GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Starter issue?

Go down 
+2
Fred Kiehl
Boomhauers_93Wagon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Boomhauers_93Wagon

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Well got a problem, the starter is probably about to $hit the bed so I was wondering if there is a different type of starter I could get the would be a little more better?

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:37 pm

I do not know if the Corvette starters will bolt up to an LO3/5. This might be a good question to put on ISSF.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:14 pm

You might have some luck by going to your local parts store and see what they have that is still available in block-mount starters for Chevy V-8's.
Read this here thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just make sure that if you get a beefier starter, that the bolts are sufficiently long & strong enough.
Back to top Go down
Boomhauers_93Wagon

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Great... its been tryin to want to start and eventually will after a few sometimes long drawn cranks...

I just left my cousins shop he charged my a/c which is now COLD lol but its seeming like it wants to die, lights were dimming the whole bit... he said maybe loose terminal or loose wire on the starter...

I also noticed this morning upon first start up the clock read 12:00...

Back to top Go down
jimbeau

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Might wanna check things over sooner, rather than later. You might be overheating a connection.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:27 pm

You could have a bad alternator, or a bad connection at the battery. If the RPMs are dropping, it could be a lot of other issues, from grounds to a weak fuel pump. If the clock started over, you may have a hot at all times issue.
Back to top Go down
Boomhauers_93Wagon

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Well the starter definitely went, along with my ac delco battery...

Question is whats the most biggest battery I can put in the Wagon?

The starter is covered under warranty thats good, i guess...
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Group 78 series
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
gmtech

gmtech

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Well... if you can swing it, this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will do the job. A bit on the overkill side of things though.

You can always go with a gear reduction [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] like this. Really not that pricey either.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Should also be able to do/use this one - AZ #17124

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
jimbeau

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Do those geared starters have a good track record over several years in the snow & rust belt? They ARE getting cheaper.
Back to top Go down

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:30 pm

I will stick with my cheap Optima yellow top!317 bucks for a battery is crazy money!
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:18 pm

and optimas are overpriced crap too, dummy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starter issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter issue?   Starter issue? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starter issue?
Page 1 of 1