. They guy that owns the faded blue '76 Olds clamshell bought this car, knows someone downtown, and was storing this Roadmaster there downtown. He brought it home this weekend, and it's sitting next to the Olds clamshell now.

Not for sale...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:46 pm

No more worrying about the black wagon anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Ha, small world. Glad it's not abandoned though, that would be sad to have it towed away and junked. Whats that guy do with all those cars? Just hoard them until his clamshell gives out?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Lynol wrote:
Ha, small world. Glad it's not abandoned though, that would be sad to have it towed away and junked. Whats that guy do with all those cars? Just hoard them until his clamshell gives out?

He has A TON of cars. He has a circle drive in front of the house and a big garage behind the house and the driveways and garages are full. It's a weird mix too. He has that Chevelle and 442 that are in the garage, and nice, and then he has an early 80's rear drive Toyota Supra...and it's clean...can't remember the last time I saw one.

Beats me what he does with them all. I've only ever seen him drive the '76 clamshell and the 60's Ford pickup.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???   Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon  - Abandoned??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystery #2, black '95 Roady wagon - Abandoned???
Page 1 of 1