GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GG91Wagon

GG91Wagon

GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice Empty
PostSubject: GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice   GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:16 am

Hey guys,

Our 91 Caprice wagon is in need of a new motor, the current 305 has had it. I don't really want to put a TBI era 350 in, I would rather upgrade to a Vortec 350 and use the TBI manifold. I know some of what is entailed in this swap, my question is, will the GMPP conversion (Vortec heads to TBI) intake fit under the hood and cowl of the Caprice? I know I will probably have to use the truck distributor but will I be able to get the distributor in since the hole isn't as large? Also what will I have to do for the air cleaner? Has anyone done this swap?

Any help is appreciated...thanks in advance.

-Collin
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice   GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Collin, I know that the traditional Round chrome air cleaners will work if you use a different / angled air cleaner stud you can even make a cold air kit work as well

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice   GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:21 pm

You will have to have the dizy hole ported out either that or remove the whole engine when needing to change the dizy. Shocked
Back to top Go down
GG91Wagon

GG91Wagon

PostSubject: Re: GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice   GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:17 am

scoffman wrote:
You will have to have the dizy hole ported out either that or remove the whole engine when needing to change the dizy. Shocked
Does anyone know if there is enough meat in that area of the Vortec intake to have it ported out to retain the stock Caprice distributor?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice   GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GMPP Vortec intake fitment in Caprice
Page 1 of 1