GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your Spring Projects

Go down 
+6
Krzdimond
ChevyChugg
buickestate
Tangowagon
waynes91
DBeaSSt
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Your Spring Projects Empty
PostSubject: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:09 am

Pat's Ratmaster startup got me thinking. Now that warmer weather is here what are your spring projects on the wagon?

Yesterday the Roadmonster got all new front brakes. Ceramic pads and new rotors. I goofed and ordered the wrong rotors so she's now sporting cross drilled and slotted rotors. bounce

The Cruiser has a new pressure sender and will shortly be getting a new power brake booster and master cylinder.

The spring detailings begin soon! You busy Robert? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:42 am

as u know i got a fresh wagon to play with,many sleepless nites thinking of all the mods to do to here and what she'll look like when shes done,but cant touch now because of other side projects that i need to do frist Sad , is it driving me nuts ..yes ..,my get a chance to throw in a tune up ,clean the insides,thats about it, has a bad front trannie seal leak , deal with that later,not putting it on the road for a long time
Back to top Go down
Tangowagon

Tangowagon

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:45 am

Let's see...

New Brakes all around.
New Wheels & Tires. (having a tough time deciding on the wheels)
New Stereo System.

That's a good start.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:43 am

If I were to list all the spring projects it would be summer by the time I was done listing them and nothing would be done....
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:50 am

My spring projects include waiting for my wagon to arrive from Waterloo.... Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm going to need a trans Evil or Very Mad

Starting to whine and "stutter" under light go-pedal. Anything more than 1/4 throttle, it boggs down for a sec then runs fine..... does the same with the 1-2 shift.

Otherwise, prep the car for WF09 and local shows.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:01 pm

Take care of the few minor rust spots on my wagon. Learn to rebuild a transmission (to have as a backup). Finish uninstalling the chinese crash parts on the front end. Replace the exhaust, tint the windows, repair the rear window roller. Gotta find the water leak that I believe is related to the roof rack.

My first parts car/ strip and sell project will be arriving this afternoon as well. Anyone need any sedan parts? Blue/Grey.
Back to top Go down
lonebker

lonebker

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:13 am

ok im guessing here but wf09 is wagonfest 09?? ok im all ears where and when?? ive started early on my spring projects. have to fix/replace oil pan, huge hole, and debag?? not sure if thats a word, but debag the wagon and just have it lowered. as my daily driver and me putting miles on south carolina roads, its no longer fun to do. so that and finding some uhh inexpensive bass for the rear, and clean up few parts here and there.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:11 am

Wagonfest 09 is in Waterloo, Ny on the 25th of July
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:19 am

Well seems how I am going to miss this spring totally I am going to shoot for mid to late summer.

I will be swapping in another 305 to replace the one in my car with a spun bearing, at the same time I will be replacing all the gaskets/seals and do some detail painting.

Replace my A/C compressor and recharge the system with r12.

Install the homemade wide whites and get the car aligned.

Install a pair of front speakers to get some sounds in the front.

Get the over the axle pipe replaced and add a tip of some sort (I don't do exhaust).

Install Air Lift 1000 bags to retain hauling capabilities after adding the lowering springs.

Give the car a good shake down after doing all of this to ensure nothing else needs to be repaired after the car has been sitting for 6 months and is shape for the road trip from Florida to North Carolina.
Back to top Go down
ICHANCE

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:24 am

Well since I made it back from Oklahoma City with no problems cruisin at 85 mph I've lined up a few spring projects........ Hid kit should be in any day, waiting on two more parts to switch the bag setup from nitrogen to air, I've pulled off the driver side body molding (the double sided tape chewed through my pin stripe remover) ordered a complete front suspension rebuild kit and sending it to my audio shop for two drop down screens indash nav and all new speakers and subs. That should about do it for spring projects don't know what I'm gonna do for summer scratch
Back to top Go down
Blackfoot

Blackfoot

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:38 pm

Givin my 92 Roadie a paintjob. The Florida sun baked the clearcoat on the hood, roof and top of the front bumper. Yanking the restrictive exhaust and having 3" stainless exhaust made after I clan out the cat. CIA, repainting the motr, building up a 355 out of a '71 4 bolt main motor I have and matching that up to my spare worked over 2004R tranny and 2400 stall converter, so its ready when the L05 gives up on me. Then looking for some tasty 15x8 wheels, some thing classy, but not too showoffish, with 275/60s on the rear and 235/60s on the front.
Back to top Go down
ICHANCE

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:19 am

so here's an update. saturday after 5hrs of fun I no longer have to drag out 50lb bottles in and out of my car just to be able to raise and lower it . I installed two compressors, pressure switch, relay, and tank....... Gotta say for never installing a compressor system I'm proud of myself didn't pop any fuses and and they kicked on off just like they should and no leaks that I can hear!!!! cheers Now I'm gonna lose her for a couple of days-----dropping her off at the audio shop tomorrow Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:26 am

ICHANCE wrote:
so here's an update. saturday after 5hrs of fun I no longer have to drag out 50lb bottles in and out of my car just to be able to raise and lower it . I installed two compressors, pressure switch, relay, and tank....... Gotta say for never installing a compressor system I'm proud of myself didn't pop any fuses and and they kicked on off just like they should and no leaks that I can hear!!!! cheers Now I'm gonna lose her for a couple of days-----dropping her off at the audio shop tomorrow Crying or Very sad

What, no pics? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ICHANCE

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:10 am

I've gotta take some tonight before she goes to the audio shop. I'll try and post them still need to put wires in the looms and cut the carpet to fit but over all pretty clean for my first install. I also need to get off my butt and pull the passenger side moldings off.
Back to top Go down
lonebker

lonebker

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:22 pm

did you c notch it? or just going to leave it for now?

matt
Back to top Go down
ICHANCE

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:25 pm

just left it for now I have so many other things I'm trying to do notch will have to wait. Broke down and got another eraser wheel....... looks like I will be having fun tonight
Back to top Go down
ICHANCE

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:03 pm

Here are a few pics hope you're not on 56k
Your Spring Projects 100_0271
new compressor setup
Your Spring Projects 100_0202
with side molding
Your Spring Projects 100_0281
without moldings
Your Spring Projects Babies102
my favorite pic at this point in time
Your Spring Projects 100_0275
unlike most people I don't care if people see my tag Laughing
Your Spring Projects 100_0277
What the switches and cd player look like untill tomorrow

Last edited by ICHANCE on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:17 pm

I understand that I went to a Michigan Public School, but you have 3 gauges and 10 toggles.......... and only 4 wheels.
Back to top Go down
ICHANCE

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:49 pm

2 dual needle guages for front and rear pressure, 1 single needle guage for tank pressure. switches are for 1)front 2)rear 3)right side 4)left side 5)all four wheels 6)seesaw---raise front,lower rear and raise rear ,lower front 7)right front 8)right rear 9)left front 10)left rear scratch
Back to top Go down
ICHANCE

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:38 pm

Well I'm crossing things off my list! Picked the wagon up today and my buddies hooked my up still need to install one guage the air line was too short and gonna go back for a custom box (with all the projects cash got a little tight) but this thing is LOUD!!!! My babies are loving the new screens too. I'll post up pics as soon as I get the other guage in, looks odd with only two and an empty hole.

Things left on list

New switch box
Hid install
Very good buffing---moldings left lines from 16years of dirt.

Then moving on to summers list---full front end rebuild Shocked not looking forward to this one
4 wheel brake job have parts for both but my buddies lifts have supras on them right now Mad
Back to top Go down
ICHANCE

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Got her back from the shop yesterday here is the new toys and layout

two pioneer 12's in a ported box
Your Spring Projects 100_0297

two 7in flip downs for the babies
Your Spring Projects 100_0298

new layout with pioneer navi
Your Spring Projects 100_0299
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Spring Projects   Your Spring Projects Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down