GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Air ride shock pump disconnect relay?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Air ride shock pump disconnect relay? Empty
PostSubject: Air ride shock pump disconnect relay?   Air ride shock pump disconnect relay? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:32 pm

I put Morores on my car - non air - and the air compressor runs from time to time. Is there a relay I can disconnect?
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Air ride shock pump disconnect relay?   Air ride shock pump disconnect relay? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:33 pm

I'm looking for a known-good level switch. It's above the rear differential. If you take that off and send it to me, you'll solve both our problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com

PostSubject: Re: Air ride shock pump disconnect relay?   Air ride shock pump disconnect relay? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:57 pm

You can also pull the fuse for it. I don't know what fuse it is on the LT1 cars, but I replaced my leaky air shocks with Monroe Severe Service and pulled the fuse and it never runs. Works just fine. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Air ride shock pump disconnect relay?   Air ride shock pump disconnect relay? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:49 am

Do we know what fuse it is?

Nick - I can take it off of my 1991 and send it - that one needs a trans so I think its going to be a parts car
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Air ride shock pump disconnect relay?   Air ride shock pump disconnect relay? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:18 am

The fuse is in the fusebox under the hood on the passenger side wheel well. I believe it's a 25 amp fuse labeled Elec.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Air ride shock pump disconnect relay?   Air ride shock pump disconnect relay? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:52 am

TBI car? In that case, just pull the fuse in the #3 slot. Should be a 20A. It won't run after that, and in my experience nothing else will be affected.

Also, maybe add the year of your car in your signature? Smile
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Air ride shock pump disconnect relay?   Air ride shock pump disconnect relay? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:08 am

Oops. The fusebox under the hood is for the LT1. I don't know about the TBI fuses.

JimR, if the level sensor is good, I would like it. I just pulled one off a junkyard car, and the system still doesn't work. It's frustrating, because I traced the intermittant fault to a bad wire where the harness enters the sensor. But I don't know if the JY switch I put in is any good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air ride shock pump disconnect relay?   Air ride shock pump disconnect relay? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air ride shock pump disconnect relay?
Page 1 of 1