GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fall Guy jump compalation

Go down 
+6
toomanytoyz
scoffman
81X11
phantom 309
roadmastercouple
200OZ
10 posters
AuthorMessage
200OZ
200OZ

Fall Guy jump compalation  Empty
PostSubject: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:18 pm

The Fall Guy, one of my favorite tv shows when I was little. Lots of cool jump seances, with some cool "extras" cars.

Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:25 pm

how many of those trucks do you think they wrecked and how many times was the suspension replaced.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:42 pm

i love the way movie cars and trucks fly so nicely balanced,. in real life the front end hits so hard it bends the truck upwards like a banana,. er,. or so i,ve heard,.

you can see the quad shocks, steering stabilizers, and the trusses on the axles on those trucks,.plenty of different springs used too,. some hard high bounces , some soft belly scraping drops etc,.must have been fun to build stuff to do that, and then fun to fly them,.notice different tire pressures etc,.

if you stop it right at some of the hard landings you can see the busted joints etc,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:54 am

Glad to see there are other folks old enough to remember these shows on here. Lee Majors best role! Hahaha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:18 am

That show and the dukes of hazard inspired me to be a little to reckless when I turned 16. Let's just say a certain kind of toyota van will jump pretty nicely.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/Toyota-Van.jpg
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Man, I never saw that show. Had no idea it had such a cool truck and jumps in it!!!! DAMMIT!

Childhood ruint! Wink
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:18 pm

im 24 never seen that show my wifes 44 and remembers said she used to watch it.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:14 pm

At some point during the shows production they built a custom truck for the jumps. Had a beefed suspension, mid mounted engine and a weight box in the bed that could be loaded to balance the truck.

I love this old stuff for that very reason. Today they would just do everything in some fake a** CGI.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:10 pm

That was a great show. I agree it was Lee Majors best roll. And yes I replaced 2 or three pans on my 74' Vega on Pellet road in Webster, NY!!!!! Mom's 76' Vega GT wagon had better springs and sway bars, it fared much better. Thank goodness the brakes worked at the T in the end of the road. A fellow classmate was not so lucky and put his 72 Cutlass into the telephone pole at the end of the road.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:37 am

94Woody wrote:
At some point during the shows production they built a custom truck for the jumps. Had a beefed suspension, mid mounted engine and a weight box in the bed that could be loaded to balance the truck.

I love this old stuff for that very reason. Today they would just do everything in some fake a** CGI.

CGI.... Did you guys see shot of the TOY truck jump over the TOY boat at 1:22? The Dukes of Hazzard did the same thing during season 7 a few times.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:52 am

LOL! I noticed the toys.

Funny stuff.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:31 pm

If'n you guys got Netfix you can watch the fall guy on there. just say'n.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:50 pm

200OZ wrote:
94Woody wrote:

CGI.... Did you guys see shot of the TOY truck jump over the TOY boat at 1:22? The Dukes of Hazzard did the same thing during season 7 a few times.

Mike

Yup, 80's Cheese at it's finest. Still 100 times better than any of todays CGI snooze fests.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 pm

thats when they did real stunts not like now you dont know if it is cgi or if someone actually did it
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:38 am

roadmastercouple wrote:
how many of those trucks do you think they wrecked and how many times was the suspension replaced.

Probably just as many 68/69 Chargers they wrecked on the Dukes of Hazard. Im 32 and vaguely remember the Fall Guy. My folks were more into FFFFFFFFFFFFantasy Island (de Plane! de Plane!) and Moonlighting.... those I remember for some reason.
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall Guy jump compalation    Fall Guy jump compalation  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fall Guy jump compalation
Page 1 of 1