GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

getting to old projects

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

getting to old projects Empty
PostSubject: getting to old projects   getting to old projects Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:11 pm

i have been working on relocating my computer (waiting for supplies to come) and my model wagon ( cant get body to fit chassis driving me nuts) so i thought i would take a break and work on a mtr i have had sitting on engine stand for 10 to 12 yrs. its a 350 removed from a gta trans am my friend bought the wreck and guy said he had rebult it . i took it apart to put new gaskets and seals in it since it was sitting so long. here is what i found new bearings std size brass freeze plugs left them. it had a regular timing chain i replaced with a double rollar. the mtr had vett alum heads with guide plates with hardened push rods but for some reason 2 where regular. it is a 4 bolt main block. and another problem i found was the valve spings, the inner flat spring was broken on the one valve i took apart. so i stopped taking the heads apart till i get new springs i have new valve seals that is why i was taking them apart. it had a wolverene cam sticker on the oil pan. i want to run cam #s stamped on back of cam. does anyone know if wolverene cams are still in buisness ? i have not seen or heard of them since i was a kid. any way here are some pics and 1 of my helper
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
i know kind of long winded post
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: getting to old projects   getting to old projects Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:32 pm

I think Crane bought out Wolverine.
You might want to try Crane's tech support.

Here's a link to an older thread from Hot Rodders forum re: cam manufacturers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: getting to old projects   getting to old projects Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:43 pm

some interesting info. i will have to see if crane can help me. part of me says its a factory grind but will see if they can check the part #. thanks for the link
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: getting to old projects   getting to old projects Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:51 pm

That's not long winded.

If you want to see what long winded is about, you need to read one of Bewber's adventures.

Classic reading for cold winter nights! Try not to snort the beer or coffee out of your nose when you get to the good parts.

Dependent on when the cam was manufactured, cam designs have come a long way, particularly for fuel injected motors. More importantly, for what it would cost, I'd consider starting start with a known unit that meets your needs, not the plans of someone else.

Last edited by lakeffect on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: getting to old projects   getting to old projects Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:54 pm

i want to get this back together and fire it up on the ground. then maybe i will do something with it. i still cant beleive its been sitting around as long as it has. i think as i get older time really does go quicker
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: getting to old projects   getting to old projects Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:58 pm

One year to a five year old is 20% of your life. At fifty it's only 2%. I'm down to 1.6%

To a piece of veal, it's all you got.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: getting to old projects   getting to old projects Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:40 am

john, put an lt1 cam in it,.
cheap upgrade
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: getting to old projects   getting to old projects Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:13 am

its a shame i threw my wagons cam and valve springs out
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: getting to old projects   getting to old projects Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Looking good John,... I can't wait to get to work on my baby. Hopefully my knee will heal quicker than expected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: getting to old projects   getting to old projects Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

getting to old projects
Page 1 of 1