GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics Empty
PostSubject: Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics   Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:09 pm

I had to go to Wrench-A-Part in South Austin today to find a distributor for my '88 Cutlass 307-to-350 swap, and took a few pics since I think some folks on here enjoy them.

No big "finds", and let me tell you it was HOOOTTTT out there today, but I DID get my distributor, which made me happy, and nabbed a few pics while walking around.

Here we go!

How can you break a car seat....it's impossible! Laughing
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune062

Jenny Summers: I remember you used to drive that crappy blue Chevy Nova. What are you driving now?
Axel Foley: Same crappy blue Chevy Nova.
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune059
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune058

I'm calling my brother Reggie, and I'm calling my brother Gaylord.... Laughing
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune042
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune040

Cheviac Wagon
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune036
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune038

Filthy '94 9C1 Caprice
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune052

Bumperless big 80's Olds with a TON of good parts left
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune056

1978 Buick Wagon with hideous green vinyl interior and a 403 under the hood, along with the distributor I need for my Cutlass engine swap! cheers $30 later it was MINE!
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune053
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune046
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune068

Picked-over TBI Roady sedan
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune044

Rust-free T-top '88 Firebird. Just a V6 but TONS of good parts. T-tops were still perfect too.
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune050

80's Monte with lots of good parts
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune048

This hurt to see, gold 1996 Roady wagon with just 119K miles on the clock. Happily someone nabbed pretty much the entire interior before it's gone to the crusher. Engine and drivetrain are all still in it. Tow-pack car too. I almost grabbed the sun-shades, they were perfect, but it was SO HOT out there. I did grab both 3rd row reading light/grab handle lenses. I know they are getting hard to find and I WILL have another longroof again!
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune031
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune030
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune028
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune026
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune024
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune022
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune034

Here's something that is getting harder to find, a rust-free '80 Camaro, with most of it's interior still in it. Lots of good parts for 2nd-gen F-body folks

Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune020
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune017
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune016

Check out this late 60's Buick Electra. The car itself had a few good parts left, but what got me is it was STUFFED with parts, inside and in the trunk. There was a somewhat rare Chrysler "Tuff Wheel" steering wheel attached to a column laying on the front seat, and some really nice old classic hub caps in the trunk. The late-70's "finned" Pontiac Bonneville caps are neat, and the 70's Caddy caps are getting harder to find too.
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune010
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune012
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune014

And lastly, here is a fairly clean and rust-free Impala "Slantback" Coupe. I still like the styling on these. Sadly some dumbass smashed the rear window, the think that made these cars special and also something that is getting more valuble every year. That back glass goes for a lot on Ebay now. Frustrating!
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune006
Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics WeekendCutlassJune008

Hope you enjoyed strolling through the yard with me!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics   Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:45 pm

This is tough to look at. So many dent & rust free old rides that are being junked.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics   Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:06 am

now did that lemans have power windows?

if so that is the source for the rear power vent conversions that works in our wagons
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics   Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:48 am

buickestate wrote:
now did that lemans have power windows?

if so that is the source for the rear power vent conversions that works in our wagons

Nope. it was a very low option car. Cloth seats, but manual everything, actually in really solid shape, was not picked over at all. I love 2-door G-body cars, and liked my '83 Bonny Model G wagon, but making the rear door windows on the 4dr cars fixed and only giving rear seat riders vent windows was SO STUPID. If the a/c dies in the car anyone in the back just flat roasted.

That said, you really do need to make up and sell some power vent kits for Longroofs. I know you'd have a market here!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
coopracing

PostSubject: Trim   Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 am

Man I would pay good money for the some of that beltline trim. It lloks like it had some good pieces on it.

Are you going back?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics   Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:11 pm

coopracing wrote:
Man I would pay good money for the some of that beltline trim. It lloks like it had some good pieces on it.

Are you going back?

I don't know when. I about got heatstroke. I need to go at 9am when they open if I do go again before October.
Back to top Go down
Zorrodeporro

Zorrodeporro

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics   Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Great pics. But sad to see a dead woody wagon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics   Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunday Austin Texas Wrench-A-Part pics
Page 1 of 1