GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

South Austin Salvage Yarding Today

Go down 
+3
buickestate
GSBULLDOG
81X11
7 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Empty
PostSubject: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:33 am

Well the Roady spent the day at Firestone getting aligned after I found out the front tires were worn badly on the insides, so Dad and I ran south and went yarding. Scored a good set of 4-note horns from a CLEAN '95 sedan. Sorry there are not more pics...not to be vulgar but I was sweating my sack off...it was HOT today. 90's this afternoon and no clouds. WARM in the yard! Is it really only March???

Anyway here's some pics for you folks. Enjoy!

Cutlass Supreme Brougham. Full gauges. I wanted the small chrome front bumper guards for my car, but didn't bring the right size torx wrench. Whoops
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26003
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26001

El Camino
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26002

Solid Caprice wagon
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26004

Another Elky, with bucket seats
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26005
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26008
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26009
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26006
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26007

70's Malibu
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26010

90's 3rd Gen with a good set of T-tops still on it. Zero rust too.
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26011

70's Pontiac Ventura with very clean interior
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26012
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26014
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26013

Pinto Squire! Ha!
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26015
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26017
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26016

Buick Reatta. If I'd had my steering wheel puller that wheel would have come home with me.
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26019
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26018

This was a real shame. This is a 95 Roady sedan with only 89K miles on it. The leather seats were PERFECT, they just needed to be cleaned up. I almost grabbed the front one for a spare and the rear one to do the sedan seat conversion...SO TEMPTING. Sadly someone had BUTCHERED the door panels to get the window switches out. The wheels and steering column were gone, but other than that the car was very complete. It had a brand new alternator on it.....and the 4-note horns came home with me.
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26025
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26020
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26024
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26022
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26021
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26023

How about a Fiero convertible??
South Austin Salvage Yarding Today CruiseIn3-26026

Hot but fun afternoon in the salvage yard! Looking forward to installing my 4-note horns!

-Mike

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Those red sedan seats are still calling my name.......

I keep thinking how much better the sedan rear seat looks than the wagon rear seat.....
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:11 pm

THAT PINTO WAGON WOULD BE NICE W/ ALMOST $4 BUCK GAS !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Looks like somebody's going back for a Reatta steering wheel.

Admit it, you'll be there tomorrow. :p
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:36 pm

that's a 79 impala wagon not a caprice, go back and get the sedan seats, all of em
you may want to put a console in your wagon at one point and you'll need the passenger seat
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:47 pm

hey what do they get for doors? I want the ones off one of those elcaminos. Gut them completely and ship them via Greyhound/trailways.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:57 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:
hey what do they get for doors? I want the ones off one of those elcaminos. Gut them completely and ship them via Greyhound/trailways.

come to think of it yeah what he said ^^
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Hey,...was there any 73 olds cutlass in that yard I need a passenger side front door for my 4 door. The car looks like this.

South Austin Salvage Yarding Today 008-7
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:54 am

GSBULLDOG wrote:
THAT PINTO WAGON WOULD BE NICE W/ ALMOST $4 BUCK GAS !

Yuck and NO! Wink
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:56 am

Stingroo wrote:
Looks like somebody's going back for a Reatta steering wheel.

Admit it, you'll be there tomorrow. :p

I'm really tempted. "R" on the horn button "could" stand for Roadmaster, right?? There is a place in Dallas that re-covers wheels. Had the one in my Custom Cruiser done there and it looked awesome. $10 for the wheel, $80 to re-cover it.

I should go nab it if only to save it from the crusher...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:00 am

buickestate wrote:
that's a 79 impala wagon not a caprice, go back and get the sedan seats, all of em
you may want to put a console in your wagon at one point and you'll need the passenger seat

Dangit I knew that was an Impala....had not had me Wheaties yet when I posted those pics I guess. I grew up around a 78 Impala. Doh.

As for the seats, yeah I'm really tempted. Hard to find good leather down here, the sun eats them up, and other than being dirty and in dire need of conditioning, those looked really good. I'm on a budget though...you know how it goes.

We'll see. That car was in New Arrivals so it'll be there a little while.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:03 am

1993 Roady-man wrote:

Here is their webpage with pricelist: http://wrenchapart.com/pricelist.htm

Looks like doors are $45 each with a $5 core.

You gonna make me go rip doors off???? Those suckers are heavy man! Same basic ones I have on my Cutlass. OUCH!

Ha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:06 am

1993 Roady-man wrote:
Hey,...was there any 73 olds cutlass in that yard I need a passenger side front door for my 4 door. The car looks like this.

South Austin Salvage Yarding Today 008-7

I didn't see one, but they pop up now and then. Neat car by the way. The 73's have by far the best looking bumpers of all the 70's Cutlass models.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:36 am

buickestate wrote:
...go back and get the sedan seats, all of em

I agree with Pat! You should also grab the LT1 mirrors! Spares (or sell them) Plus that alternator looks brand new! Lol Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:43 am

If u don't mind I would love the elky doors, for that price. Wish I was down there to help.

And if you do by chance see one of the 73' I need it bad. That door is half the size so it wouldn't be as heavy LOL! And Thanks my olds only has 50k on it.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:01 pm

50 bucks per door is a great price now how much is shipping to flint mi via greyhound?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:18 pm

The front seats from the 95 sedan would work good in the white OCC in austin,.
so would the "R" steering wheel,.(with an olds rocket decal)
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:22 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
The front seats from the 95 sedan would work good in the white OCC in austin,.
so would the "R" steering wheel,.(with an olds rocket decal)

Don't think I hadn't thunk about that....the seats that is. I'm pretty sure they are a darker red than the OCC interior, but on a 300K mile $350 car who really cares if the are a tad darker, right??
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:17 am

yeah ship all those doors to michigan,... i will pick mine up there too. if u decide to lift those heavy doors. let me know and i can get the money to u.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:43 am

81X11 wrote:

As for the seats, yeah I'm really tempted. Hard to find good leather down here, the sun eats them up, and other than being dirty and in dire need of conditioning, those looked really good........

I'm about as jealous as I get. Every one of these Texas posts kills me.
Sun may eat up seats but it keeps those carcasses nice.
Around here, if we leave a car for 5 minutes the rust starts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Austin Salvage Yarding Today   South Austin Salvage Yarding Today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Austin Salvage Yarding Today
Page 1 of 1