GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME

Go down 
+10
buickwagon
DBeaSSt
jasonlachapelle
94X2
uxwbill
Sprocket
Olds Weighty Eight
Cadet57
COL
81X11
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
uxwbill

uxwbill

My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:07 am

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
Now what could we put in there that would elicit affraid
Depending upon how much room there is available, I have a better idea. I have a much better idea. Oh yes, yes, yes, yes indeedy...

Consider yourself warned: This video contains minorly coarse language.

Actually, one of my brothers fell for it hook, line and sinker, the other didn't. The one that didn't is the sneaky one who is good at thinking on his feet.

brokecello wrote:
Just a word of advice on the OCC...dont let everyone play with the map pocket in the dash!! hahaa. I had to reglue mine.
81X11 wrote:
Oh man, the first thing my Dad said when he saw the pics was "Hey, what's that?" pointing at the map pocket. No
I agree! That damn thing is the Eighth Wonder of the World. EVERYONE who gets in the car for the first time says, "What's this?" and proceeds to pull it open. Rolling Eyes
It must be a common trait. It was the first thing I saw in the picture of that part of the dash, and yes, I would have opened it (carefully).

I'm relieved to hear this in a way. It means that for once I'm actually fairly normal. Maybe. alien You have no idea what passes for entertainment here on weekends. The kind of mileage we can get out of fart humor or looking up funny names in the phone book is just unreal. And probably illegal.

On a more serious note, did the Roadmaster or Caprice ever have a similar pocket? Or did drivers of those vehicles just not need a place to keep their maps? Very Happy

Last edited by uxwbill on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:10 am

uxwbill wrote:
Now what could we put in there that would elicit affraid
Depending upon how much room there is available, I have a better idea. I have a much better idea. Oh yes, yes, yes, yes indeedy...

Consider yourself warned: This video contains minorly coarse language.

Actually, one of my brothers fell for it hook, line and sinker, the other didn't. The one that didn't is the sneaky one who is good at thinking on his feet.

That was WAY too obvious! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:24 am

81X11 wrote:
That was WAY too obvious! Very Happy
I was actually pretty proud of myself, in that I managed to keep a straight face through the whole thing. It usually happens that I just bust up laughing when doing something like this.

Nobody would expect it in the map pocket tho.

I must have annoyed the management around here, as adding messages to this thread now gives me a prompt to enter a code.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:51 pm

One More Day......
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Yeah, I miss mine...but its still going strong! My first TBI wagon was pushing 300k when I sold it. You will love yours! Counting down!!!

Last edited by brokecello on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:57 pm

you are going to paint the gto white and get a blue guts for it......... geek
Back to top Go down
mayneman

mayneman

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:51 pm

Best of luck with your adventure!

Take your time and enjoy the trip, park far away from business entrances where no other careless or lazy driver will hurt it (I learned the hard way).
I'm glad the car is going to a great attentive owner like yourself, even if it means one less clean white OCC in NC!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:46 pm

I keep looking at the maps, the weather channel, and the road reports. I really wanted to take the southern route through Pensacola, Biloxi, and through New Orleans for some oysters and gumbo, but have a feeling we'd hit a lot of traffic issues and closed roads from the storm. A LOT of water just got dumped over that area.

Option #2 is a straight-shot through Atlanta, across Alabama, Mississippi, middle Louisianna and into Texas. It's the most direct route....but after Atlanta there's not a lot to see. I love the south and love going a new route, but i drove to a family reunion in northern Alabama a few years back, and from Memphis to the lake in Alabama there frankly wasn't much to see.

Option #3 is to go up to Tennessee and visit family in Arkansas. Tennessee is such a pretty state to cross with all the trees and mountains, and it'd be nice to see family, plus we'd cut out one hotel by staying with my Dad's sister in Newport Ark the final night on the road. The Tennessee route is basically the same distance as the southern route along the gulf...

So still up in the air on the route home. Will keep watching the weather channel and monitoring road issues right up until we fly out.

Getting close now! Very Happy

-Mike

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:49 pm

mayneman wrote:
Best of luck with your adventure!

Take your time and enjoy the trip, park far away from business entrances where no other careless or lazy driver will hurt it (I learned the hard way).
I'm glad the car is going to a great attentive owner like yourself, even if it means one less clean white OCC in NC!

Sorry to come steal a car from your state, but I promise to baby it, and it'll never see salt or snow!! I hope this is a good one and that I can keep it a LONG time.

Back to top Go down
mayneman

mayneman

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 3:12 am

81X11 wrote:

Yes sir just about the first thing on my list once it's home is tinting the windows. I want the dark blue interior to stay dark blue!

Oh and personally I'm glad these are undervalued, so I could buy another one! I will say about 2-3 years ago when I bought my Roady, these cars could be found cheaper and with less miles. I've looked DAILY since last April when I sold my Roadmaster and all the cars I found either had more miles than I wanted or were priced out of my budget. Really glad this one popped up, just wish it was closer.

Oh and the SECOND thing on my to-do list is a top-to-bottom clean-up and detailing.

Lots of trip pics to come! Can't wait!

-Mike

Just got my insurance settlement and was pleasantly suprised that State Farm said that my car has an ACV of $5900. They stated that it was due to very clean condition and low miles of 127K......I can't imagine what they'd value one with 1/2 the miles like SOME people have!! I feel that State Farm was very fair in valueing my car, as for other insurance companies, who knows?
Geez, to think I was scared that my car was going to be totaled for such minor damage......the damage is a far far cry from 75% of value.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 9:17 am

mayneman wrote:[/quote]

Just got my insurance settlement and was pleasantly suprised that State Farm said that my car has an ACV of $5900. They stated that it was due to very clean condition and low miles of 127K......I can't imagine what they'd value one with 1/2 the miles like SOME people have!! I feel that State Farm was very fair in valueing my car, as for other insurance companies, who knows?
Geez, to think I was scared that my car was going to be totaled for such minor damage......the damage is a far far cry from 75% of value.[/quote]

That's awesome news!!........and I hope the guy selling me my OCC doesn't read this before I pay him and have the title in hand. Laughing
-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:07 am

81X11 wrote:

Geez, to think I was scared that my car was going to be totaled for such minor damage......the damage is a far far cry from 75% of value.[/quote]

That's awesome news!!........and I hope the guy selling me my OCC doesn't read this before I pay him and have the title in hand. Laughing [/quote]
Thats VERY good to hear since I have had my 91 OCC insured with state farm for the last 8 years and I have always carried full coverage
due to its condition and very low miles.State Farm has always been very fair with me for the last 35 years of coverage on all of my cars,
trucks and bikes as well as hospitalization at one time as well.Guess it helps that I have had only one accident claim in all those years
and it was all my fault but with minimal damage to my vehicle and none to the other vehicle.Only time my agent gave me any crap was
when I had 2 large motorcycles,a 74 Vette and at the time a new 84 thunderbird Turbo Coupe insured with him at the same time.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:30 pm

Bags are packed, and Dad and I are both excited!

I just did the online check-in for the flight, and my wife is driving us to the airport in the morning.

Taking the north route through Memphis and visiting family in Arkansas. Will be home Mon or Tuesday.

Here we go!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:21 pm

So I'd wager that Mike may take a pic or two along the way.....Smile
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:29 pm

81X11 wrote:
All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up, But get up Dad!
the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The OCC's waiting, I want to blow it's horn
I'm All ready, I'm so excited I could die

So Misty, smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh baby, I can't wait get my OCC
-Mike

have a safe trip keep the shinny side up and the greasy side down.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 10:50 pm

10-4 Good Buddy

Godspeed Mike!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:06 pm

Have a great trip Mike,would love to take a trip with my dad while he could still remember it.He
doesnt always remember this morning but he has almost total recall of his time in the army and
korea.
PS-Mike be sure to wear your baggy shorts in case you get a little too excited when you see your wagon for the first time!
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Enjoy your trip. Make frequent reports!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
PS-Mike be sure to wear your baggy shorts in case you get a little too excited when you see your wagon for the first time!
Oh! That's just wrong... Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Oh! That's just wrong... Exclamation

I guess I should post the story of why my brother got rid of his 94 RMW a few years back.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Mike be sure to wear your baggy shorts in case you get a little too excited when you see your wagon for the first time!

Geez, you'd think he bought a Mercurty Mistress...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Guys,I know Mike loves his wagons ALOT but I think I know why Misty hates them!She's jealous
of these wagons.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Made it home. Quite an adventure. Been playing catch-up today...downloading pics now.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:46 pm

bout time!
Back to top Go down
mayneman

mayneman

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:06 am

um........waiting.......... bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:09 am

Get it in gear Mike and I know by now that there is no such thing as a greasy side of your wagon.
Probably cleaned and detailed it at least twice on the way home.Where are these pics?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:54 am

Mike warn us what thread has the pictures. Razz
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:35 am

Cadet57 wrote:
Mike warn us what thread has the pictures. Razz

Here you go!

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t7102-1598-miles-of-custom-cruising-across-the-usa#74315
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME   My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My "new" '92 Custom Cruiser - CompNine is AWESOME
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2