GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Injector compatibility for LT1s

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GG91Wagon

GG91Wagon

Injector compatibility for LT1s Empty
PostSubject: Injector compatibility for LT1s   Injector compatibility for LT1s Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:42 am

I think the time has come for me to replace atleast one injector in my 1994 Roadmaster. Can you guys tell me what other injectors will work? Are there any from other vehicles that have injectors with the same flow rate as our cars? I'm not looking for any upgrades or higher flow rate, just something that will replace my originals that have 250k.

Thanks in advance,
Collin
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Injector compatibility for LT1s   Injector compatibility for LT1s Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:50 am

why??
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Injector compatibility for LT1s   Injector compatibility for LT1s Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:01 am

It must have betrayed him...
Back to top Go down
GG91Wagon

GG91Wagon

PostSubject: Re: Injector compatibility for LT1s   Injector compatibility for LT1s Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:20 am

phantom 309 wrote:
why??
Sorry I didn't explain. Trying to track down the cause of poor driveablity and backfiring through the intake. Already tested fuel pressure, it's good. A mechanic friend suggested that one or more injectors might be sticking open. Thought it wouldn't hurt to replace them anyway since they were high mileage units.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Injector compatibility for LT1s   Injector compatibility for LT1s Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:57 pm

well in my opinion,.
look at your spark plug wires,.
pull the coil wire off check the coil tower,.
weak spark is most times the culprit ,.
LT1 plug wires are a night mare , they will wear thru and cross fire,.

do the spray bottle test with the car idling,spray the wires with water mist, especially around the coil,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
gmtech

gmtech

PostSubject: Re: Injector compatibility for LT1s   Injector compatibility for LT1s Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:37 pm

phantom 309 wrote:

do the spray bottle test with the car idling,spray the wires with water mist, especially around the coil.

Nick

+1 Add a little bit of salt to the water to create a brine solution, this will help conduct electricity better and make the borderline lines wires show their weakness. Along with this, take a 12v test light and ground it like you normally would and use the probe end, DO NOT PIERCE THE WIRE, but hover over it about a 1/2 inch or so. What you are doing here is creating a path of less resistance for the spark to travel to ground. In the event you get a spark coming from the wire to the tip of your test light you have found your culprit wire. At this point replace the entire set of wires.

I know this video is talking about a Ford diagnosis, but it brings to life what I was talking about in the aforementioned paragraph.

GG91Wagon wrote:

...injectors might be sticking open.

This would cause a rich condition and does not usually create a lean backfire condition in the intake.

Last edited by gmtech on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GG91Wagon

GG91Wagon

PostSubject: Re: Injector compatibility for LT1s   Injector compatibility for LT1s Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Thank you for the assistance gentlemen, I am going to go probing and see what I find.

Still, out of curiosity, are there any other vehicle's injectors that will work in LT1s?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Injector compatibility for LT1s   Injector compatibility for LT1s Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:06 am

Contact JaySS on this. He updated his injectors with ethanol resistant versions (2003 and newer I think) that are a direct swap into our cars. He got 24 mpg on the way to wagonfest.
Back to top Go down
GG91Wagon

GG91Wagon

PostSubject: Re: Injector compatibility for LT1s   Injector compatibility for LT1s Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:58 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Contact JaySS on this. He updated his injectors with ethanol resistant versions (2003 and newer I think) that are a direct swap into our cars. He got 24 mpg on the way to wagonfest.
Very interested in this...I hope he chimes in.
Back to top Go down
gmtech

gmtech

PostSubject: Re: Injector compatibility for LT1s   Injector compatibility for LT1s Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:31 pm

...added a video in a previous post.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Injector compatibility for LT1s   Injector compatibility for LT1s Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Great Video, thanks GMTECH!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injector compatibility for LT1s   Injector compatibility for LT1s Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Injector compatibility for LT1s
Page 1 of 1