GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended...

Go down 
+2
81X11
94X2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
94X2

94X2

It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... Empty
PostSubject: It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended...   It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:38 pm

I found this in my yard today:

It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... 001-2

Actually, Tim stopped by and we had a really nice visit. He went through my "junkyard" and snagged a couple things. I also had a couple people here getting some parts from the Caprice sedan and they went crazy over his car. My 8 year old was kind of impressed, too. As Tim was leaving Jordan looked at me and said "your station wagon doesn't sound like that" . Course maybe he meant mine didn't sound like an old man driving it... lol!
Good to meet you Tim and if anyone else is traveling through eastern NC let me know. I'm only a few minutes off I-95.

Jon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended...   It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Nice! Sounds like a good visit.

And those wheels look good on there!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended...   It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Good times for sure. Look forward to my next visit with either one on ya.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended...   It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Jon,thats a great picture of Tim doing what he does best.Is it true that he carries his own wash
hose in a custom made waterproof bag?Bet your kids had all kinds of questions about the loud
engine and the 6 speed.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended...   It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:27 pm

What a great trip. Thanks for the wheel trim ring and the back window (for John S.). As we spoke my exhaust starting make a bit of noise the day I was at your house. When I left the driveway the power was way down and it sounded like open pipes!!! I got to Fayettville and then Winston-Salem. Noticed that a header bolt was backing out, maybe that is it.

By the time I met the customer on Friday morning it sounded like my cat back was "back" along the side of route 95 some where. As luck would have it my Sister and her husband live and have a small business in High Point. He is a rigger so he has all sorts of metal working equipment. So I went for a visit.

Get to the shop:

Me: "He do you guys have a floor jack?".
Tom (a buddy who works for my brother in law): "No but we have a bottle jack."
Me: "Well I don't think we can get that under the car."
Tom: "I have an idea, wait here."
Me: Shocked

It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... DSC03062-1

It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... DSC03063

It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... DSC03064

It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... DSC03065

NOW THAT IS A JACK!!!!!

Turns out the rear header bolt on the drivers side was loose, but the flange at the bottom of the cat on the passenger side was about to fall off!!!! Glad I caught it. It would be ugly if the dropped. The exhaust is now held by the cat, the cross brace is now gone along with the 4L60E.

Bolted her up and away I went. Make a better spacer than the washers for the shifter as well.
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended...   It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:17 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:

Tom: "I have an idea, wait here."

It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... DSC03065

NOW THAT IS A JACK!!!!!

Ingenuity!!!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended...   It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:21 pm

The official Tim Allen "Tool Time" Jack, the famous Binford 8000.

ARR ARR ARR!

Tim Hopefully you had the back wheels chocked!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended...   It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:28 pm

E-brake and wheels chocked, we also put wood under the forks just in case. Safety first!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended...   It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's amazing what you find in your yard when your water hose is unattended...
Page 1 of 1