GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter? Empty
PostSubject: Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter?   Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm in the middle of replacing my rear brake line on my 92 RMW. The line that runs from the ABS to the rear. I need a bubble flare to inverted adapter to screw into the ABS module. I can only get pre-flared lines that are the correct size with inverted flares. I have checked out the Dorman site, but can't tell which one is the correct piece.

Here's the Dorman adapters

Here's another source
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter?   Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:53 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
I'm in the middle of replacing my rear brake line on my 92 RMW. The line that runs from the ABS to the rear. I need a bubble flare to inverted adapter to screw into the ABS module. I can only get pre-flared lines that are the correct size with inverted flares. I have checked out the Dorman site, but can't tell which one is the correct piece.

Here's the Dorman adapters

Here's another source

Check your local NAPA store. They will have an adapter chart (assuming the parts man is an intellectual cul-de-sac) that will show you the correct part. Take the old line in with the old fittings to give them as a reference. Failing that, take all the bits with you to Canuck Pneau and rifle through their parts bins.

Thought you were cooking turkeys and laying tile?

Bill
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter?   Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 7:37 pm

convert2diesel wrote:

Thought you were cooking turkeys and laying tile?

Bill

well it started out that way till he had a couple of drinks,..now he's cooking tile,....

canuck pneu billy,. or pneu canuck works better,.

Nic oui?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter?   Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:14 pm

Crappy Tire was no help. They have only the line with the double flare in our size. They claim the adapter doesn't come in 1/4". I said, "no problem, I'll take this line, cut the end off it, and you can go put a bubble flare on it for me." Then they told me that they don't have a bubble flare tool in the shop. I said no problem, I'll buy the tool. They tell me that they don't sell them. I wanted to punch the kid in the face.

I'll try CAPS on Tuesday. Failing that, I think I will just buy the bubble tool from Princess Auto. It's on sale this week...

Yes, it was turkey today. I am stuffed, and slightly drunk. drunken

Tile goes in next weekend...
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter?   Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:28 pm

Princess does list a bubble flair tool but check out anyone who does alot of brake work. When I had to do all of the custom lines on the Roady, I borrowed a friends kit that does everything from normal flairs to the special GM lines for oil coolers, fuel lines etc. Neat tool. Uses hydraulics on an anvil system with various dies that also include the metric bubbles. Expensive as hell (around 500 bucks, which is why I borrowed it) but worth its weight. Going to buy one before I do the Caddy. Gives a perfect end every time.

As has become a custom around here, took a page from our southern friends and deep fried the gobbler tonight. Only way to go. Used to hate turkey but am now a devotee. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter?   Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:07 pm

I bought a kit off Ebay. Works like a charm. Actually the ISO flares are easier to get right than a standard double-flare. Or my double-flare kit just sucks. Either way, here are some listed now:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=iso+flare&_sacat=See-All-Categories

convert2diesel wrote:
As has become a custom around here, took a page from our southern friends and deep fried the gobbler tonight. Only way to go. Used to hate turkey but am now a devotee. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone.

Bill

Yeah, that's the only way to cook a bird:

1. Add oil, turn on heat
2. Drink one beer
3. Add bird
4. Drink three beers
5. Remove bird
6. Drink one beer (turkey's gotta cool!)
7. Enjoy as you finish up your six pack!

That's my contribution to Thanksgiving for about 7 years now. The ladies cook all the rest of the stuff while this is going on.

On a more serious note - a good tip for lowering the bird slowly is to get a broomstick and put a couple zip ties right at the center, spaced about 1/2" apart. Pull 'em on tight. Now when you go to lower the turkey into the oil you put the broomstick through the little hook/handle that comes with the turkey fryer. The zip ties keep the hook from sliding on the broomstick. Get a "dunking partner" to hold the other end of the stick and slowly lower the turkey into the oil. This gets you far away from the oil and any residual splatter. Much safer, too. Plus it frees up a hand so the "dunkers" can still hold their beer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter?   Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand and PN for bubble to inverted flare adapter?
Page 1 of 1