GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Florida Salvage Yarding

Go down 
+4
jimbeau
Cadet57
jayoldschool
81X11
8 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Florida Salvage Yarding Empty
PostSubject: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 am

My buddy Laird is in Florida on business again, and is yarding around Miami today. Only two pics so far, but expect more.

95-96 Roady wagon. Will reply to his e-mail and let ya'll know what yard this is
Florida Salvage Yarding Photo2-5

Here's something different, Monte Carlo SS Pace Car replica. Not a very sought-after pace car, but still hate to see it junked.
Florida Salvage Yarding Photo

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 am

Turns out that yard is in Orlando. Someone filmed that Monte Pace Car there and put it on Youtube. Ha! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK6ClwPj8Rg
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:40 pm

LKQ Colonial ave - Orlando, FL, if anyone needs Roady parts that wagon is there.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Orlando is not near Miami. Perhaps if you are from Texas.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:51 pm

jayoldschool wrote:

Idk, if what I hear about the average speed of a Floridian on the highway is to be believed, they might just make the journey in 30-40 minutes Razz
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:14 am

jayoldschool wrote:

All I knew was that he went to Miami last Friday. He's since gone to Orlando. Goofy Laird DROVE from here in Austin back to Florida in that '88 Chevy conversion van he bought. Said it's cheaper for his company than flying him and renting a car. They gave him a gas card.

So far, since getting that goofy thing a few months back in Florida, he's driven it back home to Texas, made trips to Dallas, drove way out to Arizona and now back to Florida. He loves that goofy thing. He better watch it or he'll wear it out!

Florida Salvage Yarding Lairdvan
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:32 am

I noticed a rear vent window on the car in the first pic... just sayin'...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:57 am

jimbeau wrote:

Do those come out easy.....without breaking loose from the mounts?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 pm

I bet you it has nice tail gate mouldings
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:51 pm

buickestate wrote:
I bet you it has nice tail gate mouldings

Now that's just mean....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 5:01 pm

I can't tell if that RMW is white or LDM?????? Did he tell you?
That yard is about 35 minutes from where I'm staying and if the car is LDM, may have to go pull the pass front fender off it.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Sprocket wrote:
I can't tell if that RMW is white or LDM?????? Did he tell you?
That yard is about 35 minutes from where I'm staying and if the car is LDM, may have to go pull the pass front fender off it.

Goldish-tan. Wink

There is also a complete '94 in the new arrivals section of U-Pull-It in Ft. Meyers if you feel like a 3hr drive...

http://www.stationwagonforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18411

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:57 pm

be about 40 something bucks for the fender + a trip to Harbor Frieght to buy tools as I have only the basics with me in my work truck and no sockets.......

Been looking for one for 3 years now.....crap
plus I think it's supposed to rain on Friday Sad
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 9:28 pm

81X11 wrote:
He loves that goofy thing. He better watch it or he'll wear it out!

What are you callin' goofy? I loved my old Chevy van. I flew down to Arlington Texas to get it. I loved the Dixie horns I put on it....
Florida Salvage Yarding 128

Mike
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 pm

81X11 wrote:
jimbeau wrote:

Do those come out easy.....without breaking loose from the mounts?

You can remove the roll pin at the last hinge joint with a drift, then use a long screw driver to push out the hinge pins, which are held by silicone. It will come off without any fuss. You have to remove the roll pin first to open the window far enough to get at the hinge pins (you can break the second hinge joint to make removal quick).
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:05 am

200OZ wrote:
81X11 wrote:
He loves that goofy thing. He better watch it or he'll wear it out!

What are you callin' goofy? I loved my old Chevy van. I flew down to Arlington Texas to get it. I loved the Dixie horns I put on it....
Florida Salvage Yarding 128

Mike

I like that front end on yours better than Lairds. Sharp!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:49 pm

Went and retrieved the pass fender today, sorry Jimbeau didn't see your post ahead of time. Both vent windows were there. Ended up buying a 10 dollar socket set at Autozone next to the yard. I would have had the darn thing off in 30 minutes but.......they sat the frame on welded rims to support directly under the rear bolt holding the fender on. What a pita that was. No wrenches with me. Helped a guy lift a windshield out of an Elky and he became my savior. Lent me vice grips and I was making slow but steady progress. Then he came back 30 min later and I was about halfway done. He got sheet metal shears and he cut the tab off the body about 90% of the way. The I got the last two bolts out and worked it back and forth till it broke. HOORAY. Loaded it up in the wheelbarrow as not to scratch the paint on it. Went ten feet and it flipped out and onto the groUnd bending the antenna completely over.... SOB!!!!!

Also got a tan non cracked drivers door panel. Missing the fak wood and chrome on the top but no cracks on the panel. Worth the trip for sure. PCM is still there, posi and opti are not. Good plastics in rear and a nice shiny alloy rim in the back!!!! Lots of parts left on it
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 am

Glad you got some new toys...but sorry to hear about the antenna!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Florida Salvage Yarding   Florida Salvage Yarding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Florida Salvage Yarding
Page 1 of 1