GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences?

Go down 
+3
Sprocket
ChevyChugg
uxwbill
7 posters
AuthorMessage
uxwbill

uxwbill

Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences? Empty
PostSubject: Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences?   Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:05 pm

What's the difference between a Chevrolet Caprice and a Chevrolet Caprice Classic?

I would have guessed that maybe the "Classic" variant was a lower end model not offered with Lots Of Interesting Toys, yet the Caprice Classic wagon I've got is pretty much loaded with those things.

I did search the web to see what I might find out and didn't get anything useful.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences?   Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:28 pm

91-92 maybe 93 were the only years of this generation that offered the Caprice without the classic. Caprice was a base model, classic had more amenities.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences?   Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:31 pm

don't know about 93s (don't see many) but the all the LT1 years have Classic and all the 91-92 editions I have seen have not.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences?   Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 pm

My 92 Sedan was a non Classic model. It had ZERO options on it.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences?   Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:33 pm

I have a caprice wagon that must be a base model,. it has a manual transmission.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences?   Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 am

phantom 309 wrote:
I have a caprice wagon that must be a base model,. it has a manual transmission.

Nick

Is that a 3 spd on the column?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences?   Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:07 pm

93s say Classic on them
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences?   Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Sprocket wrote:
93s say Classic on them

Is that all '93's thou? I thought only woodgrain cars got the classic badges. I've seen some 93 wagons with Caprice only badges.
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences?   Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:56 am

Cadet57 wrote:
Is that all '93's thou? I thought only woodgrain cars got the classic badges. I've seen some 93 wagons with Caprice only badges.
Mine does not have the woodgrain and I seriously doubt it ever did. (It's not mentioned in the RPO codes, which show the light blue color to be the factory color.) Woodgrain on a light blue finish just doesn't strike me as a workable color combo.

Yet it's a Caprice Classic per its badges inside and out. And it's got most of the options that were offered for sale.

I still wonder if the "Classic" wasn't supposed to be a lower end model even after all of the discussion here and some private message exchanges with others. I suppose it's quite possible that it was, yet one could still obtain all of the toys that they wanted to pay for. (For example: I have a Buick LeSabre with just about every conceivable option and power doodad on it. It's slightly better equipped than the higher trim level '89 Electra that I also have.)
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences?   Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caprice vs. Caprice Classic - differences?
Page 1 of 1